Story Of Bf And A Hermit College Professor

georgerm

So bigfoot habituation is kind of a "Great Pumpkin" thing? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Especially the kind where y'all hang out and stare at each other and go for car rides. He also has to trust that you'll desecrate his corpse when he dies. No dimemberment no friendship.

I'm nonviolent, why won't a bigfoot befriend me?

If all you have to add to the habituation thread is sarcasm, why not cast your skepticism on your own thread?

Now on to the others:

Let's modify this thead to be about habituation. Habituation has been reported in many other cases. This report of Kong may be totally fabricated. Have you heard of other cases that seem more real?

If all you have to add to the habituation thread is sarcasm, why not cast your skepticism on your own thread?

What was sarcastic about my comment? A statement was made that the impression of non-violence is something that might lure a bigfoot out of hiding to habituate with a human. There are an awful lot of peaceful people who spend time in the woods but never see bigfoot. Why is it only some of those people who have that experience?

What was sarcastic about my comment? A statement was made that the impression of non-violence is something that might lure a bigfoot out of hiding to habituate with a human. There are an awful lot of peaceful people who spend time in the woods but never see bigfoot. Why is it only some of those people who have that experience?

sar·casm [ sr kàzzəm ]

cutting language: remarks that mean the opposite of what they seem to say and are intended to mock or deride

You want to make a mockery of habituations which is the greater topic.

Now on to the thread:

Is BF going to hang out around a farm with lots of gun fire practice going on? If the residents appear threatening, then will BF award them with a relationship?

There aren't enough Bigfoot to go around. Not every Peacenik is lucky enough to have one.

sar·casm [ sr kàzzəm ]

cutting language: remarks that mean the opposite of what they seem to say and are intended to mock or deride

You want to make a mockery of habituations which is the greater topic.

I know what sarcasm is and I didn't employ it with my comment. I have no problem being openly critical of so-called habituations, so I can mock them just fine without sarcasm. Here, check this out:

All stories of bigfoot habituation are steaming piles of horse manure.

There are two different, though not necessarily mutually exclusive, qualities one needs to enjoy a bigfoot habituation. The first is a delusional mental illness, and people who suffer from such disorders have my sincerest sympathies. The second is a vivid imagination, perhaps combined with the desire to make money off of good, honest people who are bigfoot believers and are fascinated by habituation stories. People who fabricate habituation stories and sell them under the guise of factual accounts should be taken to task.

The author of the book in OP perhaps suffers from a delusional disorder, and that is unfortunate.

I know what sarcasm is and I didn't employ it with my comment. I have no problem being openly critical of so-called habituations, so I can mock them just fine without sarcasm. Here, check this out:

All stories of bigfoot habituation are steaming piles of horse manure.

There are two different, though not necessarily mutually exclusive, qualities one needs to enjoy a bigfoot habituation. The first is a delusional mental illness, and people who suffer from such disorders have my sincerest sympathies. The second is a vivid imagination, perhaps combined with the desire to make money off of good, honest people who are bigfoot believers and are fascinated by habituation stories. People who fabricate habituation stories and sell them under the guise of factual accounts should be taken to task.

The author of the book in OP perhaps suffers from a delusional disorder, and that is unfortunate.

Thanks for the straight answer which is better than mockery. I read some more on the Carter habituation and your description probably applies and possibly with with Kong case. I had not read the whole Kong book and missed the part of loading Kong in the car. One problem is you believe BFs don't exist so all habituations cases would be as you described. I'm a skeptic but believe BF exists so each habituation case needs to pass the smell test. Thomas Powell's book, The Locals, describes two habituation cases. He investigated one, and found lots of BF foot prints but the BF's would not show themselves. Now you will come back and claim all footprints are fakes of misidentifications. So we have nowhere else to go........right?

One problem is you believe BFs don't exist so all habituations cases would be as you described. I'm a skeptic but believe BF exists so each habituation case needs to pass the smell test.

That's an interesting point. While I don't agree with their conclusion, I can understand how some people can examine the evidence for bigfoot and conclude that they exist. But habituation stories are another case entirely. I just don't see how any of them could pass any smell test. If you're a skeptic then what are you skeptical about? I'd assume that, if anything, it's easiest to be skeptical about people who claim ongoing relationships with bigfoots but fail/refuse to provide one lick of evidence to support the claim. It's not "mean" to call BS on such stories, it's just reality.

That's an interesting point. While I don't agree with their conclusion, I can understand how some people can examine the evidence for bigfoot and conclude that they exist. But habituation stories are another case entirely. I just don't see how any of them could pass any smell test. If you're a skeptic then what are you skeptical about? I'd assume that, if anything, it's easiest to be skeptical about people who claim ongoing relationships with bigfoots but fail/refuse to provide one lick of evidence to support the claim. It's not "mean" to call BS on such stories, it's just reality.

Perhaps he/she is skeptical of Bigfoot's non-existence?

There are different degrees of skepticism and I fall in the middle and could be called a minor skeptic. There are others who believe BF does not exist so they might be classed as a major skeptic and no case will pass the smell test. From my point of view each habituation case needs to be investigated and some cases may be acceptable to me. Being fooled irks me so it might be wise to have a major skeptic in on the investigation.

Are there any habituation cases that seem more true than others? Now another way to word this from a major skeptic's point of view is are they any cases where the habituation is probably hoaxed yet is undetectable?

Guest BCCryptid

Now on to the others:

Let's modify this thead to be about habituation. Habituation has been reported in many other cases. This report of Kong may be totally fabricated. Have you heard of other cases that seem more real?

I consider the Albert Ostman account habituation. He lived with a family for several days, demonstrated fire to them, eventually got adult male to eat snuff in order to make good his escape.

I consider the Albert Ostman account habituation. He lived with a family for several days, demonstrated fire to them, eventually got adult male to eat snuff in order to make good his escape.

This case would be a type of habituation. He never changed his story.

Anyone care to comment on what makes you think Ostman's story was anything other than a story? To me it's a classic campfire tale, and nothing else.