Story Of Bf And A Hermit College Professor

georgerm

Guest Kerchak

I always have plenty of ammo; usually a full magazine, spare magazines (or individual rounds in an ammo bandolier), and a full box in my pack; about 30 rounds total.

More sasquatches might mean more carcasses for Saskeptic to dissect.

All the same Huntster, you only have one pair of hands. If you are skinning the big guy or cutting his head or foot off (in readiness to send to Mr Saskeptic later on) you won't be able to do that while holding a gun. You'd have to put it down in order to do the work and you can't keep your attention completely focused on the forest behind you while you are busy disecting Biggie. Then, depending on the terrain you have to pass through in order to get back to base, there might well be ambush possibilities, especially when you have to drag/carry heavy Biggie parts with you. If some of these squatches are as big as brown bears and there are more than one of them coming at you for revenge and they are smarter than a brown bear, well personally I can think of better places I'd rather be. :o

I'd need to be in a tank to feel safe about making it out of there. :)

Well they really didn't usually go around kidnapping people in the old days either.

The native people seemed to believe that this happened frequently enough that it was something to guard against by avoiding certain areas.

Ostman was Swedish, not 'Indian' like Harry.

"Talkative Indian" in Ostman's story.

Ostman had to get a ride to the area while Harry made his own way. . . . I see significant major differences between the Muchalat Harry and Albert Ostman stories.

Of course you, so do I. This is because they are different stories. They are, however, remarkably similar. Do you seriously want to quibble over whether Harry's blankets were significantly different from Ostman's sleeping bag?

And yet by his own admission he kept quiet . . .
That's fine, I just see no reason to accept his "own admission" as factually accurate.

When you watch King Kong do you scream and shout at the t.v when Fay Wray and Bruce Cabot escape from Kong by climbing down the vine yelling "hey, you can't escape empty handed. Grab some of Kong's hair for proof!"????? :)

Me? I shout "go,go go, get away from there!"

I don't get so worked up by fiction media that I shout anything at it.

All the same Huntster, you only have one pair of hands. If you are skinning the big guy or cutting his head or foot off (in readiness to send to Mr Saskeptic later on) you won't be able to do that while holding a gun. You'd have to put it down in order to do the work and you can't keep your attention completely focused on the forest behind you while you are busy disecting Biggie. Then, depending on the terrain you have to pass through in order to get back to base, there might well be ambush possibilities, especially when you have to drag/carry heavy Biggie parts with you. If some of these squatches are as big as brown bears and there are more than one of them coming at you for revenge and they are smarter than a brown bear, well personally I can think of better places I'd rather be. :o

Any evidence that bigfoot moves in family groups or plots revenge? Where's HRPuffinstuff when you need him?

Any evidence that bigfoot moves in family groups or plots revenge? Where's HRPuffinstuff when you need him?

Oh I'm here. And, still awaiting evidence of the *revenge* factor regarding BF. It is truly incredulous to me. I consider myself relatively open-minded. And, I think it was indiefoot who asked if I'd ever heard of Timberghost's encounter. I have tremendous respect for indiefoot.

I've heard the story referenced, but never a rendition of the encounter/experience itself.

Glad to see you made it, lol.

Most animals seem to scatter when you use the "boom stick."

Edited by Colossus

SSR Team

Sorry Sas & anyone else for writing what i wrote before, i shouldn't have wrote what i did..

Peace & Love.. :)

Huntster, on 04 October 2010 - 12:09 PM, said:

I always have plenty of ammo; usually a full magazine, spare magazines (or individual rounds in an ammo bandolier), and a full box in my pack; about 30 rounds total.

More sasquatches might mean more carcasses for Saskeptic to dissect.

True, and though I've been in a similar situation before, I had three other guys to help:

We shot a beautiful sow brown bear (her pelt was almost orange, and nearly 8' squared) in a small bay on the Alaska Peninsula that was literally awash in large bears. At any one time you could glass the place and see 10 to 12 bears. The bear that was shot was apparently a litter mate to another bear (a boar about her same size) that made repeated bluff charges at us as we tried to get the harvested bear skinned out. Two men stood guard, and they fired several warning shots in the sand in front of the pissed off bear and in the air, and made numerous pleas to us to "HURRY UP!"

And more bears appeared to be on their way to where we were frantically skinning out the harvested bear.

Luckily, the skiff was only a hundred yards away from where the bear was dropped, so there was no long, forced march through bears to get to safety.

If a group of sasquatches were to attack as I was trying alone to field dress the first one, it would be a simple decision for me:

Kill 'em all. Let Saskeptic sort 'em out later. Take a hand with you (just a few seconds to remove and place in my bag), and look for where you're going to spend the night feeding a very large fire................

SSR Team

If a group of sasquatches were to attack as I was trying alone to field dress the first one, it would be a simple decision for me:

Kill 'em all. Let Saskeptic sort 'em out later. Take a hand with you (just a few seconds to remove and place in my bag), and look for where you're going to spend the night feeding a very large fire................

Aha, but what if H, that you was faced with this situation & you thought the below ??

" A 30-30 might not have much effect on this fellow, it might make him mad. I only had six shells so I decided to wait. "

Would that change your mind & agree with what Ostman said & possibly make you not try to " kill me all ", the same as him ??

Edited by BobbyO

Any evidence that bigfoot moves in family groups or plots revenge?

The Fred Beck story comes to mind.

Of course, here's where hard core skeptics enter with their very predictable line of, "but that's just a story".

Well, I just related my own "story" about brown bears doing that very thing. More, I'm sure the more mature bears in the bay were on their way just because they smelled blood. They would have no qualms about feasting on another brown bear skinless carcass (they'd probably be very thankful that it was skinned and prepared just right). The skeptics and denialists can deny that one as well, if they'd like.

Where's HRPuffinstuff when you need him?

What's he going to do? Ban somebody and erase posts?

Huntster, on 05 October 2010 - 09:35 AM, said:

Aha, but what if H, that you was faced with this situation & you thought the below ??

" A 30-30 might not have much effect on this fellow, it might make him mad. I only had six shells so I decided to wait. "

Would that change your mind & agree with what Ostman said & possibly make you not try to " kill me all ", the same as him ??

I'm not sure I understand. Did Ostman worry that his rifle was underpowered? Or that four sasquatches were too much of a challenge for him with limited ammo?

Yeah, I suppose if I had been "abducted" by a sasquatch or extraterrestrial alien and brought to a cave or spaceship without my beloved, high powered rifles or ammo, I'd be at a disadvantage.

But that hasn't happened to me yet. Even when I have been in trouble (with animals and men; but never little green men), I always seemed to have my weapon and plenty of ammo and the attitude to use it.

Just prepared and lucky, I guess. I'd sure like to be attacked by a sasquatch or three. My bet is that the proverbial carcass would be forthcoming.........

Edited by Huntster

SSR Team

I'm not sure I understand. Did Ostman worry that his rifle was underpowered? Or that four sasquatches were too much of a challenge for him with limited ammo?

Yeah, I suppose if I had been "abducted" by a sasquatch or extraterrestrial alien and brought to a cave or spaceship without my beloved, high powered rifles or ammo, I'd be at a disadvantage.

But that hasn't happened to me yet. Even when I have been in trouble (with animals and men; but never little green men), I always seemed to have my weapon and plenty of ammo and the attitude to use it.

Just prepared and lucky, I guess. I'd sure like to be attacked by a sasquatch or three. My bet is that the proverbial carcass would be forthcoming.........

Sorry, what i menat to ask you was, & from how i read Ostman's words, would you maybe change your mind in trying to kill them all if you had what you thought was an underpowered Gun & only 6 Shells ??

I don't know, i've never been anywhere near a situation like that with Guns &/or Wildlife & know you would have a better idea for a question that i have in my head about that particular part fo the story..

I mean would those 2 things make you reconsider attmepting to kill them all & maybe wait for a better moment & another situation to get out of the predicament Ostman says he was in ??

Huntster, on 05 October 2010 - 09:53 AM, said:

Sorry, what i menat to ask you was, & from how i read Ostman's words, would you maybe change your mind in trying to kill them all if you had what you thought was an underpowered Gun & only 6 Shells ??

Yeah, especially if they appeared not to be an immediate threat as Ostman reported. But like Ostman, I'd be downright attached to that 30-30 and 6 rounds, and would not hesitate to use it if things got dicey.

I mean would those 2 things make you reconsider attmepting to kill them all & maybe wait for a better moment & another situation to get out of the predicament Ostman says he was in ??

Ostman's story was quite unique. One wonders why he was abducted and being held. I can easily understand a sasquatch being fascinated in a human child like in the Copalis Beach story and the story that I retold from an Alaskan hunting forum where a boy was abducted, but why an adult male? Muchalat Harry believed that he was going to be eaten, but Ostman didn't report that at all.

I might be inclined to hang around and "co-habitate) just for the sake of interest, but I'd likely get cold with the first good storm and want to get home to Mrs. Huntster and my refrigerator full of beer. The 30-30 and 6 rounds would have to do. A Huntster deprived of beer can get awfully mean.