Story Of Bf And A Hermit College Professor

georgerm

Guest BCCryptid

Well, this has been a monumental thread derail, can we PLEASE get back to discussing the story at hand?

My own summary, there's nothing in this story that either proves it is a hoax nor proves it happened. Some notes:

Curious: all of animal's hair was short, greyish? And small feet? This does not match most descriptions, ie, sections of longer dark brown, black or red hair, and LARGE feet. If we are to accept Clement's ape, it appears to be some type of 'runt of the litter'.

Re-enforcement: "He was also terrified of cultural objects made of metal, plastic, or glass."

(explains lack of results so far with game cams)

humor: "In fact, by jumping up and down and yelling I can get most any person or animal to back off."

"Barney Prescott the zoology instructor" likely changed, based on author's character.

The Infamous Car-Loading Incident

"To complete my lure I put apples up front in the wagon and told Kong to get them. He had never been in the car before and leaned over to get to them from the rear without actually getting in. I picked up his feet, he was heavy, and pushed him into the rear. He resisted little and helped by stooping down further and following my pushing lead moved his body to the front where the apples were. Once I had him inside I closed the tailgate and went around to the driver's seat.

Kong panicked when I slammed the door and started the electric rear window winding upward. He began screaming and clawing wildly at the upholstery, tearing huge chunks of it away. I put my hand back to stop him but he caught my hand with his wrist as he swung wildly, the pain shot all the way to my shoulder but my hand and arm was not broken, just bruised. I yelled at Kong to STAY but he continued whacking away at the rear of the wagon. I was hoping that he didn't get his body set where he could get leverage. Finally when I turned the car to back around he was thrown flat to the front. I said LIE as loudly as I could. The word exploded from my lips. Kong momentarily stunned, rolled over on his back with his head toward the front seat. I put my hand on the top of his head and started the car. He whimpered but I kept my right hand on him and clumsily drove the car with my left hand, the wrist of which was aching. I believe it was the initial trust that I built up with Kong which made him quiet and accept the ride."

Posters are right, this part is completely unbelievable. First, it was WAY too easy for him to coax him into a car after months and months of talking about how skittish he is and how difficult it was to teach him all but the most rudimentary concepts. I have tried to transport a skittish cat in a car, and I can tell you, the second the engine started it turned into a flying fur ball that bounced around inside the car until it fell, unconscious, from repeatedly smacking it's head against the glass to get out. A full grown sasquatch would have turned that car into scrap metal, and likely killed Clement, in it's efforts to get out, and get out it would have, when he started the engine or shut the door.

There's also no mention in his otherwise meticulous log, of him needing to get her car seats repaired from the apparent outburst during the car loading.

Another interesting point: He appears to be proud of being a scientist, and his investigations into his pet sasquatch are meticulous and continuous, yet he makes no mention of researching the animal itself, getting most of his information from his crazy gun toting zoologist associate. This seems very strange to me, wouldn't he research his subject as much as possible in order to better understand it? For example, he mentions that 'sasquatch' is what the 'indians call it'. This is ludicrously naive. Sasquatch is what the (mostly white) Canadians call it! The native north americans have their own name, numerous names. Sasquatch is a bastardization of what some white guy thought a native called it, nothing more. He suddenly erupts into an apparent knowledge of many sightings in his area, yet he refers to the Patterson film as 'some guy on a horse' and makes no mention of ever having watched it to compare to his pet.

Finally, finding the animal dead, on his outhouse path, is strange. Perhaps this one animal felt it a good idea to die beside his friend, but we'd know all about them by now if they just dropped dead in common areas. I find his description of hauling the carcass into his car as somewhat dubious, but the animal may have lost considerable weight by that point. A 'rope turned around a car door frame' does not a good pulley system make, and I am surprised he had such a useful door frame on that car to use for this purpose, in hauling an at least 500 lb dead carcass up an old car door into a station wagon. I would expect instead that as soon as any weight was put on the door frame from that weight, it would begin bending and deforming and cutting the rope.

Edited by BCCryptid

"I was hoping that he didn't get his body set where he could get leverage. Finally when I turned the car to back around he was thrown flat to the front. I said LIE as loudly as I could. The word exploded from my lips. Kong momentarily stunned, rolled over on his back with his head toward the front seat. I put my hand on the top of his head and started the car."

He started the car then started it again? Did anyone else catch that?

What do you mean by door frame? I need a picture and red circles. Seriously. I want to understand what you're saying before I go further.

Guest BCCryptid

"I was hoping that he didn't get his body set where he could get leverage. Finally when I turned the car to back around he was thrown flat to the front. I said LIE as loudly as I could. The word exploded from my lips. Kong momentarily stunned, rolled over on his back with his head toward the front seat. I put my hand on the top of his head and started the car."

He started the car then started it again? Did anyone else catch that?

What do you mean by door frame? I need a picture and red circles. Seriously. I want to understand what you're saying before I go further.

Yes, so do I!!!

I am inferring from the story, Clement's station wagon had a way to open a side vent window that would allow a rope to loop around the main front windshield frame. There's no way he could have used the door itself, I mean the frame the door was hinged on. Does he mention what type of station wagon he drove?

Guest BCCryptid

The author also does not hide the fact that he is an alcoholic and has serious mental health issues.

Can you support this with text from the story? Having a single malt scotch every night after work is NOT the definition of an alchoholic, btw. If it is, I'd say 75% of this board are raging chronics! :D

I see no mention of serious mental health issues (you can't use the story itself, o snipers from the peanut gallery ;) )

in the text. Having a broken marriage and feeling the need to live in a cabin in the woods is not signs of 'serious mental health issues'.

Well, if he opened the front and rear doors he could have used that frame and it's plenty strong. Otherwise he was using the door window frame. That might not hold. I'm not sure, I've never tried. Maybe it's time to go to the junk yard. Well, if we know what kind of wagon it was.

Guest BCCryptid

Well, if he opened the front and rear doors he could have used that frame and it's plenty strong. Otherwise he was using the door window frame. That might not hold. I'm not sure, I've never tried. Maybe it's time to go to the junk yard. Well, if we know what kind of wagon it was.

Good point, but aren't most of those middle frames square? That would not make a very good post for this makeshift pulley system. I'm trying to imagine him heaving on this rope, looped around a square post, tied to a 500lb+ dead weight, and all I can see is the rope binding up on the post. He would have no way to take up the slack on the dead weight to advance the rope, either.

I know what sarcasm is and I didn't employ it with my comment. I have no problem being openly critical of so-called habituations, so I can mock them just fine without sarcasm. Here, check this out:

All stories of bigfoot habituation are steaming piles of horse manure.

There are two different, though not necessarily mutually exclusive, qualities one needs to enjoy a bigfoot habituation. The first is a delusional mental illness, and people who suffer from such disorders have my sincerest sympathies. The second is a vivid imagination, perhaps combined with the desire to make money off of good, honest people who are bigfoot believers and are fascinated by habituation stories. People who fabricate habituation stories and sell them under the guise of factual accounts should be taken to task.

The author of the book in OP perhaps suffers from a delusional disorder, and that is unfortunate.

Of course you are a scientist with no real knowledge of these creatures, their physical traits or habits, so your baseless opinions are just that, with no real value to anyone but yourself. As you are one trained in the sciences, I for one would like to know and understand your premise for concluding that all reports wherein some rural folks somewhat routinely see and have occasional interactions - not necessarily at their own initiative - with these creature are ALL "steaming piles of horse manure". (Forget about the case of the college professor being discussed in this thread. It is horse manure, doomed from the start by the profession and habits of the writer.)

Squar-ish. This is why I want to know what type of car then find one in a junk yard, get about 3 grown people to act as dead weight, and try to pull them.

Guest BCCryptid

Squar-ish. This is why I want to know what type of car then find one in a junk yard, get about 3 grown people to act as dead weight, and try to pull them.

I'd use real dead weight, sacks of potatoes, garbage, ect... as opposed to people. Also, you would have no idea of the rope's type and diameter. A good mountain climbing rope would work far better than an old braided hemp style or that poly crap, for example.

Guest BCCryptid

I guess the best we could must would be a common type sold from the period of time.

I'm thinking common manila: 1-manila-rope.jpg

Don't forget to use an old car door as a ramp, either! This guy sounds very strong, but he did admit to being a human mole (loves digging).

I just got a visual of three grown folks being drug behind one of those old Volks Wagon station wagons with the wood panels down a dirt road :-) Who were you planning on asking to be the test subjects?

I for one would like to know and understand your premise for concluding that all reports wherein some rural folks somewhat routinely see and have occasional interactions - not necessarily at their own initiative - with these creature are ALL "steaming piles of horse manure".

Can you provide for me an estimate of the number of such cases that qualify as habituations according to your criteria? Can you then provide for me an estimate of the number of such cases that have resulted in the collection of physical evidence to corroborate the stories? The answer will be contained in the ratio of the former to the latter.