It's like watching a train wreck

2 hours ago, norseman said:

A poor job? I think science should be commended for what its pulled out of the ground. Look at those little girls squeezing through the cave to get to Homo Naledi fossils!.........

Simply extracting bones and artifacts from the ground isn't a defining feat. Correctly catagorizing the fossils and artifacts are, and as far as defining humanity, yes, science is doing an absolutely horrible job. Today, multiple scientific fields either can't or won't even define gender in living humans, let alone species. We now have dna evidence that human species in the past (Neanderthals/Denisovans) interbred with Homo sapiens, and they continue to define them as different species with very little to zero evidence of such.

........Yes. There will be some sparks flying over how new species are categorized...........

It won't be happening in your or my lifetime, if ever. They'll sit on it until the end of time, or until a discovery is thrust into their faces which forces change.

........I don't think we can draw the line at speech.

A few birds can be taught to mimic human speech, but they don't communicate verbally even with each other independently. Dogs and equines can learn to understand human speech, but they cannot speak. Nor do our closest relatives, the chimps, bobobos, gorillas, and orangs. A couple have been taught sign language. But sasquatches have been reported to speak to each other. Independently. Not taught by humans. Other extant apes do not do that.

Can we stay on topic. If we want to keep on topic about whether how Human Sasquatch may or may not be. May either of you create a new topic.  Let's please stay on topic. Even though this show may be entertaining. It does show what researchers may or may not be facing in the field. But is it really going down hill like a trainwreck. Is it the woo part of the show worry some for some? It does baffle the Dr. as it has myself and maybe even others who have experienced.  I just like how Ronnie  (is that his name) gives an explanation for the woo side of these creatures. The good thing is that the Dr. does not pay to much attention . Science looks for an explanation. This is where this creature defies science. Lidar, motion activated infrared lights, and everything else they have been trying to use. Am I seeing a trainwreck, No! I am seeing a living being defying science. If it is all acting on this show then it should be considered a giant hoax being done on a large amount of viewers. My opinion of course. 

3 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

Can we stay on topic. If we want to keep on topic about whether how Human Sasquatch may or may not be. May either of you create a new topic.  Let's please stay on topic. Even though this show may be entertaining. It does show what researchers may or may not be facing in the field. But is it really going down hill like a trainwreck. Is it the woo part of the show worry some for some? It does baffle the Dr. as it has myself and maybe even others who have experienced.  I just like how Ronnie  (is that his name) gives an explanation for the woo side of these creatures. The good thing is that the Dr. does not pay to much attention . Science looks for an explanation. This is where this creature defies science. Lidar, motion activated infrared lights, and everything else they have been trying to use. Am I seeing a trainwreck, No! I am seeing a living being defying science. If it is all acting on this show then it should be considered a giant hoax being done on a large amount of viewers. My opinion of course. 

Sorry! I made an honest stab with the Lidar post!

😬

Yes, that lidar has me stumped when you see it on the show clearly. In my view it looks like a suited bearded guy walking across that lidar screen. To not see something visual but to see it on a screen. Lidar is a very special tool. Here is what Lidar is:

LIDAR is a pulsed laser that records the time it takes - at nano-second speeds - for that signal to return to source, enabling it to generate a 3D model with greater accuracy than just a simple camera ever could. Think of it like the way a bat 'sees' the world around it; those pulses create an image.

If lidar does this. Then it picked up something solid that walked across and in front of the subject.  If it cannot be seen with the naked eye then how did they advance.  Yet, choose to want live so primitive. 

Yes. I can see how this can be leading to a train wreck.  Could they be victims of a hoax? I honestly felt like I was being hoaxed. The signs were just showing up to quickly. Not like I was trying to find them. They appeared. So I can see how the woo can get you. Also we can say how this might be going down like a train-wreck. 

But they are using science and somehow science is getting beaten. If they are Primates then they are very challenging. But if they are a people then they are living on a different plain or way of life. If it's a train-wreck then i hope it is one goes to the truth. 

I like the show and will continue to watch it - even with the obvious ‘Hollywood’ influence it still feels like it’s directionally going in the right direction as compared to FB.  The Dr. in particular seems to have a healthy skepticism and an open mind, while trying to apply her scientific know-how to a subject matter that many non-believers still consider a joke and yet eye witnesses often recount details of high strangeness.  How do you win? If she wants to continue to be considered a legitimate figure in her field, then she’s put a lot on the line by participating in this show.   

Just finished 4 with the bone piles . So they found some bone piles and the Doctor while examining the pile says this rib cage was crushed .

Then dramatic music plays but they fail to show the rib cage crushed . Just shows their concerned faces ... Yeah Okay

Also the deer leg is sawed off that's why they always show it with the hoof side facing the camera  . Its looks exactly the way when I butcher deer.

On 4/20/2022 at 1:57 PM, norseman said:

For what it's worth, Harry and the Hendersons( friendly sasquatch) sold more movie tickets than Exists(badass sasquatch that will run you down on your bike sasquatch)ever did.......just saying

On 4/25/2022 at 1:21 AM, 7.62 said:

Just finished 4 with the bone piles . So they found some bone piles and the Doctor while examining the pile says this rib cage was crushed .

Then dramatic music plays but they fail to show the rib cage crushed . Just shows their concerned faces ... Yeah Okay

Also the deer leg is sawed off that's why they always show it with the hoof side facing the camera  . Its looks exactly the way when I butcher deer.

This bone pile does look suspicious for me. Since the bone pile is so close to the road. It might just be a bone pile made by a human. Someone dumping off their butchered game.

Like I said you can see some of the trail markers that they follow through out the show. I am not mocking the show. Who is going out to explore an area for the first time in a T.V. program. That whole area has already been explored. Including the findings.  But the Lidar has me stumped. If we could use a tool like that all the time. We would have bagged a creature a long time ago.   

On 4/29/2022 at 12:14 PM, ShadowBorn said:

This bone pile does look suspicious for me. Since the bone pile is so close to the road. It might just be a bone pile made by a human. Someone dumping off their butchered game.

Like I said you can see some of the trail markers that they follow through out the show. I am not mocking the show. Who is going out to explore an area for the first time in a T.V. program. That whole area has already been explored. Including the findings.  But the Lidar has me stumped. If we could use a tool like that all the time. We would have bagged a creature a long time ago.   

I watched the latest one tonight . So Byrce Johnson  gets a phone call from a mysterious logger in the middle of the night to tell him about a bigfoot story :D Never explains how this logger got Byrces cell phone number . 

I don't understand why they don't spend more time looking into their "evidence" that they find.  For example...tonight they caught a bipedal heat signature via drone, which would be a very significant piece of evidence, but they didn't do anything with it!  Why did they not mark the trail where the subject was walking, have one of the team members walk the marked trail with a drone filming from the same, if not approximate, area in the air, and do a size comparison between the known subject and the team member (with all the appropriate scaling and everything)?  Hmmm...makes me wonder if they caught a production crew member walking through the woods to answer nature's call and thought it would add an interesting twist to the show? And why do they always bail on an area when they are finding things anyway?      

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, SasquatchWookie said:

I don't understand why they don't spend more time looking into their "evidence" that they find.  For example...tonight they caught a bipedal heat signature via drone, which would be a very significant piece of evidence, but they didn't do anything with it!  Why did they not mark the trail where the subject was walking, have one of the team members walk the marked trail with a drone filming from the same, if not approximate, area in the air, and do a size comparison between the known subject and the team member (with all the appropriate scaling and everything)?  Hmmm...makes me wonder if they caught a production crew member walking through the woods to answer nature's call and thought it would add an interesting twist to the show? And why do they always bail on an area when they are finding things anyway?      

Because it's fake . Entertaining sure but the show is fake as f##k

On 4/12/2022 at 6:44 PM, guyzonthropus said:

You leave Expedition Bigfoot alone! It never did anything to you! It's trying it's best to take the subject seriously and still appeal to the uninitiated! 

Okay, okay.....

like I said in a different thread, this show represents the next stage of normalization of the topic. Finding Bigfoot was the fun, family oriented, non-threatening mainstream introduction to taking sasquatch seriously (despite "welcome to club sasquatch") which it did. Sure, there's been mountain monsters and killing bigfoot, but those were extremist in their own directions. 

expedition Bigfoot doesn't have the recreations, which served the purpose of showing how normal everyday people were having these encounters, not just whack jobs, but we've been there. It shows seemingly rational, even scientific, people out in the field on longer term studies of an area. By not having it staffed by long term researchers, it shows non-crazy people(by mainstream perspective) taking the material seriously and pursuing such inquiry, which pushes the topic closer to legitimate study. Crafted and produced? Sure, of course! Comes off more rational than Ancient Aliens? I think so... Shows the sasquatch phenomena in a plausible context that furthers mainstream acceptance of the possibility? Ya sher, yoo betcha! 

Good post. This sums it up nicely I think, it has the appearance of being more scientific and perhaps less goofy but it's still obviously edited for TV audiences with created suspense and it is entertainment I suppose after all. I'm quite enjoying the new series, though of course with all these things they must be taken with a pinch of salt. I think you're right it's a stepping stone to normalisation of the topic.

On 4/22/2022 at 4:22 PM, ShadowBorn said:

In my world and I am talking about on how I see these things from my point of view. I see them as very primitive man would be if knowledge was never given to man. Do you believe the knowledge that we have gained was just gained on our own? Something gave us knowledge to get us started. My speculation is that these creatures refused that knowledge. They felt it important to live primitive.  In my view of these creatures, they are the ones who truly live free.

It is us who seem to be the ones who have lost that freedom. We are the ones who are confined by the knowledge that we have gained. If all these things like cell phones, cars, tv's and even our own homes was taken from us. How would us humans live with out those material things.

We use guns and bows, they use rocks and bare hands to hunt.  Their knowledge of the forest is way more superior then ours. We cannot even compare to the way that they are capable of being ninjas out in our forest.

Pardon me for interjecting but this seems a very strange line to be taking. When you talk about knowledge, do you mean something handed physically down like from a mysterious god-like entity or alternatively from learned experience? I'm a skeptic and although I'm kind of very cowardly sat on the fence regarding sasquatch existence that seems a preposterous statement that an animal would refuse some adaptive advantage - the basic principle of Darwin's theory of evolution which works for everything else but apparently not bigfoot?

Also, I would say that modern humans haven't lost anything at all. What we have gained is the choice to be free or to be 'constrained' by modern life. You and I can escape the rat trap at any time and go live out in the forest. Yes, we'll need survival skills which we have the capacity and opportunity afforded us to learn, but we have evolved to be so clever and adaptive that we can effectively choose how we want to survive. Creatures such as bigfoot and all other creatures don't have a choice as far as I can see.

If they are indeed real then, yes, bigfoot would have greater intrinsic knowledge of the forest than us but only in their very narrow field of survival. They wouldn't know the population of bear in the greater area or deer which humans could work out very accurately with surveys, they wouldn't have maps detailing every water source, creek and crevice just a memory of some of them and where they may be located. They wouldn't be able to predict forest fires like we can and take evasive action far in advance or plan for the future to ensure forests are sustainable, they live from day to day like all animals so it's really a bit strange to ascribe to them all these special abilities. Patty is the most convincing evidence of sasquatch, she looks real to me but she also doesn't look like a forest ninja with otherworldly abilities either, she looks like a bi-pedal cousin of the gorilla or bili ape to me and nothing more (maybe with larger brain and slightly developed intelligence).

2 hours ago, Celtic Raider said:

Pardon me for interjecting but this seems a very strange line to be taking. When you talk about knowledge, do you mean something handed physically down like from a mysterious god-like entity or alternatively from learned experience? I'm a skeptic and although I'm kind of very cowardly sat on the fence regarding sasquatch existence that seems a preposterous statement that an animal would refuse some adaptive advantage - the basic principle of Darwin's theory of evolution which works for everything else but apparently not bigfoot?

I am talking about civilization itself. Man did not just figure things out on their own. Some type of entity came down and taught us. Oter wise we be still e living the same way these creatures are.  I am not a big fan of Darwin and his theory of evolution. But this knowledge that man gained was given to us who had more knowledge. We were just hunter/gathers. But something taught us to be civilized. Something taught us to make metal. Something taught us about economic monetary values. That have led us to war among us.

Where are those territorial wars among these creatures.  We see it in Chimps and in other animals. These wars are mostly for food or territory among these other creatures. We would see the right for a mate in most creatures in the wild.  But where is it with these creatures. So for something being so wild, they must be very civil then most creatures of the wild. Again this is just my opinion. 

3 hours ago, Celtic Raider said:

Also, I would say that modern humans haven't lost anything at all. What we have gained is the choice to be free or to be 'constrained' by modern life. You and I can escape the rat trap at any time and go live out in the forest. Yes, we'll need survival skills which we have the capacity and opportunity afforded us to learn, but we have evolved to be so clever and adaptive that we can effectively choose how we want to survive. Creatures such as bigfoot and all other creatures don't have a choice as far as I can see.

By choice we can escape and live free out in the wilderness like them. But as humans we be doing things illegal. Hunting we would need a license to hunt, to fish the same. To own land we pay tax on that land. To cut down trees for a cabin out in the wilderness we would need permission. Sure we can stay hidden but for how long and how deep would we have to travel to get away from civilization. It would take great survival skills.

3 hours ago, Celtic Raider said:

Patty is the most convincing evidence of sasquatch, she looks real to me but she also doesn't look like a forest ninja with otherworldly abilities either, she looks like a bi-pedal cousin of the gorilla or bili ape to me and nothing more (maybe with larger brain and slightly developed intelligence).

In my opinion Patty could have been observing these men for awhile. Then decided that day to show herself. We have no idea what was going on in the mind of Patty that day. Only that these two gentlemen were able to get her on a cam recorder. There still is no verdict whether what we are seeing  is real or not. I still question what they actually caught. That is since I have seen these creatures and have encountered that woo side of them. So they are still a mystery to me. The more I search them the weirder that it gets.

That is where expedition bigfoot is going. So I can see how it can be a trainwreck. In my world there were two things that I have dealt with these creatures. The real world and the spiritual world. The spiritual world is that woo side of these creatures that cannot be explained. The real world are the physical things that we find. The upclose encounters , the foot prints, and the nests and the tree structures.

At least I understand where you are coming from now @ShadowBorn :)

Getting back to Expedition Bigfoot, I would really rather it stayed away from the spiritual and more outlandish side of things. If they are trying to be a more scientific, plausible investigation into real-life flesh and blood creatures I think speculating about things we don't know anything about or have any evidence supporting is straying away from their main selling point. I want to see what hard evidence they turn up, if they are straying out into supernatural ideas that kind of says to me they don't have any real evidence so they have to elaborate on outlandish things for 'filler' which is kind of disappointing.  

• Upvote 1