The Jacobs Photos

Grubfingers

Here is Joker loaded with a black bear I packed out for a friend.

I will wait here for someone to show me a photo of a black bear that looks like the Jacobs photo. Like I have been waiting……

It reminds me of the government writing off the UFO phenomenon as “swamp gas”.

IMG_0598.jpeg

2 hours ago, norseman said:

Here is Joker loaded with a black bear I packed out for a friend.

How did you condition Joker to be so calm with the scent of a bear so close?

45 minutes ago, Catmandoo said:

How did you condition Joker to be so calm with the scent of a bear so close?

An old packer trick is to rub Vicks vapor rub in their nose. I didn’t have any with me so I tied my fleece jacket around her neck that had my sweat on it.

Its mainly just time under pack saddle. Another thing that helps young mules is to mix them with old mules. The old mules will teach them with bites or kicks if they get out of line. I had a lead mule that would lift her leg going down the trail if a young mule tried to pass her. If the youngin did not take the hint? They got kicked in the chin. She was the best mule I ever owned. Bought her from the Busted Ass ranch sale in Arlee, Montana. Paid 1500 bucks for her in 96. Everyone laughed at me until it was time to throw elk quarters on and they are having a goat rodeo and my 2 mules are standing in the gut pile ears forward…… they came right off an outfitter pack string. 

She trained many of the young mules going forward. Suspension bridges, deer, elk, bear, high line etiquette, going down the trail. 

I shot her with my .44 mag when she was blind and failing in the fall one year. She would not have made it through another winter. I bawled like a baby. Hardest thing I have ever done. She was in her 30s. Her name was Mary Lou.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Black Jack and Joker at the ranch

Scout and Joker at the snow peak cabin doing work for the USFS

Steven, Jasper, Red and Scout at ranch

Red at ranch

Big Red, Mary Lou and Benny in the Frank Church wilderness, Idaho

IMG_1399.jpeg

IMG_1403.jpeg

IMG_1684.jpeg

IMG_0255.jpeg

IMG_0035.jpeg

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Incorrigible1 said:

And not worth the time/energy to debate further.

Those are some pretty horse, and nice pictures....

They don't mean diddly. Too many old timers here do this. Rather than evidence to back their position, look at all this evidence of what a big bad outsdoors guy I am, so I must be right.

Its not a sasquatch, it never was. Its a bear at a bear feeding station, in an odd pose, doing bear stuff. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, zendog said:

They don't mean diddly. Too many old timers here do this. Rather than evidence to back their position, look at all this evidence of what a big bad outsdoors guy I am, so I must be right.

Its not a sasquatch, it never was. Its a bear at a bear feeding station, in an odd pose, doing bear stuff. 

I've made no claims to being an outdoors guy.

And not my photos........

Methinks you've confused old guys.

55 minutes ago, zendog said:

Mostly mules….

Experience with target species does count for something.

You are saying it’s an ordinary bear. There millions of photos of bear on the internet. Show me one that looks like the Jacobs photos. The burden of proof is now on you!

If it was an ordinary bear? We would have never heard of the “Jacobs photos”.

39 minutes ago, Incorrigible1 said:

I've made no claims to being an outdoors guy.

And not my photos........

Methinks you've confused old guys.

Wasnt referring to you.... so mine is not the confusion......

30 minutes ago, norseman said:

Mostly mules….

Experience with target species does count for something.

You are saying it’s an ordinary bear. There millions of photos of bear on the internet. Show me one that looks like the Jacobs photos. The burden of proof is now on you!

If it was an ordinary bear? We would have never heard of the “Jacobs photos”.

No..... maker of wacky claims needs wacky proof. Thats how critical thinking works. Nothing wacky about a bear at a bear station doing bear stuff. Normal, I never used, you did.

Prove it isnt.... 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, zendog said:

So you meant to quote my posting, and then refer entirely to another person's comments.

evil.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, zendog said:

No..... maker of wacky claims needs wacky proof. Thats how critical thinking works. Nothing wacky about a bear at a bear station doing bear stuff. Normal, I never used, you did.

Prove it isnt.... 

Wacky claims? It’s a known species. With actually DNA evidence in that neck of the woods. It’s far from wacky.

https://fb.watch/rnYaYt1XCo/?

You say that something that doesn’t look like a Bear IS a Bear. I say it’s a Chimp. I have provided DNA evidence that Chimp DNA does exist in eastern forests. I have provided comparison photos. And you? What have you provided to bolster your argument? Nothing. Zip. Zero. Nada.

Show me a bear that looks like the Jacobs photos. Surely with the millions of photos on the internet? You can come up with ONE!

Also just because bears are coming into a bait stand doesn’t mean other species would not.

I have Moose, Elk, Deer, Bear, Cougar, Coyotes and Turkey coming into mine.🤷‍♂️

Your argument isn’t logical. “It’s a bear because it’s a bear stand and bears were just seen there”. So what?

IMG_6512.png

On 4/10/2024 at 2:34 PM, zendog said:

Show me a picture of a juvey sasquatch, oh you can't?

IMG_7210.webp.dcb3e276189f9dc72fce40339bcd12ca.webpMaybe you just didn’t say “BEAR” enough?!

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Incorrigible1 said:

So you meant to quote my posting, and then refer entirely to another person's comments.

evil.jpg

I was referring to Norseman, maybe be more corrigible....

22 minutes ago, norseman said:

Wacky claims? It’s a known species. With actually DNA evidence in that neck of the woods. It’s far from wacky.

https://fb.watch/rnYaYt1XCo/?

You say that something that doesn’t look like a Bear IS a Bear. I say it’s a Chimp. I have provided DNA evidence that Chimp DNA does exist in eastern forests. I have provided comparison photos. And you? What have you provided to bolster your argument? Nothing. Zip. Zero. Nada.

Show me a bear that looks like the Jacobs photos. Surely with the millions of photos on the internet? You can come up with ONE!

Also just because bears are coming into a bait stand doesn’t mean other species would not.

I have Moose, Elk, Deer, Bear, Cougar, Coyotes and Turkey coming into mine.🤷‍♂️

Your argument isn’t logical. “It’s a bear because it’s a bear stand and bears were just seen there”. So what?

IMG_6512.png

BF is not a known species or there wouldn't be the mystique. And again, lovely photos to credibilty boost, proof its not a bear NONE

13 minutes ago, zendog said:

I was referring to Norseman, maybe be more corrigible....

BF is not a known species or there wouldn't be the mystique. And again, lovely photos to credibilty boost, proof its not a bear NONE

I AM NOT CLAIMING ITS A BIGFOOT!!! Reading comprehension? Is a thing. When you get better at it? Maybe we can continue this debate.👋🏻

14 minutes ago, zendog said:

lovely photos to credibilty boost, proof its not a bear NONE

This thread was started with the premise to find a bear photo in the same contorted position as the Jacob creature. Years later now we all have failed and you’re correct we don’t have a juvenile Sasquatch to compare it to. As Dr Meldrum has stated here, “we have no data on those developmental trajectories”.

Next time somebody shoots a bear, get a couple people and try to pose it in that position before it stiffens up.

If it can be done without using undue force then okay, it’s a bear.  If not, then what?