The Jacobs Photos

Grubfingers

14 minutes ago, norseman said:

That’s the two photos Chim Chim was talking about.

Along with the bear cubs 28 minutes earlier, and a whole bunch of other pics from the camera as you scroll down. Those are the only two pics of the supposed sasquatch.

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

Along with the bear cubs 28 minutes earlier, and a whole bunch of other pics from the camera as you scroll down. Those are the only two pics of the supposed sasquatch.

Right, but Patterson Gimlin claims there are more pictures of the creature that would prove it’s a Bear. My question is…… I am OK with being wrong, but where are these supposed extra pictures? I have only ever seen 2. That’s it.

I haven't seen any either. My source was a Meldrum interview.  I don't always agree with him. I certainly do this time.

I have seen enough to conclude it's a mangy bear. 

• Upvote 1

Horses' vs Zebras. 

Most of us have heard this story. If you are in Montana and hear horse outside it's probably a horse.  I could be a zebra but it's probably a horse. If you were in certain parts of Africa and heard the hoofs outside it's probably a zebra. I could be a horse but it's more likely a zebra.  The Q of this video is this:  What are really the odds of something on this video very likely a 'horse' being a 'zebra'?  I say the expectation is the video -whatever it might be- has a high likelihood of being something natural other than Bigfoot.    It's just unlikely -even if Bigfoot was real- of being a bigfoot.  This is especially true with it being a contorting bigfoot.  Here is why the confusing video likely isn't bigfoot even if Bigfoot was a real creature:   

If Bigfoot exists it's an extremely rare, near extinct 'animal' to begin with.  (did I mention near extinct) Thus, the odds of capturing one on ANY trail camera is remote.   Not zero but just real remote.  It's not like the camera was parked there in an area of recent assumed Bigfoot activity and an area of long-term traditional bigfoot history.  Curious to see if at this sight there any footprints, hair or other signs were.  If making tracks was possible, I am sure there would be bear tracks and other common things that are known in nature.

I think of a Bigfoot TV show where a trail camera caught a bigfoot during the day on the edge of a clearing.  Closer examination showed it was a flying bird whose perspective and shape looked like an ape like figure at the distant woods.  Instead, it was a bird in flight close to the camera making it look that way.   <---  This type of answer is likely what is going on in this Jacobs photo thing. That is, some normal Non Bigfoot reason. 

Edited by Backdoc
  • Upvote 1

Likelihood needs to be taken into consideration, but it still doesn't give you the answer.  If these pictures were taken in central Africa everybody would pronounce it a chimp without giving it a second thought and nobody would say it's a bear. 

But that wouldn't make it one any more than saying because there were cubs around beforehand it's a bear.  Inconclusive photos with some interesting features, beyond that nobody can say anything for certain.  

The camera shoots a pic of a pair of bear cubs, then 28 minutes later comes the mystery pics. Even if the pic looked like a genuine sasquatch staring at the camera waving, it would prove nothing, just like the legion of supposed squatch pics taken by game cams everywhere........the Eastman pic comes to mind. But this pic requires exercise to make it into a squatch. Yeah, it requires exercise to make into a sow bear, too, but that is the default setting, especially with cubs confirmed to be on location minutes before.

Again, for those who just know that this is a squatch, great. Take it to the bank and see if you can deposit it and get some interest. If you just know that it's a chimp, great. Go shopping for an interest bearing account you can deposit it into. Me? The pic is as useless as a pic with nothing in it. It doesn't move the ball. It doesn't even make me imagine anything.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Backdoc said:

Horses' vs Zebras. 

Most of us have heard this story. If you are in Montana and hear horse outside it's probably a horse.  I could be a zebra but it's probably a horse. If you were in certain parts of Africa and heard the hoofs outside it's probably a zebra. I could be a horse but it's more likely a zebra.  The Q of this video is this:  What are really the odds of something on this video very likely a 'horse' being a 'zebra'?  I say the expectation is the video -whatever it might be- has a high likelihood of being something natural other than Bigfoot.    It's just unlikely -even if Bigfoot was real- of being a bigfoot.  This is especially true with it being a contorting bigfoot.  Here is why the confusing video likely isn't bigfoot even if Bigfoot was a real creature:   

If Bigfoot exists it's an extremely rare, near extinct 'animal' to begin with.  (did I mention near extinct) Thus, the odds of capturing one on ANY trail camera is remote.   Not zero but just real remote.  It's not like the camera was parked there in an area of recent assumed Bigfoot activity and an area of long-term traditional bigfoot history.  Curious to see if at this sight there any footprints, hair or other signs were.  If making tracks was possible, I am sure there would be bear tracks and other common things that are known in nature.

I think of a Bigfoot TV show where a trail camera caught a bigfoot during the day on the edge of a clearing.  Closer examination showed it was a flying bird whose perspective and shape looked like an ape like figure at the distant woods.  Instead, it was a bird in flight close to the camera making it look that way.   <---  This type of answer is likely what is going on in this Jacobs photo thing. That is, some normal Non Bigfoot reason. 

I want BF to be real but I like this here explanation to be the best.  Married up with Huntsters point of known bears being onsite, less than 30 mins prior…..when in doubt, it’s best.    If we are to “jump to conclusions”. Then they must be the most logical jumps.   

We have pictures that look like a Chimp, not a Bear. We have DNA in Appalachia that was proven to be a Chimp….. in the forest.

If I was from Pennsylvania and was hunting and a Chimp stuck its head out of the bushes? My mind would jump to Bigfoot.

• Upvote 1

• gigantor featured and unfeatured this topic
3 hours ago, norseman said:

We have pictures that look like a Chimp, not a Bear. We have DNA in Appalachia that was proven to be a Chimp….. in the forest.........

Yeah, and there was a Siberian tiger roaming suburbia in Malibu some time back. Crazy, but it happened. Unlike sasquatch reports, once the dogcatcher saw the footprints, he called in the police, and in a few days, they shot it dead.

.......If I was from Pennsylvania and was hunting and a Chimp stuck its head out of the bushes? My mind would jump to Bigfoot.

Yeah, but it wouldn't be a sasquatch. It would be a chimp. And if you called the authorities and told them that a sasquatch stuck its head out looking at you, they'd be joking about it for years. Tell them that a chimp poked his head out, and they'd be on it like the 101st Airborne Division.

That's how it works.

Edited by Huntster
  • Like 1

I was living outside of Lexington KY about 10 years ago when some loon in central OH released I believe over 50 exotics including a bunch of big cats.  I was glad the OH river was there between us, they closed down a bunch of areas while they hunted down and killed them.  I think it took 2-3 days to get them all, and they were relatively tame.  Imagine if somebody released some wilder ones.

I don’t know where the chimp DNA was found exactly but I used to go hunting/hiking in the Daniel Boone NF in eastern KY, it’s some fairly remote and rugged stuff.  Kind of Deliverance country too, I can’t remember if it was the KDFW or USFS who put it out but there had been some ‘issues’ with locals who figured they owned the place and running people out.  Not sure how widespread it was but apparently enough to put out a notice with the advice to just leave if it happened to you.

• Upvote 1

In the 16 years since we got these pictures, we've heard many ideas and thoughts and have seen lotsa' drawings, clay models and other pictures. Whatever the pictures are of, they are not "cherrypicked" as recently said on tv. We still have the original card they were taken on and the order they were taken in that night,nothing added or changed. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/19/2023 at 11:54 AM, Chim Chim said:

I was living outside of Lexington KY about 10 years ago when some loon in central OH released I believe over 50 exotics including a bunch of big cats.  I was glad the OH river was there between us, they closed down a bunch of areas while they hunted down and killed them.  I think it took 2-3 days to get them all, and they were relatively tame.  Imagine if somebody released some wilder ones.

I don’t know where the chimp DNA was found exactly but I used to go hunting/hiking in the Daniel Boone NF in eastern KY, it’s some fairly remote and rugged stuff.  Kind of Deliverance country too, I can’t remember if it was the KDFW or USFS who put it out but there had been some ‘issues’ with locals who figured they owned the place and running people out.  Not sure how widespread it was but apparently enough to put out a notice with the advice to just leave if it happened to you.

closest town was Harlan.

Are we asking the right Q?

We see these bear feeding at a feeding spot and this is caught on camera.  (see this thread)  Then, we see something odd-shaped about the same time but it doesn't look like an obvious animal.   Some say- with enough contortions- it makes it a Bigfoot.   

My Q is this:   Shouldn't we see Bigfoot all the time at feeding stations, Bird feeders, Garbage cans, and so on?

We spend all this time asking if the fuzzy blob on the camera is Bigfoot instead of asking the right Q.    Assume this is bigfoot in the pic (and I don't at all believe it is). That tells us Bigfoot is willing to eat at a feeding station.  We then should expect- based on this new established behavior -bigfoot is willing to eat at feeding stations.   That should have occur all the time.   There are a lot of feeding stations out there in the world.  Lots.   At some point, we should see Bigfoot at them.   

I can catch a bear at Yellowstone, in a stream eating salmon, or even in a garbage can.   Yes, there are more bears than 'Bigfoot'    But at some point, there should be occasional regular bigfoot sightings.

Here is a pic of a bear eating garbage.  Shouldn't we expect there should be pics out there of Bigfoot doing the same thing?

AFR: Sifting through the trash for stockpicking treasure • Atlas Funds ...