The Jacobs Photos

Grubfingers

5 hours ago, Grubfingers said:

.........This goes way beyond the BFRO..........

Your supposed sources are 100% BFRO, and there are no other reliable, credible sources of data for that area. 

.........Just because you can’t find things and can’t explain something doesn’t mean it’s not the truth. I haven’t made anything up.

I've repeatedly reviewed your references and failed to find the things you've described because they weren't there. There was not an eyewitness at the Jacobs photo site. Period. You have no published name of that person, no third person reporting such, and no published description of that sighting by the eyewitness. You've even gone as far as to write that a mile away should be good enough, and without citing the source or description of the sighting a mile away. You've been caught using extremely poor descriptions of the situation. I think you've clearly made things up in your mind, or are being purposely deceptive in your writing in order to bolster your poor claims.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, norseman said:

And shorter limbs…

Obviously, the length of bears legs vary among individual bears just like they do among various people. Also, spring bears appear to have longer legs because they're skinnier due to having burned up their fat in the den through the winter. When entering their den in the late fall, their legs look shorter because their torsos are rotund after a summer/fall of gorging for their long winter snooze. Despite years of viewing bears, I get caught with this repeatedly. The only black bear I've mounted and displayed was like that. When we first spotted him from the boat, he looked very long legged and skinny.......the sign of a young bear. But he had a long neck, which confirmed him as a boar and should have reminded me that he was mature, but having just sat down to fresh, cold beers after dinner and dealt the first hand of a cribbage game, I was reluctant to put my boots on and try to row ashore for a stalk.......but I did. It was an excellent, memorable stalk, and he turned out to be a 15 year old boar that squared well over 6'. 

Bears rub for several reasons, not only due to parasites and hide disorders. They will often rub and roll at bait sites like this to get the aroma of the bait on them. I guess they like to savor it long after they leave. As a bear baiter, it's a common practice to pour used cooking oil on the ground in front of bait barrels for the bears to step in. Then they walk away and leave scent for miles so other bears will follow it back to your bait site. After a few years of regular use like that, the site will become a regular bear visitation spot for generations of multiple bear families.

31 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Your supposed sources are 100% BFRO, and there are no other reliable, credible sources of data for that area. 

I've repeatedly reviewed your references and failed to find the things you've described because they weren't there. There was not an eyewitness at the Jacobs photo site. Period. You have no published name of that person, no third person reporting such, and no published description of that sighting by the eyewitness. You've even gone as far as to write that a mile away should be good enough, and without citing the source or description of the sighting a mile away. You've been caught using extremely poor descriptions of the situation. I think you've clearly made things up in your mind, or are being purposely deceptive in your writing in order to bolster your poor claims.

That is totally not true! I gave you the ISSN number it is 14 years old and probably no longer in circulation. The author was Vanessa Woods and I’m pretty sure that was gone over earlier in this thread.

I said the reservoir was less than a mile wide it’s probably more like a few hundred yards. The sightings were all in that area on the map when visiting people to the site said it was near the shore between Morrison and Rimrock.

Better get working on your investigation skills bud.

12 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Bears rub for several reasons, not only due to parasites and hide disorders. They will often rub and roll at bait sites like this to get the aroma of the bait on them. I guess they like to savor it long after they leave. As a bear baiter, it's a common practice to pour used cooking oil on the ground in front of bait barrels for the bears to step in. Then they walk away and leave scent for miles so other bears will follow it back to your bait site. After a few years of regular use like that, the site will become a regular bear visitation spot for generations of multiple bear families.

It wasn’t bear bait that’s been gone over multiple times now. Here’s the story because you have distorted the truth too many times now.

http://vimeo.com/6367515

18 minutes ago, Grubfingers said:

It wasn’t bear bait that’s been gone over multiple times now. Here’s the story because you have distorted the truth too many times now.

http://vimeo.com/6367515

Not my words, not your words. This was obtained through my poor investigative skills in mere moments. No need to sit on your duff and listen to an hour video narrative with a single pic of a woman in Egypt to put you to sleep. Spend a few moments, though, and read this very slowly and carefully, please:

https://en.m.wikinews.org/wiki/Hunter_says_he_caught_'Bigfoot'_on_camera

.........Rick Jacobs says that he snapped the pictures in September of 2007 when he set up an automatic camera in a tree in the Allegheny National Forest in northwest Pennsylvania for hunting deer. Bait was used to attract animals which consisted of a "aromatic deer attractant" and various mineral in the form of a block that the deer would lick. Jacobs says that he will not reveal the exact location of where the image was taken because he believes hunters and tourists will flood the area in an attempt to get a glimpse of it.

The Bigfoot Field Research Organization says that the photo is of a Bigfoot, but they state that this one appears to be very young. On their website they list the discovery as an "Unclassified primate?"

In all, three images were captured. The first image is of bear cubs, and in the second and third images are what appears to be a "juvenile sasquatch." Some say that it is likely a bear. There are several minutes, at least 30-35, from the time the bears left to when the unidentified animal arrived. The animal appears to have two arms and two legs, but appears to walk hunched over, with its knuckles dragging on the ground..........

Sources:

- Associated Press. "Pa. Hunter Stirs Bigfoot Debate" — TIME, October 28, 2007

- "Hunter Rick Jacobs claims Bigfoot photo" — Online Gambling Paper, October 28, 2007

External links

- Jacobs Photos - Pennsylvania, 9/16/2007 - Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization's gallery of the Rick Jacobs photos

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

Obviously, the length of bears legs vary among individual bears just like they do among various people. Also, spring bears appear to have longer legs because they're skinnier due to having burned up their fat in the den through the winter. When entering their den in the late fall, their legs look shorter because their torsos are rotund after a summer/fall of gorging for their long winter snooze. Despite years of viewing bears, I get caught with this repeatedly. The only black bear I've mounted and displayed was like that. When we first spotted him from the boat, he looked very long legged and skinny.......the sign of a young bear. But he had a long neck, which confirmed him as a boar and should have reminded me that he was mature, but having just sat down to fresh, cold beers after dinner and dealt the first hand of a cribbage game, I was reluctant to put my boots on and try to row ashore for a stalk.......but I did. It was an excellent, memorable stalk, and he turned out to be a 15 year old boar that squared well over 6'. 

Like a dog. Yes. My buddies dog likes to roll in my corral in cow manure and then run and jump in the pickup. LOL. 

Do you have any pictures of your Bear? I always wanted to do a Bear hunt from boats. And I thought I was when we went up to Otter cove on POW. The owner wouldn't let us take the boats outside of the bay. So we were stuck boating from the floating lodge to the thorne bay marina, getting in a rental surburban and driving around. I shot a sow. Not good. But she was bigger than most of our boars down here and I glassed the bear for a while before I made the stalk to check for cubs.

Back to the photo. Ive seen skinny bears and for me? Thats beyond the range of a skinny bear. I mean that Chimp comparison photo is a dead ringer to me.

The original story was on the Bradford Era investigative journalist Marcie Schleckhammer Penn State University grad investigated on site.

The bait was:

image.thumb.jpeg.d2bc1a0594a82fa4bbbab3b7a48ab266.jpegThe area of multiple Sasquatch sightings from eye witnesses and the Jacobs photo is all around this exact same red spot on the map.

image.thumb.jpeg.b4f0b9f0eddf49ea0f7d108ebb9c590e.jpeg

image.jpeg

1B5326AB-83ED-48D4-AE12-518694F03E21.jpeg

Just now, Grubfingers said:

The original story was on the Bradford Era investigative journalist Marcie Schleckhammer Penn State University grad investigated on site.

The bait was:

image.thumb.jpeg.d2bc1a0594a82fa4bbbab3b7a48ab266.jpegThe area of multiple Sasquatch sightings from eye witnesses and the Jacobs photo is all around this exact same red spot on the map.

image.thumb.jpeg.b4f0b9f0eddf49ea0f7d108ebb9c590e.jpeg

image.jpeg

So the other reports were of something bipedal? Not chimps? Or?

1 minute ago, norseman said:

1B5326AB-83ED-48D4-AE12-518694F03E21.jpeg

So the other reports were of something bipedal? Not chimps? Or?

A large ape like creature.

9 minutes ago, Grubfingers said:

A large ape like creature.

Honest question.

(Us two agree that its not a Bear)

The creature in the photo is a quadruped. I think that Chimp comparison photos you shared is a dead ringer. When I look at the Jacob photo I don't think of Patty. But I fully understand that a Bigfoot doesn't pop out 800 lbs. Our children crawl before they walk. 

Do you think this is a Chimp or a young Bigfoot?

1 hour ago, Grubfingers said:

The area of multiple Sasquatch sightings from eye witnesses and the Jacobs photo is all around this

The area also had multiple bear sightings from eye witnesses.  Your line above doesn't do anything for me to convince me it is a sasquatch.  Your red measurements and superimposed chimp.is the clincher. It's a chimp. You have pretty much proven it with those graphics.

If it walks like a chimp; quadruped, as demonstrated in the pics, looks like a chimp; the superimposed graphic, and measures out to be the same as a chimp; proven by your graphics, then I don't see the if it walks like a duck and quakes like a duck, it must be a sasquatch argument. Your graphics don't bear it out to be a sasquatch. But, they do for a chimp.

18 minutes ago, Doug said:

The area also had multiple bear sightings from eye witnesses.  Your line above doesn't do anything for me to convince me it is a sasquatch.  Your red measurements and superimposed chimp.is the clincher. It's a chimp. You have pretty much proven it with those graphics.

I don’t think it looks like a Bigfoot. But I’ve never seen a Bigfoot either. If I saw a baby Sasquatch crawling around on the ground? Would I even recognize what I was looking at? Probably not. If I was able to see the feet that would be a clincher.

I think it looks like a Chimp. With the caveat I don’t know what a young Bigfoot should look like. Or what it’s behaviors are.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, norseman said:

.......Do you have any pictures of your Bear? I always wanted to do a Bear hunt from boats. And I thought I was when we went up to Otter cove on POW. The owner wouldn't let us take the boats outside of the bay. So we were stuck boating from the floating lodge to the thorne bay marina, getting in a rental surburban and driving around. I shot a sow. Not good. But she was bigger than most of our boars down here and I glassed the bear for a while before I made the stalk to check for cubs........

I punched out a full reply, attached the pics, and as I was about to hit "submit", my battery died! 😡

Is that bear pic the POW sow? It looks like a mature bear. I hope people don't walk on her!

Mine was taken on Knight Island in Prince William Sound. PWS bears tend to be smaller than Southeast bears, but also tend to have longer, more luxuriant furs. I spotted him from the boat after dinner, right after we sat down, popped a coupke beers, and dealt the first cribbage hand. He looked skinny and long legged, like a young bear, but he had a long neck. That confirmed him as a boar, and should have clued me that he was older and bigger than I first thought. I really didn't want to pull my boots on and row ashore for him, but I did because I didn't want my partner to think I wussed out. It was a great stalk! I ended up taking him at @ 25-30 yards. His hide squared out at 6'8" green, and on the wall he's 6'2". I butchered his tail, so probably lost another inch there. Hus skull squares at 19". ADFG aged him by his tooth at 15 years old. 

The boat-based hunt was perfect! I also caught a 30# halibut, we caught buckets of shrimp that we ate fresh on the boat, and I put two stalks on smaller bears right up to handshake range. We were on the water for nearly a week.

I also hunted PIW one year. We were early; the last week of March, so few bears, but the ones we saw were all big boars. One I'm sure approached 8' in size.......between Thorne Bay and Coffman Cove on a logging road. We rented a cabin in Coffman Cove and drove a rented pickup around, hiking up closed logging roads. A boat would have been perfect there!

E99A3444-B293-4C04-B776-3E921AFC029D.jpeg

374C4D1B-B3C4-4568-94B0-219A989A3661.jpeg

704743F6-105A-465F-8102-0516F70EB808.jpeg

F7E9204F-49F8-42A1-8ABE-3C0939BC1232.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Huntster said:

I punched out a full reply, attached the pics, and as I was about to hit "submit", my battery died! 😡

Is that bear pic the POW sow? It looks like a mature bear. I hope people don't walk on her!

Mine was taken on Knight Island in Prince William Sound. PWS bears tend to be smaller than Southeast bears, but also tend to have longer, more luxuriant furs. I spotted him from the boat after dinner, right after we sat down, popped a coupke beers, and dealt the first cribbage hand. He looked skinny and long legged, like a young bear, but he had a long neck. That confirmed him as a boar, and should have clued me that he was older and bigger than I first thought. I really didn't want to pull my boots on and row ashore for him, but I did because I didn't want my partner to think I wussed out. It was a great stalk! I ended up taking him at @ 25-30 yards. His hide squared out at 6'8" green, and on the wall he's 6'2". I butchered his tail, so probably lost another inch there. Hus skull squares at 19". ADFG aged him by his tooth at 15 years old. 

The boat-based hunt was perfect! I also caught a 30# halibut, we caught buckets of shrimp that we ate fresh on the boat, and I put two stalks on smaller bears right up to handshake range. We were on the water for nearly a week.

I also hunted PIW one year. We were early; the last week of March, so few bears, but the ones we saw were all big boars. One I'm sure approached 8' in size.......between Thorne Bay and Coffman Cove on a logging road. We rented a cabin in Coffman Cove and drove a rented pickup around, hiking up closed logging roads. A boat would have been perfect there!

E99A3444-B293-4C04-B776-3E921AFC029D.jpeg

374C4D1B-B3C4-4568-94B0-219A989A3661.jpeg

704743F6-105A-465F-8102-0516F70EB808.jpeg

F7E9204F-49F8-42A1-8ABE-3C0939BC1232.jpeg

Awesome trip! Hunting and eating seafood is a GREAT combination.

She is a mature bear. Nose to tail as a rug she is 6 foot. Front leg width is 5 foot 10 inches. The grand baby sleeps on her. She was on the wall at the ranch. But got flopped on the floor here. Need to put her back up again.