The Jacobs Photos

Grubfingers

2 hours ago, norseman said:

I’ve never once introduced Bigfoot into the discussion as a hypothesis. Try again. 

Again I will ask you? Why is it a Bear?

I would say your armchair all the way if you have never bear hugged one to get it on a mule. Or had the hide off one. 

It’s not a Bear for numerous reason blatantly obvious in the photo. But keep screaming Bear I’m sure I will change my mind!🙄

It's a bear because it is, at bear baiting station in a location shared by other bears, must ne unbearable to be wrong, just grin and bear it. 
Why is it a chimp? Most unlikely thing for it to be, it's a leap of wishing thinking, or its just a bear at a feeding station like every other bear. It's common sense.

And the manly man vs armchair thing typing into a web forum, please....

1 minute ago, Larryzfoot said:

It's a bear because it is, at bear baiting station in a location shared by other bears, must ne unbearable to be wrong, just grin and bear it. 
Why is it a chimp? Most unlikely thing for it to be, it's a leap of wishing thinking, or its just a bear at a feeding station like every other bear. It's common sense.

And the manly man vs armchair thing typing into a web forum, please....

So if it was a green alien standing there with 10 tentacles in the photo?

You would say Bear because its standing at a Bear baiting station?

Makes logical sense…..

It looks nothing like a Bear. Hence the reason I said it looks nothing like a Bear. Based on its appearance. Not because its suppose to be a bear cuz they are baiting bear.

You said manly man. Im just saying how much interaction do you have with the species in the debate. Your answer?

You have none. Zip, zilch, nada.

If you were a bear hunter or a bear biologist or something along those lines? That would be something.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, norseman said:

So if it was a green alien standing there with 10 tentacles in the photo?.........

I'd shoot that, for sure. But I've never had one of those visit my bear bait. Chimps, neither.......but I wouldn't shoot a chimp.

• Haha 1

On 7/14/2022 at 7:38 AM, norseman said:

.......Huntster lives in Alaska and has hunted both species of Bear. He says it’s not a Bear........

A2BEFEBF-B0C5-4F1E-A8BF-47FD57AF71B3.jpeg

I didn't say that. I think I wrote that it's probably a bear, but it would be a really weird one.

(I like weasel words as much as lawyers {yuck!} and scientists {yuck!}).

Nice mule. You have the best stuff ever, Norse. 

14 minutes ago, Huntster said:

I didn't say that. I think I wrote that it's probably a bear, but it would be a really weird one.

(I like weasel words as much as lawyers {yuck!} and scientists {yuck!}).

Nice mule. You have the best stuff ever, Norse. 

Thanks! Sorry I misspoke. Yah, its not like any Bear Ive ever seen or killed before either.

I sold Joker and Blackjack last year. But thanks! Very sad day. Now Im just a yuppie on a Ebike!

23 minutes ago, norseman said:

.......I sold Joker and Blackjack last year. But thanks! Very sad day. Now Im just a yuppie on a Ebike!

Egads!!! Man, you're going downhill..........but I certainly understand. All my toys have internal combustion engines, and I only have to feed them when I use them. My livestock come and go........and when they go, they go into my freezer! 

A mule or two would be more work than I could ever keep up with, and I always knew it, but they'd sure open up some territory. But even then, if Mrs. Huntster would have let me have an airplane (which I would have preferred over anything else), I sure could have had a lot of fun before I kilt myself in it.........

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Larryzfoot said:

But you are wrong it’s not a bear feeding station. It’s a baited camera trap to prepare for winter deer season. The bear were stealing fruity deer bait half hour before the creature shows up. The bear never came back after the creature there was also a 30 second delay set on the game camera I have links if required.

At one time it was thought that there were no primates in the woods of Western Oregon and yet my friend, Todd and my neighbor, Ted, were bitten by a Japanese pig tailed macaque in the woods outside of Falls City Oregon. If there was a primate here in the Oregon wilderness and there was chimp DNA found in Kentucky, it is not hard for me to think it is a chimp. It is possible it could also be a bear (even though I doubt it is) of which I have hunted and taxidermied for most of my adult life and hunted them with my dad all of my childhood from the age of five on, as my dad and his friends were hound hunters harvesting many in a year. I do not think it is a sasquatch.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Doug said:

........ my friend, Todd and my neighbor, Ted, were bitten by a Japanese pig tailed macaque in the woods outside of Falls City Oregon.........

Ever hear how that got out there?

The possibilities so far seem to be, in order of probability:

1 - juvie squatch

2 - chimp (which is certainly a possibility, as norsman proved with those links to exotics caught on trail cams)

3 - a flexible mange bear with beautiful black fur

For those that say it's improbable that it's a chimp in that area and it's a bear, how probable is it a squatch making a mistake and caught on camera?  We have two possibilities that are both infrequent, yet have precedent.

I'm also curious as to any weighting being given to the improbability of it being a bear. Example:

"it's a bear!"

but it doesn't look like a bear

"it's a bear with mange!"

but it doesn't look like a bear, and mange has been ruled out

"it's a bear, because what would a chimp be doing in PA?"

norseman had links to just a few examples of animals being where they weren't supposed to be

"it's a bear, because other bears were caught on camera!"

those were cubs, and look nothing like the subject

"it's a bear, dammit!!!"

OK, but why does that have a higher probability than an exotic or a juvie squatch?

It's the same line of thinking where you ask if moose tracks prove a moose is in the area.. "Yes!"  Do deer tracks prove deer are in the area? "Yes!"  Do bear tracks prove if bear are in the area?  "Yes!"  Do squatch tracks prove squatch are in the area? "NO!!!!!!!!!!"

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

Since there are more than just one. In one of the photo's. 

It’s important to understand the timeline the bear were gone for half an hour before the creature in question showed up. It was by itself and it was only there for 30 seconds then it was gone. There was nothing there after the creature until the hunter picked up the camera the next morning.

So many have said bear are with the creature but the black thing in the photo is a plastic feeding dish used for the deer bait if you look closer.

15 hours ago, Huntster said:

Ever hear how that got out there?

When we walked Todd to the clinic in town to get stitches, the doctor was very certain that it was a dog bite and scolded us for tall tales. Later she called Todd's mom to apologize for not believing us. Turns out a young adult and my neighbor , who was an elderly gentleman, got bit too and they corroborated our story of what we thought was a baboon. The authorities were called and in the end, Todd's mom was renting one of her houses to a man who was secretly keeping 3 Japanese pig tailed macaques and one got loose. It kept running to humans for safety because it was scared and humans not wanting a "baboon" jumping on them would fight it off causing it to defend its self.

• Thanks 1

There must be an illegal monkey smuggling and/or breeding industry. I hope the authorities trace it down.

This is an example of what we might expect when sasquatches are "discovered". 

Todd was bitten in the early seventies. Not far from where I live now there was a primate rehabilitation facility that had operated for a number of years until recently closing down. It was located out in the woods. There may be quite a few of such places through out the states.

• gigantor locked and featured this topic
  • gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured and unfeatured this topic