The Jacobs Photos

Grubfingers

1 hour ago, Dave said:

If we've ruled out a bear, then the fact bears were in the area is irrelevant.  If squatches are known to be in the area, then the possibility it could be one moves up a level.

To my way of thinking, the value of this photo is we've eliminated the probability (from what I've read so far in the thread) that it's a bear.  Therefore, we need to eliminate the next plausible match, of which, a squatch is one, along with a primate, like a chimp, as you've suggested.  If we isolate the chimp, it seems we'd want to figure out how it got there.  This leads me to a question overall that might be known to the forum: how often do we catch animals in places they're not supposed to be on trail cameras, like when some idiot exotic animal owner lets them free or they escape?  Do we get pictures of tigers roaming the woods in Michigan?  Or Kangaroos in Washington?  These are over the top examples to ask the question of do we actually get pictures of chimps in the woods, say in Ohio?  Or do we say we know this happens, but we don't have any (or much) evidence?  

https://www.wbtv.com/2019/10/23/exotic-african-cat-seen-trail-cameras-across-north-carolina-where-is-it-headed/

https://www.augustachronicle.com/story/news/local/the-news-and-farmer/2021/11/05/ga-hunting-dnr-european-red-stag-deer/6199856001/

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/outdoors/2019/01/have-you-see-this-exotic-deer-dec-wants-this-invader-shot.html

https://www.vox.com/down-to-earth/22711528/american-jaguar-species-restoration-arizona-new-mexico-canra

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/3-monkeys-escaped-captured-pennsylvania-crash-euthanized-rcna13416

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atlanta/sounded-like-scene-jumanji-monkeys-escape-home-south-georgia/F4EVFI2AH5GENPJ4ULAQETQ3ZE/

3 hours ago, Grubfingers said:

That is such BS right there AIBR never did that not sure who told you that I’ve read all the actual news on this. 

On AIBR, my username was silverback. The AIBR website has been down for a long time. They switched to a Facebook format and I never followed. I ended up on BFF. AIBR Facebook does not have much activity.

1 hour ago, Dave said:

This leads me to a question overall that might be known to the forum: how often do we catch animals in places they're not supposed to be on trail cameras, like when some idiot exotic animal owner lets them free or they escape?  Do we get pictures of tigers roaming the woods in Michigan?  Or Kangaroos in Washington? 

How about up close and personal with exotic reptiles in Washington State? Years ago, an amphibious reptile related to alligators became an unwanted pet and ended up in Greenlake which is a small urban lake in Seattle. Caimen are smaller than alligators but still scared swimmers and people on air mattresses. Exotics are problems. We have a flock of green parrots in the Ballard neighborhood. They escaped from a pet store. Cats mess with them 1 time.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

How about up close and personal with exotic reptiles

This, just in:

https://komonews.com/news/videos/alligator-discovered-in-wisconsin-lake-sparks-search-for-owner-gator-discovered-in-wisconsin-rare-sighting-of-alligator-escape-jr-rescue-aquatic-animal

Reptiles and chimps. Chimpanzees make a nice pet until they rip your face off.

AIBR didn’t know about it until the story hit the news after BFRO already investigated.
The hunter never talked to them or any Bigfoot organizations after that to this day.

7 hours ago, Dave said:

If we've ruled out a bear, then the fact bears were in the area is irrelevant.  If squatches are known to be in the area, then the possibility it could be one moves up a level.

To my way of thinking, the value of this photo is we've eliminated the probability (from what I've read so far in the thread) that it's a bear.  Therefore, we need to eliminate the next plausible match, of which, a squatch is one, along with a primate, like a chimp, as you've suggested.  If we isolate the chimp, it seems we'd want to figure out how it got there.  This leads me to a question overall that might be known to the forum: how often do we catch animals in places they're not supposed to be on trail cameras, like when some idiot exotic animal owner lets them free or they escape?  Do we get pictures of tigers roaming the woods in Michigan?  Or Kangaroos in Washington?  These are over the top examples to ask the question of do we actually get pictures of chimps in the woods, say in Ohio?  Or do we say we know this happens, but we don't have any (or much) evidence?  

We HAVEN'T ruled out a bear because that is what is is. Placing a chimp at the scene is just silly.....

5 hours ago, norseman said:

Still a bear.

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

My problem with it not being a Bear is the length from the skull to shoulders looks awfully long to be something with a short neck and flat face. Even if you accommodate for some perspective and angle, you're still left with a fairly long neck if the head is that far onto the ground and the shoulders that high. The way it's positioned in the photo lends me to believe it has quite a longer neck, so Bear. 

Edited by Marty

Sure bear rub their heads on the ground but with the face tucked against the chest it’s a quick bend I don’t see possible on a long torso bear. That’s why everyone asks for a bear photo like that over and over we get zero results. It’s not possible to be a bear. 

I mean, I'm sure it's happened and there are photos just not any we've come across. You say lack of photos as a point of confirmation, yet we still don't have any compelling pictures of Sasquatches and we believe in them anyway. Just a weird double standard imho. 

I remember seeing one of these Bigfoot shows on TV.  On the show they thought they might have captured Bigfoot on a trial cam.  The camera was trained on that area and it looked somewhat like a dark hairy figure at the edge of the clearing by the woods.   Bigfoot was at the tree line 

It was later revealed to be a dark or black bird flying very close to the camera.   When the wings of the flying bird where very close to the camera the blob created just so happen to land on the image in such a way where the blob looked like something farther away on the edge of the woods.   

I am not saying this pic in Q is the same thing. I imagine whatever the truth is, it will end up being something with a reasonable explanation. 

2 hours ago, Backdoc said:

I am not saying this pic in Q is the same thing. I imagine whatever the truth is, it will end up being something with a reasonable explanation. 

Reasonable like a bear, because, it is one.

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Larryzfoot said:

Reasonable like a bear, because, it is one.

A bear with proportions of a chimpanzee? Did you know it has 560mm long arms and 476mm long torso? 

Update: From the Pennsylvania Game Commission July 7, 2022. This is not a forward facing bear as some have claimed. The position of the Pennsylvania Game Commission is they “assume it’s trying to relieve some of the irritation caused by the mange mite”. “Unfortunately we do not have any picture like this”.

image.thumb.jpeg.bde875f92aa0861fff751f7f830d2186.jpeg

18 hours ago, norseman said:

Amazing! Thank you for this norseman :-)

18 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

On AIBR, my username was silverback. The AIBR website has been down for a long time. They switched to a Facebook format and I never followed. I ended up on BFF. AIBR Facebook does not have much activity.

How about up close and personal with exotic reptiles in Washington State? Years ago, an amphibious reptile related to alligators became an unwanted pet and ended up in Greenlake which is a small urban lake in Seattle. Caimen are smaller than alligators but still scared swimmers and people on air mattresses. Exotics are problems. We have a flock of green parrots in the Ballard neighborhood. They escaped from a pet store. Cats mess with them 1 time.

Yikes! These people that have exotics and can't care for them should have their nuts cut off and stapled to their foreheads.

• Haha 1

• gigantor locked and featured this topic
  • gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured and unfeatured this topic