Government involvement

norseman

Government Involvement  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted "no" do to the notion that, if the government actually had a BF in its possession, they would have it frozen at the bottom of a missile silo, and they would plan to defrost it only when the economy gets better.

1 hour ago, Myroom707 said:

I voted "no" do to the notion that, if the government actually had a BF in its possession, they would have it frozen at the bottom of a missile silo, and they would plan to defrost it only when the economy gets better.

But that wasn't the question. 

• Thanks 1

Yes, they know all about them.  Do you not think that they have not encountered them themselves. If we as civilians have encountered these creatures, so have they. 

• Upvote 1

I work for a state environmental agency in the north east.  I've been here a long time.  if there is knowledge of these things...that knowledge is hidden so well nobody knows that they aren't supposed to talk about it if encountered.   It is always possible some game wardens have encountered something and quietly shared only with immediate co-workers...but anybody thinking there is some grand conspiracy with shadowy Brown Furry Beret body-recovery teams and "talk about this and kiss your pension goodbye" threats is indulging in fantasy....not the realities of working in state government with the protections of the civil service laws and the deeply seated protect the environment passions of many of the staff.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, OnlyASize12 said:

........anybody thinking there is some grand conspiracy with shadowy Brown Furry Beret body-recovery teams and "talk about this and kiss your pension goodbye" threats is indulging in fantasy....not the realities of working in state government with the protections of the civil service laws and the deeply seated protect the environment passions of many of the staff.

Are you familiar with this?:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncontacted_peoples

........The Inter-American Commission on Human Rights refers to uncontacted peoples as "indigenous peoples in voluntary isolation." These groups are defined by their general rejection of contact with anyone outside of their own people. This definition also includes groups who have previously had sustained contact with the majority non-indigenous society but have chosen to return to isolation and no longer maintain contact.[7]

A 2009 United Nations report also classified "peoples in initial contact" as sharing the same characteristics, but beginning to regularly communicate with and integrate into mainstream society.[8]

To highlight their agency in staying uncontacted or isolated, international organizations emphasize calling them "indigenous peoples in isolation" or "in voluntary isolation".[1] Otherwise they have also been called "hidden peoples", "uncontacted tribes",[1] or, incorrectly, "lost tribes".[9]..........

Wouldn't the best way to keep a secret would be to simply refuse to acknowledge something, especially if society already has a dismissive attitude towards it?

If the government decision is to leave uncontacted people alone, and society is already dismissive of those people's very existence, wouldn't the best course of action be a dismissive stance?

I voted yes on this poll. Yes - not because I think there is government knowledge of this creature with an associated documented strategy to deny existence. Rather I have read of sightings documented by federal (fish, game, forest) personnel who would have little reason to concoct a story that isn't true. (The Oregon Bigfoot Highway written by Joe Beelart and friends comes to mind as one source of some of these stories.) These stories are one of the reasons I continue to find this area so fascinating...they don't really prove anything, of course, I recognize that. Ultimately I don't know any of these folks personally and am unable to vouch for their credibility and integrity. That said, someone who speaks up (usually very quietly) against the natural pressure to say nothing always gets my attention. Having been around the block a time or two, someone speaking up coming from that environment generally has already reported to their supervision what they have experienced, they don't just go rogue and decide to tell their story to brighten their day. 

I have enjoyed reading forum member's perspectives on this topic, thanks, everyone, looking forward to learning more about people's thoughts on this. Cheers to everyone.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/11/2022 at 10:00 PM, RedHawk454 said:

Off topic a little bit but

no one here I don’t think has talked about crawlers as being a culprit behind the m411 issue.. everyone thinks it’s BiGFo0T or aliens. I only found out about crawlers a month ago

check out r/crawlersightings on Reddit.

it’s a thin pale ghoul humanoid cryptid that inspired the rake and slender man.. didn’t know there was crawler knowers out there.. but, like with Sasquatch, there are crawler knowers apparently..

there’s literally ZERO evidence they exist but a lot of what crawlers are and their behavior seems very missing 411’y

IMO crawlers are WAY more terrifying than Sasquatch and dog man but few people in m411 talk about them

the creature in this animated video is more or less a crawler  

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iXGXARECu1k

here’s a crawler creeping a horse out.  This horse is agitated and doesn’t want to go any further 

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/mwK2uinV5HE?feature=share

I've brought it up before, but the stigma surrounding the subject itself is great for the government because they don't have to try to keep it hidden, most just think you're crazy from the get-go.

It is my suspicion that the species is slowly going extinct, and they would have long ago if they couldn't breed/hybrid with homo sapiens. All government needs to do is lay low until what they believe is inevitable happens, and they're free from the responsibility of bringing these primitive people back from the brink of extinction and managing their recovery within the overwhelming affairs of 7 billion homo sapiens, the sapiens themselves being too much to deal with as it is.

• Upvote 2

Personally I think the government knows about Bigfoot, but:

1.  They have more important things to deal with.

2.  Probably the lumber companies are pouring a lot of pac money into the politicians with the understanding the lawmakers keep Bigfoot a secret.  So long as it is a non existant creature there is no way it could end up on the endangered list.  Example the Ivory Bill Woodpecker was placed on the list and they could not cut timber from their land.  It was later learned the Woodpecker was alive and well in many other forest.  The best cure for a problem is prevention, and that is their way of preventing another ivory billed woodpecker impacting their business.

can you imagine what effect it would on our way of life without having lumber to build things. 

These are just my thoughts

58 minutes ago, Joe Largefoot said:

Personally I think the government knows about Bigfoot, but:

1.  They have more important things to deal with.

2.  Probably the lumber companies are pouring a lot of pac money into the politicians with the understanding the lawmakers keep Bigfoot a secret.  So long as it is a non existant creature there is no way it could end up on the endangered list.  Example the Ivory Bill Woodpecker was placed on the list and they could not cut timber from their land.  It was later learned the Woodpecker was alive and well in many other forest.  The best cure for a problem is prevention, and that is their way of preventing another ivory billed woodpecker impacting their business.

can you imagine what effect it would on our way of life without having lumber to build things. 

These are just my thoughts

Do you mean to refer to the Spotted owl? I ask because the survival of any extant Ivory-billed woodpeckers is unknown, perhaps doubtful.

• Like 1

There s also all the reports from military bases themselves, from Edwards Air Force base to Fort Lewis/McChord afb where large hairy hominids seem to be something of a given. McChord, with its considerable area and proximity to the nisqually delta has all sorts of reports,  near regularly! 

To think that the upper management hasn't got word of this or sent said word higher up still strikes me as naive, and the lack of overt response to contain them says to me that there's more going on regarding them than merely tolerating the forest apes. Right?