Can You Really Shoot A Bigfoot?

airforce47

Many encounters have been reported where a Sasquatch was reportedly shot.  I only know of one where I consider the facts of the case to be totally reliable.  They involve old time researchers Matt Moneymaker and Daryl Colyer (if the names aren't familiar look them up on the net).  This is one of the few cases I'm aware of where a government coverup was instigated and was successful.  I know of more but that's proprietary data and discussion is prohibited.  This is one of the reasons why I don't go into the woods unarmed any more.  You may draw your own conclusions but I still wonder how seriously the Bigfoot was injured and what happened afterwards?  However, I now seriously doubt a BF can be killed knowing what we know now.

BTW, I had a copy of the original report and it was lost when my computer crashed.  A tech told me the computer had been hacked and deliberately destroyed.  I will relate in another post what happened to me in October of 2016 and just how far the true force of Sasquatch can reach.

My best,

LL

Walker County Texas Bigfoot Shooting circa December 2001

• Upvote 2

Admin
34 minutes ago, Duckman said:

If it's real and it's flesh and blood, a properly placed shot with a .22 could kill it.

Agreed, it's just a question of how fast.

On 9/1/2022 at 8:01 AM, airforce47 said:

(A) This is one of the reasons why I don't go into the woods unarmed any more. 

(B) However, I now seriously doubt a BF can be killed knowing what we know now.

Larry,

Thanks for sharing these stories.

Got some clarification questions on your post.

Your statement B suggests that your statement A might not help if you run into a BF.   

Why do you seriously doubt that a BF can be killed?  If you can't kill them, why bring a gun?  Or is the gun for the other critters?

BTW, I read your other post on the Desolation Wilderness BF encounter from 2005 and that is a very good report.  The maps are really helpful.

I talked to Bill Brewer during a 2015 BFRO expedition and he confirmed that he visited the site for the investigation and found the bullet holes in the tree.

Edited by Explorer

When someone takes into consideration, the consequences of their actions as they may apply to others,  as in not wanting to negatively affect another person's livelihood, you know you are dealing with real stand up person. Good for you for being stand up.

On 9/1/2022 at 7:01 AM, airforce47 said:

........This is one of the reasons why I don't go into the woods unarmed any more........

In my long life, even before legal adulthood, I almost never went into the woods without being armed, and now I rarely go anywhere in public unarmed.

.......However, I now seriously doubt a BF can be killed knowing what we know now..........

I guarantee that they can be killed. Men have killed even blue whales on an industrial scale. Any of the rifles I regularly go afield with can easily kill a sasquatch, even if it escapes wounded to die later. I'm quite literally gunned for bears.......BIG bears........because I live in an area known for big bears. 

That written, and even though I formerly thought that killing a sasquatch for the advancement of science was valid, I no longer believe that a sasquatch should be intentionally killed. However, just one bluff charge or stalking event, and if I get a shot, I'll punch a hole through one with no regrets whatsoever, and I'd have no problem leaving it right where it falls for its kin to drag away or for the birds to feed on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

BFF Patron

Funny the actual blog recall of the event orig. posted to the BFRO public databas made me LOL.  If this guy knew MM like I do you wouldn't hesitate to do anything you wanted to do that you thought was the right thing to do.....TV be damned.  Also, the raccoon part of the incident piqued my intense interest.  In my investigations, BF ran among  the 'coons so that even sometimes audiorecording was made very difficult and had to be analyzed/scrutinized to separate out BF sounds from raccoon sounds.  Also funny in this the 300 kooks.  Guess 300 to 1 ain't too bad, I consider a certain TV actor and Director a kook too.  NAWAC/BFRO coverups are all easy to discuss in order to stir the pot and keep up the simmer!  Don't get me started!  There are enough BFRO members around that leak so this stuff is bullet proof from lethal agencies.  As to computers and hacks, the only computer I only suspected was hacked was when I had BFRO members in my house.  PS Getting bearproof trash containers saves bullets and magazines!  PPS Thanks to @airforce47 for the thread and gumption to throw out that which sticks!

Edited by bipedalist

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

I guarantee that they can be killed. Men have killed even blue whales on an industrial scale. Any of the rifles I regularly go afield with can easily kill a sasquatch, even if it escapes wounded to die later. I'm quite literally gunned for bears.......BIG bears........because I live in an area known for big bears. 

That written, and even though I formerly thought that killing a sasquatch for the advancement of science was valid, I no longer believe that a sasquatch should be intentionally killed. However, just one bluff charge or stalking event, and if I get a shot, I'll punch a hole through one with no regrets whatsoever, and I'd have no problem leaving it right where it falls for its kin to drag away or for the birds to feed on. 

Dang Huntster!  That last sentence is very morbid thought for these creatures.

@airforce47I believe that they can be killed, that they are flesh and blood. But I also believe that if we place a bead on them, they can feel it or sense it. Just like we can sense when someone is watching us. Who knows what the DoD does with these creatures. I tend to think that they are actively hunting these creatures. By doing clear cutting in certain areas. Where they make room for choppers to land. Taking these creatures and dropping them off into areas of research. But this is just my opinion. But it is through what I have observed.

I think that the hacking of computers is normal in those who are getting close to some truth. Kind of a sneak and peak, destroy when they find something that they do not want no one to know. Facebook hacks, down to your computer. This is not normal and really aggravates your entire life. The worst is your phone. But you just move on.

So, it does make one wonder. What makes these creatures so special that the government would go to extreme on covering up these creatures. My thought was when I sat on my tree stand. Was to try to shoot one with my bow or my crossbow. It is silent and is not loud. But then why would they stay well beyond the range of my bow and the crossbow. Could they understand the season? 

But going back to research and the government. They might follow certain researchers. They might not reach out to them. (researchers) But they are gathering intelligence from them. In the meantime everyone will be answering each other bigfoot call. While the creatures are being removed. Now this just my thought and opinion.   

• Like 1

The question of killing one of them is really interesting in that 2 Bigfoot groups are deep into that process.  The NAWAC has an area in Southeastern OK they research and they've made no secret of their desire to obtain a specimen.  Likewise, the GCBRO is attempting to do the same thing including a TV show.  However, both groups though very well equipped with experienced hunters, have failed to get a specimen for more than a decade.  This should tell us something about the hunted and indicates to me we're hunting something far superior to what we've estimated.  It doesn't mean it can't be killed but it does mean it's going to take a great deal of skill and luck.

As for government coverups and conspiracies, they happen as I've shown with the Walker County case and they'll go on.  Just how much they're covering up about BF remains to be seen but if it's anywhere near what they retained about UAPs then it's probably a lot and they may have solved the BF mystery and sitting on the answer for reasons of their own. 

I agree with you about shooting one unless necessary as I've changed my mind as well.  Being a Vietnam vet, I was hoping against hope for a less violent world but it isn't going to happen.  My best,

• Thanks 1

Bidpedalist:  MM is certainly a controversial subject for sure.  I've helped him a couple of times obtain military records of incidents and in one case it helped him expose a hoax.  I know a few of the Curators and others who have clashed with him and they have strong opinions about him and his methods.  However, he can take credit for a lot of the interest the media and the public has given the BF subject since 1995.

I'm still looking for an original copy for the records of the report if you know someone who happens to have one.  I can just imagine the reaction of the previous Sheriff of Walker County to all those phone calls and unless you're directly involved it's an LOL situation for sure.  Take care and have a good Labor Day weekend.  My best,

Explorer:  I PM'd you and and I'm glad you enjoyed the DW Encounter.  Bob ran into a storm of skepticism from the old forum about it and got pretty upset.  I read it and contacted him and we became friends and did some research together.  He went on to become Bigfoot From Germany but has found the answer he sought and retired from the BF Community.  His encounter though remains one of the best of all time and a miracle of survival.

It's my intention to put up a separte post about Bob's Encounter In the Desolation Wilderness but you can find the blog on the net with a search if you wish.  My best,

One consideration is they're never unarmed as long as there's a rock or piece of debris near them, as their precision is legendary.  The armed individual would have to sight in a particular part of the squatch and take the shot before it could pick up something like a rock.  They've been killed, but obviously not an easy kill.

On another note, a Hairy Man rug would be a helluva score...  after it's been washed a few times, of course.