Can You Really Shoot A Bigfoot?

airforce47

13 hours ago, Silverback Sax said:

A body won't change that.

And you were doing so well, up to that last sentence.

A body changes everything.

Also: Humans are primates, and so they behave as primates do.

Thanks for contributing input to the forum!

14 hours ago, Silverback Sax said:

Ok 1st post. Time to stick my neck out.  We'll see if it gets past the mods ;>)

Evidence:  Isn't the thousands of eye witnesses reports from decent everyday folks (who never asked to see one of these things) enough evidence? It is for me.

Proof:  So I read that as a dead body of whatever these things are.  I tend to think they are less like primates and more like us than we want to think.  Killing becomes a different thing when they have features like ours.  Also, it would seem these things outclass us in just about every way.  We are not talking about dropping a huge bear.  What makes anyone think they travel alone?  IF you could successfully execute one, what makes you think their clan/tribe/pod would allow you to have the body let alone your life?  Seems like a bad idea.  

I believe the governments know full well about these beings.  They don't want us to have proof.  That's why all of those folks who didn't ask for an encounter are ridiculed when they tell their truth.  A body won't change that.

1) It may be for you. But that’s not how science works….

2) It probably seemed like a bad idea to go into the Congo and drag out a Gorilla specimen and prove them to science too. Men probably died from malaria and snake bites and drownings to accomplish it. Science never says…. Hey it’s probably too dangerous, so let’s just go with native reports of the creature…. No, of course not.

3) Sure. But that should just steel our resolve to push on. Look at Ufologists…. 

24 minutes ago, norseman said:

........But that’s not how science works…...

Do vehicles from another world exist? What does science say about that question?

58B45796-725B-4ED8-A2A7-3C91963C7278.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Do vehicles from another world exist? What does science say about that question?

58B45796-725B-4ED8-A2A7-3C91963C7278.jpeg

Probably.

• Upvote 1

Ufology has gotten some movement recently. But ultimately it’s not a question that will be solved by ordinary people.

I can’t grab my .45-70 and go prove the existence of a interstellar alien vehicle unfortunately. In this scenario? We are Bigfoot. We are the technology challenged target. Not aliens….

I will take it as a badge of honor to be called out by some of this forums most prolific members.  Clink!

Science be damned.  A good persons word is good enough for me.  If you read and listen to enough eyewitness accounts, it becomes pretty obvious who's telling their truth and who's blowin' smoke up yer tail pipe or just seeking attention. 

Yeah, what I belive about the origins of these beings would rock thousands of years of civilization to it's core if proven true.  That kind of destabilizing event is the last thing our leaders want.  It would prevent them from controlling us through misinformation, fear, and irrational hate. 

I don't like the idea of killing one unless it's a matter of self defense.  Science already knows, they just can't let the truth out.  Why?  Because scientists generally work for organizations with at least some ties to governments.  Ever check out how many scientists worldwide die an untimely death?  Science will reject said specimen.   The media?  Sure ... they'll help spread the truth ... of course they will. Beyond that, trying to kill one puts you and other innocent humans at risk of retaliation. 

Just my cents

26 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Is it pretty much universally agreed that government has been suppressing UFO information?

Until AATIP. Yes.

But Avi Loeb isn’t the government. He is science. And there are others.

6 hours ago, Silverback Sax said:

I will take it as a badge of honor to be called out by some of this forums most prolific members.  Clink!

Called out? It's what we refer to as having a  conversation.

It's been a good exchange of ideas and opinion.

Edited by Incorrigible1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Silverback Sax said:

Science be damned.  A good persons word is good enough for me.  If you read and listen to enough eyewitness accounts, it becomes pretty obvious who's telling their truth and who's blowin' smoke up yer tail pipe or just seeking attention. 

Yeah, what I belive about the origins of these beings would rock thousands of years of civilization to it's core if proven true.  That kind of destabilizing event is the last thing our leaders want.  It would prevent them from controlling us through misinformation, fear, and irrational hate. 

I don't like the idea of killing one unless it's a matter of self defense.  Science already knows, they just can't let the truth out.  Why?  Because scientists generally work for organizations with at least some ties to governments.  Ever check out how many scientists worldwide die an untimely death?  Science will reject said specimen.   The media?  Sure ... they'll help spread the truth ... of course they will. Beyond that, trying to kill one puts you and other innocent humans at risk of retaliation. 

Just my cents

Hunting dangerous animals? Is dangerous….🫣

Science?

Science is what heats my pot pie in the microwave. Science put 4 stents in my heart to keep me alive from poor youth choices. Science put 2 artificial discs in my neck after an old football injury gave me vertigo. I think it’s easy to bash science and over look all it’s given us humans.

Science has spoken. They need a type specimen…. If that doesn’t float yer boat? Cool. If you wanna just read stories? Awesome.

• Upvote 3

On 10/7/2022 at 12:35 PM, norseman said:

Until AATIP. Yes.........

Then isn't the default assumption that government would be expected to suppress sasquatch information?

5 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Then isn't the default assumption that government would be expected to suppress sasquatch information?

Logically, I would suspect the reason the government would suppress UFO information is to get a monopoly on the alien technology. Any country that holds that technology has a leg up on the competition. We saw this play out in the colonization of the Americas. The tribes that traded with the white’s acquired guns and steel knives and horses…. and then proceeded to decimate the tribes that did not trade with the whites.

This scenario does not play out concerning a large man ape roaming our hinterlands. So if the government is active in suppressing Sasquatch information? It must be for a completely different reason than UFO’s. 

17 hours ago, norseman said:

.......This scenario does not play out concerning a large man ape roaming our hinterlands. So if the government is active in suppressing Sasquatch information? It must be for a completely different reason than UFO’s. 

But it does. In a world of virtue positioning and human rights, any nation with these creatures within their borders will be faced with responsibilities that other nations will not have to deal with. For example, unlike a nation like, say, Argentina, a nation like the U.S. with sasquatches running around will be faced with the responsibility of ensuring the well being of these creatures, and if they are determined to be of the genus homo, that responsibility is much greater than that of an endangered animal, even a great ape. Human rights are a huge thing.

7 minutes ago, Huntster said:

But it does. In a world of virtue positioning and human rights, any nation with these creatures within their borders will be faced with responsibilities that other nations will not have to deal with. For example, unlike a nation like, say, Argentina, a nation like the U.S. with sasquatches running around will be faced with the responsibility of ensuring the well being of these creatures, and if they are determined to be of the genus homo, that responsibility is much greater than that of an endangered animal, even a great ape. Human rights are a huge thing.

That’s not the same. IMO.

Human rights only extends to one species. Homo Sapiens.

How are you (the government) going to ensure the well being of a wild man ape living in wilderness? And if you fail to do so? Are Bigfeet gonna form a coalition and march on Washington? No. 

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Bigfeet don’t squeak. We cannot even find them on a regular basis.

• Upvote 1