Is This The Calm Before The Storm?

I dont mean to be dogmatic but I do believe that it is FACT that they are nonphysical beings.

We know!

So what convinced you?

Edited by Bonehead74

Guest herosmom

I'm not trying to defend any one person or their point of view but isn't part of the definition of paranormal or supernatural that they are un-provable? Isn't that why we put certain things into those categories? Of course we have evidence to suggest they are real but beyond that, just believing is required. Very un-scientific of me I know, but so is all of this childish arguing and mud-slinging I see here and on other sights in this supposed CALM before the storm. It's rather depressing for a newbie like me to read the arguments and nay-saying against every single bit of evidence and every person that's come out with it. As Bf would say-UUUGH!

Anyone worried that when the "news" finally breaks-there will be thousands of idiots with guns running around the forests shooting at each other trying to bag a Bigfoot? Rewards will be offered?

I see a hoaxer in a suit getting tragically shot and killed with all the potential poaching. "Pledge Prank Fools Hunter, Youth Gets Eye Shot Out By Red Ryder BB Gun, film at 11." I think there will be a pretty good storm if this DNA is as good as they're making it out to be.

I also see no upside or sense in hoaxing something like this.

Guest wanabee1

Anyone hear intending to attaend the Hanobia Bigfoot Festival this upcoming weekend? http://www.bigfootmountain.com/schedule With both Ketchum and Paulides scheduled to speak, it may be time to batten down the hatches. NABS is also promoting this with the following:

9/30-10/1- David Paulides will be presenting informationabout NABS' latest research, this will be the first public appearance by NABSsince nearing the completion of the DNA Project

nearing completion?

Guest slimwitless

Meldrum is speaking at a bigfoot conference in Texas on the same day. I'm not sure what Ketchum and Paulides will be able to talk about if the study hasn't been published.

• 2 months later...
Admin

Well, well well, it looks like I was right again :) or at least, right so far.

Anyone care to update their predictions? it'll be interesting to see how opinions have changed.

Ketchum and her cohorts won't even SAY what journal this supposed paper has been submitted to. I guess the journal forced them all to take vows of silence under their own NON-DISSCLOSURE-AGREEMENTS.

What angers me are all the good and decent people who believe and want to believe and are hanging their hat on this madness only to have their noses rubbed in it time and again. A lot of people are going to feel awfully bad when this whole paper thing finally is exposed for what it is. I feel for those people and will feel even worse when it finally happens.

This whole thing is about M-O-N-E-Y, plain and simple. I don't have a problem with that, just SAY SO. Come out and tell everyone that this is a FOR PROFIT exercise and they are doing everything they can to maximize their profitability.

I would hope that all the people that have signed these goofy NDA's will finally get their belly full of it and realize that whatever info they have or did have deserves to be told and let the chips fall where they may.

To answer the original question, I never did believe there was any validity to this stuff. Sure I might have to eat crow one of these days, but I am pretty confident that isn't going to happen. The majority of people on here and those that are REALLY interested in Sassy won't care how long it takes, they are aching for anything that they can say reinforces their beliefs in Sassy. Ketchum can drag this thing out for another 4 years and people would still be chomping at the bit if she said on June 1, 2015 that she is going to present her paper. They would flock to any conference or buy whatever video she will be hawking. Maybe by that time Ketchum can buy up 30 or 40 more web domains to "present" her findings.

Nalajr

What angers me are all the good and decent people who believe and want to believe and are hanging their hat on this madness only to have their noses rubbed in it time and again. A lot of people are going to feel awfully bad when this whole paper thing finally is exposed for what it is. I feel for those people and will feel even worse when it finally happens.

This whole thing is about M-O-N-E-Y, plain and simple. I don't have a problem with that, just SAY SO. Come out and tell everyone that this is a FOR PROFIT exercise and they are doing everything they can to maximize their profitability.

If it is about money you do not need to spend your money on it in the first place.If this is the way we think about this,then no one is forcing us to spend our money on it.We just do not have too.In my opinion. :)

Well, a good friend of mine is coordinating papers and reviews for a journals special issue on some other science field. He doesnt see anything strange about the Ketchum Paper. It takes month to finish the process and they are in a field that isnt that digital as DNA analyses. We should also understand that this journals have nothing in common with magazines or news, it isnt about hype. He also told me that beeing rejected doesnt mean bad science either, they themselves throw out papers because they dont fit together in an Issue. He gets Papers years old, that didnt made it to publication until now. Nothing wrong with the science just "uninteresting".

Also banned from the forum because of reasons I dont know Robert Lindsay has speculated on his blog that the paper might still be released this year. The only two Journals i came up with outstanding 2011 releases are.

http://jcb.rupress.org/

http://www.plosbiology.org/home.action

http://www.plosbiology.org/home.action

Of the 2 Journals you mentioned, this one seems to be the most likely of the 2 Journals to accept and publish these findings because they deal with specific research such as the BF phenomena and documenting said phenom. In my humble opinion of course.

I just hope that you are correct! :blink: I'm beyond ready for this to be over!

Edited by SweetSusiq