Sierra Sounds

spacemonkeymafia

I've been thinking lately. Have the Sierra Sounds ever been heard or recorded anywhere or anytime since?

Plenty of witness reports of "chattering", before and after the Sierra events, but none recorded to my knowledge. The 1955 William Roe sighting mentioned chattering.

3 hours ago, spacemonkeymafia said:

I've been thinking lately. Have the Sierra Sounds ever been heard or recorded anywhere or anytime since?

We've experienced 'similar' sounds under different circumstances. Here's a couple I could find that I knew where to find in my archives. I'll look thru and see what else I can find that's like that. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

We just heard giggling and chatter from female voices two months ago. Didn't get recorded (too far from the recorder). We were in the middle of nowhere, on a mountain mushroom hunting, and there was no one around us - I'm guessing it could have been sasquatch juveniles talking. It was fascinating but it spooked us so much, and happened so suddenly, that we should have just stopped still and recorded on my phone, but instead, we made a hurried retreat to the truck. Wish we had stayed put. We also hurried just to see if a car had pulled up somehow without us hearing it (absolutely unlikely but possible).

I'm thinking maybe an evening/dusk operation - just bundle up and sit on the mountain as night falls. Put audio recorders everywhere. Just see what happens and record all of it. We've had several things happen on that mountain, besides chanterelles!

Stan Courtney's website database might have some recordings. Do a google search. 

@GuyInIndiana I'd better bring two pairs of pants, because after that first yell, I might need a new pair! Absolutely amazing audio. 

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 1

The short answer is yes, witnesses report many vocal sounds, and lots of folks get interesting vocals recorded. It's a fascinating subject, and why I got into recording years ago. Check out the audio section in the forums for more of Guy's awesome recordings and others.

1 hour ago, Madison5716 said:

chatter from female voices

Same here. It sounded as though they were speaking an Asian sounding language.

• Upvote 2

One of the things that strikes me as odd is that the recordings are 8 hours in total length (if I recall correctly).   

Thanks everyone. I was aware of reports of people hearing chatter and such but wasn't sure about anything like the Seirra Sounds variety of vocals.

Remote camping about 20 years ago on 2 or 3 occasions while setting by campfire at night the gf at the time and i heard what seemed to be human voices somewhere in the distance across the creek we were camped by (fave camp spot of ours then).  I stepped out of camp with flashlight full expecting to see **** hunters coming in the distance, nothing.  This happened on other camping trips there, it seemed like humans speaking english but we never could make out words.

• 1 year later...

Chris Spencer recorded about 20,000 hours of audio in the Olympic Project WA nest site area (during two years) and out of that he filtered out about 1.7 hours of sounds associated with target species (bigfoot).

Of all the vocalizations detected (that included whoops, hoots, screams, roars, and non-human mumblings), only one was similar to Sierra Sounds.

You can hear it in the YouTube video linked above.

This is not "samurai chatter" but is similar to some of the Sierra Sounds recorded.

Edited by Explorer

I was on a BFRO expedition in California very near where the Sierra Sounds were recorded. I heard similar chatter while out there and others reported samurai chatter as well. Apparently they are still doing it out there in that area

• Upvote 1

Where were you and where do you think the Sierra sounds were recorded?

Didn't we already go through this a while back?

On 1/8/2023 at 12:32 PM, GuyInIndiana said:

We've experienced 'similar' sounds under different circumstances. Here's a couple I could find that I knew where to find in my archives. I'll look thru and see what else I can find that's like that. 

Dude that's wild if it's on the up and up