Sierra Sounds

spacemonkeymafia

11 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

A screech owl is a very small owl but the noise it generates is incredibly loud.

We used to have a screech owl that would sit on the awning support on our front porch at night, you could stand right next to it and it would just look at you.

They can make some really loud and weird noises, I’ve always wondered how many times somebody would hear them back in the woods and not know what it is and freak out.

16 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

I had no idea that one could guess the height of a Sasquatch based on the length of vocal cords. There aren't any published details about vocal cord length gleaned from autopsy.

My opinion  and observation is that it's only a guess. Can they really? Show us the math. It's as absurd as a guy I once watched in a BF video interview who claimed he could tell the weight and gender of a sasquatch based on their prints, step length, and appearance of the foot print. The person interviewing this guy just ate it all up hook, line and sinker. The bravado of some in the research community is astounding and laughable.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, GuyInIndiana said:

My opinion  and observation is that it's only a guess. Can they really? Show us the math. It's as absurd as a guy I once watched in a BF video interview who claimed he could tell the weight and gender of a sasquatch based on their prints, step length, and appearance of the foot print. The person interviewing this guy just ate it all up hook, line and sinker. The bravado of some in the research community is astounding and laughable.

Well, again, this was determined scientifically. One of the organizations that analyzed the sounds was the Kirlin Institute of Technology. They probably worked from an existing data set of human vocal ranges. And again, among other findings stated above, they determined some of the louder deeper sounds came from a vocal tract length of something/someone around 8 feet tall. I'm guessing they compared it to the average sounds/ resonance from a cross section of human samples. But, I doubt it will change your mind about the sounds being legitimate.

47 minutes ago, cromag said:

Well, again, this was determined scientifically. One of the organizations that analyzed the sounds was the Kirlin Institute of Technology.

Do you have any info on the Kirlin Institute of Technology?

Google doesn't recognize them.

16 minutes ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Do you have any info on the Kirlin Institute of Technology?

Google doesn't recognize them.

No I don't. I just know that Ron mentioned them in just about every interview as one of the organizations that studied the tapes. I might not be spelling it correctly, and they were studied in the late 70's. They might not be around anymore?

8 hours ago, xspider1 said:

^ yeah, maybe go easy on the s’mores next time.  :rofl:

I can't. I gotta keep up with your mom.:rofl:

On 3/2/2024 at 6:43 PM, DarkEyes said:

I was on a BFRO expedition in California very near where the Sierra Sounds were recorded. I heard similar chatter while out there and others reported samurai chatter as well. Apparently they are still doing it out there in that area

Hi DarkEyes,

With so many participants in the typical CA BFRO expedition (including the team leaders), I would imagine that there would have been multiple audio recorders around camp.

Yet, I have not heard any audio recordings from the CA Sierras that replicate the samurai chatter.

I have heard from a least 2 others (besides you), that have been to the CA Sierra BFRO sites and have also reported hearing samurai chatter.  But when I ask for a sample audio clip, I hear crickets....

I don't disbelieve them, just disappointed that when these amazing sounds are heard, it appears that the folks present are not prepared with audio recorders.

I always keep at least one recorder going all night while camping.

Maybe I am wrong, and the BFRO folks have good audio recordings of samurai chatter but are not sharing publicly.  However, I would imagine that they would put it up in YouTube or Facebook right away, if they had the goods.

I have been camping in those Sierra Nevada sites since 2015 and have always taken audio, but have never heard samurai chatter.  I have recorded footfalls, clicking sounds, and other percussive sounds - consistent with BF presence.

1 hour ago, Explorer said:

Hi DarkEyes,

With so many participants in the typical CA BFRO expedition (including the team leaders), I would imagine that there would have been multiple audio recorders around camp.

Yet, I have not heard any audio recordings from the CA Sierras that replicate the samurai chatter.

I have heard from a least 2 others (besides you), that have been to the CA Sierra BFRO sites and have also reported hearing samurai chatter.  But when I ask for a sample audio clip, I hear crickets....

I don't disbelieve them, just disappointed that when these amazing sounds are heard, it appears that the folks present are not prepared with audio recorders.

I always keep at least one recorder going all night while camping.

Maybe I am wrong, and the BFRO folks have good audio recordings of samurai chatter but are not sharing publicly.  However, I would imagine that they would put it up in YouTube or Facebook right away, if they had the goods.

I have been camping in those Sierra Nevada sites since 2015 and have always taken audio, but have never heard samurai chatter.  I have recorded footfalls, clicking sounds, and other percussive sounds - consistent with BF presence.

For whatever reason people have, they haven’t shared audio. I usually have a recorder going anytime I leave camp and all night long. I’ve gotten audio of footfalls, breathing, knocks and mouth pops as well as weird evps of voices that are no one’s in camp. So far I haven’t shared any simply because I’m not tech savvy. I don’t know how to put them on here. 

This thread goes back 6+ years. Some here have shared a lot, also GuyinIndiana has shared some truly wild vocals. A few years ago I shared a short clip of what sounded like a male and female exchange some distance away. I haven't been recording in a long time, but it is easy and fun to see results, although analysis is time-consuming.

I like Jim Sherman's work a lot, among others.

LordCryptid - YouTube

Edited by JKH
  • Like 1

On 3/4/2024 at 12:36 PM, GuyInIndiana said:

Charlatans and hucksters abound in this part of the universe. You should be careful with your critical thinking, it might ruffle some feathers LOL 

• 4 weeks later...

As one who has captured many sounds of the woods, I've also found it frustrating that similar sounds to the Sierra Sounds were lacking. If they are real then there would be considerable consistency in the recordings from across the country wherever the sightings are. This clip ties a lot of field research together in my opinion. From Texas to Michigan and the Sierras to Georgia. The consistency and comparability is just as convincing as an analysis suggesting something outside human range. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2023 at 6:27 AM, spacemonkeymafia said:

I've been thinking lately. Have the Sierra Sounds ever been heard or recorded anywhere or anytime since?

Yes. Hearing a long conversation near my hunting camp and later hearing the same type of language in the Sierra Sounds is the only reason I became interested in the Sasquatch.