Sierra Sounds

spacemonkeymafia

On 1/8/2023 at 7:27 AM, spacemonkeymafia said:

I've been thinking lately. Have the Sierra Sounds ever been heard or recorded anywhere or anytime since?

I heard something very similar to the "samurai chatter" from both sides of my campsite in northern Idaho in the fall of 2021.  It only lasted a couple of minutes until my English Mastiff male started his ranting and raving act.  Kerry Arnold and I, may he rest in peace, had many discussions about the similarity in what I heard, what he had heard, and the Sierra Sounds.  On the other hand, when I had my face to face daylight sighting in Glennie, Michigan in November of 1993 the only suspected vocalizations I heard in the two days leading up to it were a very guttural OOMPH sound. 

It's hard to know.  I am convinced the Sierra Sounds are genuine Bigfoot vocalizations, but I am resistant to the paranormal track that Ron Morehead is espousing nowadays.  I am firmly in the "flesh and blood" camp.  I wish I could remember the man's name, but he was a former US Navy linguist who listened to the Sierra Sounds repeatedly, and asserts based upon his training and experience that there is an underlying language there.  I certainly allow for that possibility, and think that it would be incredible if Bigfoot actually had a language and communication between species would be (however improbable) possible someday.

See, this is the problem with being involved with Bigfoot...more questions always pop up.

• Upvote 3

On 1/8/2023 at 10:32 AM, GuyInIndiana said:

We've experienced 'similar' sounds under different circumstances. Here's a couple I could find that I knew where to find in my archives. I'll look thru and see what else I can find that's like that. 

Thank you for sharing that.  Number Two actually made my dog react while I was listening to it.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2024 at 12:14 AM, Frisco85132 said:

It's hard to know.  I am convinced the Sierra Sounds are genuine Bigfoot vocalizations, but I am resistant to the paranormal track that Ron Morehead is espousing nowadays.  I am firmly in the "flesh and blood" camp.  I wish I could remember the man's name, but he was a former US Navy linguist who listened to the Sierra Sounds repeatedly, and asserts based upon his training and experience that there is an underlying language there.  I certainly allow for that possibility, and think that it would be incredible if Bigfoot actually had a language and communication between species would be (however improbable) possible someday.

I'm pretty sure the gentleman you're referring to is Scott Nelson, there's a multitude of YouTube videos of his presentations on what he believes to be Bigfoot language. He's been interviewed on numerous podcasts and appears in the documentary A Flash of Beauty: Bigfoot Revealed. It looks like he is still doing appearances, there's a video of a presentation he did at Montanacon 2023 (Oct 7th-8th 2023) on David Paulides' YouTube channel. There's also a longer (and slightly better-produced) video of his presentation at the 2022 Ozark Mountain UFO Conference here.

Montanacon 2023 presentation:

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Fascinating lecture! Thanks for posting it! 

it seems to me what he's describing at the end, where he's saying they talk on the inhale as well as on the exhale, but how it doesn't make sense, is pretty much the circular breathing technique that say saxophone players use so they can play continuously, without a break in the flow for breaths

Edited by guyzonthropus
Hit the save button too soon....

• 2 weeks later...

My random dude on the Internet take is (with all the expected disclaimers "assuming they exist" etc) that these aren't language because bigfoots aren't capable of language. 

They're a relic hominid that never evolved language but did evolve speech. 

That's why it isn't translated. It's just noise/calls.

Speculating of course, but my assumption is they don't have a developed Broca's area. They have one, but it's not as complex as ours. So they can articulate but not speak language. 

The entirety of their communication comes from the tone, speed, frequency and body language. The vowels and consonants are irrelevant except where they serve the clip speed or divide the vowel sounds in pitch.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Doodler said:

........The entirety of their communication comes from the tone, speed, frequency and body language..........

By your own words you have admitted that *language* is even possible without speech or vocal utterance.

Edited by Huntster

3 hours ago, Huntster said:

By your own words you have admitted that *language* is even possible without speech or vocal utterance.

Yes.

Birds can read body language. They don't have Language. Bees can read body language, they have about a million neurons and no Language.

Body language is much deeper in the brain than Language is, and even deeper than vocalizations are.

There's even a stack or hierarchy of communication. Chemical, touch, scent, visual, auditory, lingual, conceptual etc. each representing a path to sharing information, but only one we would call Language with a capital L. 

Dolphins can learn words, we think they might have Language, but when tasked with communicating concepts, they appear to fail.

Again, one dudes opinion. Bigfoots can't speak. They can vocalize, stink, make gestures, whistle, Mimic each other and other animals, ill bet.

I'm happy to ask one and find out I'm wrong though!

2 hours ago, Doodler said:

.......Birds can read body language..........

https://nature-mentor.com/chickadee-calls/

What Chickadee Calls Tell You About Bird Language........

.........Dolphins can learn words, we think they might have Language, but when tasked with communicating concepts, they appear to fail........

I had a dog that I taught American sign language. She understood dozens of signs, but didn't have the capability to 'speak' the language because ASL requires hands. But Koko the gorilla learned ASL, both receptively and expressively. She had a vocabulary of over 1,000 signs and could understand around 2,000 words of spoken English. Her sign vocabulary included basic signs like "food" and "drink", emotional signs like "sad" and "love", and more complex signs like "obnoxious" and "polite". Koko was also able to combine signs to create new meanings, such as calling a ring a "finger bracelet" and a mask an "eye hat".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Here's the 2 CD's the full 2 CD's noice!

Cd1

Cd2