Ketchum 2.0

See-Te-Cah NC

8 hours ago, Huntster said:

New in publication date, same-old in message from a dyed-in-wool skeptic.

Skepiticism is a healthy thing to have in the mix.

BFF Patron
14 hours ago, Huntster said:

Larryzfoot maybe? Ya' know, after being banned once, you might want to use some creativity when slinking back in.

Maybe being banned twice might make you understand what it's like to publish in "respected" science journals. "Folks" might just not want to hear.......or "publish".........your intellectual offerings..........

Sounds like the voice of experience.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, larryzed said:

Thats exactly what it was, the rest is wishful thinking.

Believe what you want, she's not qualified and her "results" were amusing at best. 

I'll do exactly that, and so can you. And that is precisely what this is all about:

Belief.

5 minutes ago, Foxhill said:

Sounds like the voice of experience.

Kinda'. I was banned, but I returned upon invitation to come back. Same profile name, same avatar, same guy. I didn't sneak back as Hamster.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ThePhaige said:

.......the question isnt do SSQ somehow reach out to some of us, but do ya speak about it when they do?

Certainly anyone should know that doing so is akin to being soon canceled (or worse) in some circles.........

This thought should be deeply considered by everybody who believes that these creatures exist. If you make contact, keeping it confidential will be key to your overall benefit.........

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Huntster said:

I'll do exactly that, and so can you. And that is precisely what this is all about:

Belief.

Not all of it. Belief didn’t get her in hot water with the state of Texas, neither did Bigfoot. 

I don’t understand why most of us will not give Todd Standing a pass, but we will give Melba Ketchum a pass? Explain that to me?

This hero worship of charlatans does absolutely nothing to help our cause. As a community we are better off with competent, honest representatives that have real peer reviewed results! 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Belief.

Belief is a train to nowheres..... 

She was incompetent as pointed out and deceptive.

A grifter in present form. 

18 minutes ago, Huntster said:

This thought should be deeply considered by everybody who believes that these creatures exist. If you make contact, keeping it confidential will be key to your overall benefit.........

Belief solves nothing, science does, eventually.

4 minutes ago, norseman said:

Not all of it. Belief didn’t get her in hot water with the state of Texas, neither did Bigfoot. 

I don’t understand why most of us will not give Todd Standing a pass, but we will give Melba Ketchum a pass? Explain that to me?

This hero worship of charlatans does absolutely nothing to help our cause. As a community we are better off with competent, honest representatives that have real peer reviewed results! 🤷‍♂️

Absolutely correct. Filter out the fakes and focus on better examples than the grifting vet.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, norseman said:

.......I don’t understand why most of us will not give Todd Standing a pass, but we will give Melba Ketchum a pass? Explain that to me?........

I'm not giving her a pass. I think she's foolishly associated with hoaxers, and her self-publishing gimmick backfired. And I really don't care how many parking tickets she's accumulated and whether or not the state of Texas likes her. Nor do I care whether personalities on a bigfoot internet forum like her or not.

I read her/their work. Completely. I read all rounds of peer review questions. I believe it is more valid than not. I don't care about the publishing protocol as much as finding answers and pursuing leads. 

It's really that simple.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Huntster said:

I'm not giving her a pass. I think she's foolishly associated with hoaxers, and her self-publishing gimmick backfired. And I really don't care how many parking tickets she's accumulated and whether or not the state of Texas likes her. Nor do I care whether personalities on a bigfoot internet forum like her or not.

I read her/their work. Completely. I read all rounds of peer review questions. I believe it is more valid than not. I don't care about the publishing protocol as much as finding answers and pursuing leads. 

It's really that simple.

NO Its not. There are standards to peer review and the Scientific method. Shes not pursuing leads, shes grifting at this point and adding to the white noise of the subject, not answers.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Huntster said:

It's really that simple.

You’re welcome to your opinion, but Texas wasn’t a traffic fine. Fact.

Her work was called into question. Her DNA work! If she is failing in a criminal court case in which all species are known? She should not be trusted with Bigfoot DNA. 

I want someone who has discovered a new species of primate on the case.

3 hours ago, larryzed said:

NO Its not. There are standards to peer review and the Scientific method..........

Do I come across as the kind of guy who gives a rip about some pinhead's "standards"? As an Army engineer, we were drowning in "standards", and we lived with them.........until something had to happen right now

Sometimes it's appropriate to blow off the lawyer/high priest class. That's especially so when they're producing absolutely nothing but roadblocks.

1 minute ago, Huntster said:

Do I come across as the kind of guy who gives a rip about some pinhead's "standards"? As an Army engineer, we were drowning in "standards", and we lived with them.........until something had to happen right now

Sometimes it's appropriate to blow off the lawyer/high priest class. That's especially so when they're producing absolutely nothing but roadblocks.

I wasnt the one yapping about belief and defending a grifter and a kook.

3 hours ago, norseman said:

You’re welcome to your opinion, but Texas wasn’t a traffic fine. Fact.........

So what was her high crime? Was she convicted?

........Her work was called into question. Her DNA work!.........

Reference, please.

........I want someone who has discovered a new species of primate on the case.

Well, it appears that Dr. Mayor is on the case, so good luck.