Expedition Bigfoot season 4

norseman

55 minutes ago, entropy said:

Interdimensional cave rocks slightly out of phase with our plane of existence?

My favorite part of the show is watching Mireya's soul die a little bit each time Ronny says something batsh!t crazy.

Bryce has the best gig. Stays in nice cabins in the forest, hangs out in bars talking to locals. Probably has a woman or three in each town they've rolled through. Dude's living his best life.

I miss Russ' cameraman from last season, though I think his new one will have his moment this season.

I like Russ’s gig minus the camera man.  Ronny sees Bigfoot under his bed. Bryce is a complete city slicker. And Mireya makes the most sense out of all of them.

I would like to know what she personal thinks about everything.

• 1 month later...

A few thoughts. First, to my eyes it looked odd as the thumb did not appear to be extended; rather, it appeared curled under. That's certainly possible but it would be preferred to address questions. Second, they spoke how large the hand print looked yet presented nothing by which to compare it to for size analysis. I always have a tailor's tape measure in my chest pack. Why wasn't a dollar bill or something used to offer a benchmark of size?

I'm guessing the scanner they use calculates measurement to the fraction of a inch/millimeter. If so, it would have been helpful to have those measurements. Was the forefinger 6" long, 3", 8"?  It left me wondering and that's not a good thing.

In that same episode, I was impressed with the fixed-wing drone.  No doubt it is a very expensive piece of equipment especially when you add the 3 cameras.  I wondered why it wasn't used to follow the object that dissapeared over the top of the glacier or to follow the objects that were seen moving behind trees on the hand thermals.  Maybe the drone team left although wouldn't it have made sense to engage their services for a longer period of time?

13 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

A few thoughts. First, to my eyes it looked odd as the thumb did not appear to be extended; rather, it appeared curled under. That's certainly possible but it would be preferred to address questions. Second, they spoke how large the hand print looked yet presented nothing by which to compare it to for size analysis. I always have a tailor's tape measure in my chest pack. Why wasn't a dollar bill or something used to offer a benchmark of size?

I'm guessing the scanner they use calculates measurement to the fraction of a inch/millimeter. If so, it would have been helpful to have those measurements. Was the forefinger 6" long, 3", 8"?  It left me wondering and that's not a good thing.

In that same episode, I was impressed with the fixed-wing drone.  No doubt it is a very expensive piece of equipment especially when you add the 3 cameras.  I wondered why it wasn't used to follow the object that dissapeared over the top of the glacier or to follow the objects that were seen moving behind trees on the hand thermals.  Maybe the drone team left although wouldn't it have made sense to engage their services for a longer period of time?

I see the thumb it just looks really short. Or it’s a partial print. I also thought it would be a perfect opportunity to take a E DNA sample.

I was impressed with the drone too. But the helicopter they hired after the drone was from Juneau. They made it seem like they simply crossed the strait from POW Island to the main land. And now they are up by Juneau? That didn’t make sense to me.

IMG_1383.jpeg

Your idea of eDNA for the handprint is an excellent one. I didn't think of it as I was watching. Curious why they didn't extract it.

It would be interesting to know why they chose POW Island. Apparently there are no coastal brown bears there, only black bears, which is surprising. Maybe it was chosen because it is a relatively large island with very little human population (only 6,400). That affords the opportunity for a sasquatch to move about with little intervention.

Two islands north, on Admiralty Island (aka Kootznoowoo), there are the largest brown bears on earth. I think when Bradley Trevor Greive, Johnny Legg and Alvon Johnson did their expedition they found, measured, and documented a fresh 23"-24" rear footprint of a bear called Grandfather.  Now that's a bear!

Edited by wiiawiwb
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

Your idea of eDNA for the handprint is an excellent one. I didn't think of it as I was watching. Curious why they didn't extract it.

It would be interesting to know why they chose POW Island. Apparently there are no coastal brown bears there, only black bears, which is surprising. Maybe it was chosen because it is a relatively large island with very little human population (only 6,400). That affords the opportunity for a sasquatch to move about with little intervention.

Two islands north, on Admiralty Island (aka Kootznoowoo), there are the largest brown bears on earth. I think when Bradley Trevor Greive, Johnny Legg and Alvon Johnson did their expedition they found, measured, and documented a fresh 23"-24" rear footprint of a bear called Grandfather.  Now that's a bear!

Thanks. Maybe they did?

I shot a black bear on POW Island. It’s got a good road system. I think they choose POW because of the upside down trees? But if you cross to the “mainland” (because most of them are islands to the east) you’re crossing right at Thorne bay which was where I was. The only problem I see is there isn’t any glaciers close by there.

Their story line doesn’t add up. And then the helo from Juneau?

IMG_1386.jpeg

6 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

.......It would be interesting to know why they chose POW Island. Apparently there are no coastal brown bears there, only black bears, which is surprising. Maybe it was chosen because it is a relatively large island with very little human population (only 6,400). That affords the opportunity for a sasquatch to move about with little intervention.........

Along with Revillagigedo Island (the island that Ketchikan is on), POW has a very long, deep, and documented history of sasquatch reports. Rob Alley did an excellent job documenting the area's history. Also, like Norse wrote, it has an extensive road network created and left by the logging industry, era 1920's-1980's, thus it's cheaper and better access than paying air taxi operators or trudging through montane rainforest. Finally, I'm very confident that rainforest habitat free of brown bears is better sasquatch habitat than rainforest with those monsters constantly hunting your baby sasquatches.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1