Is The Skookum Cast Still Considered To Be A Potential Bigfoot Lay?

Since there were no tracks of bigfoot leading into the lay, and palm prints where it lowered itself into an awkward position to reach for a piece of fruit, then more prints leading away from the partial cast, why not demand pictures of helicopters airlifting a Bigfoot out?  

It seems that wand-waving away objections to concerns of about evidence would be the earmark of a scofftic.

As a forest ninja bigfoot can spring 10 feet from a prone position hence the lack of footprints. You would know this if you acquainted yourself with the evidence

Hi DWA,

Right or wrong I'm free to think what I want and so are you.

Until proven otherwise. The most logical explanation too me for the maker of the Skookum Cast impression is an elk.

post-20074-0-95911900-1438963201.jpg

Looking at the picture in post 704 I can't see how they cast the impression without getting an elf print in it.

Do the original reports mention no elk tracks or did that come after the elk issue was raised.

^^

Well presumably, the bigfoot or elk crushed the elf and stomped over all the elf prints.  :-)

I believe that the answer lays in not casting the entire imprint and not photographically documenting the entire area (in a forensic sense) accounts for that.  Probably can't fault the original investigators as I don't believe that any of them were trained in what is essentially crime or accident scene documentation.  

Actually a new thread (or finding an old thread) on the basics of photographically documenting evidence would greatly benefit lay investigators like myself. 

Guest Crowlogic

Wrong idea.  Big waste of time and money.

Better idea:

Some skeptic show me Swindler was wrong, or just put up video/photos of elk levitating, or whatever they do getting up in a way no other animal can.

When the straw man is ablaze the bigfooter makes a plea to authority.

Hi DWA,

Until proven otherwise. The most logical explanation too me for the maker of the Skookum Cast impression is an elk.

attachicon.gifSkookum Elk.jpg

It looks pretty obvious as to what made the cast,

Guest Stan Norton

Yowie, sorry...off topic but couldn't resist!

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/the-ashes/the-ashes-2015-a-cricketing-disaster-by-numbers-20150806-gitktg.html

With regard to hair, has anyone asked a primatologist whether apes are as prone to shed hair as either bear or elk? Maybe apes don't shed hair as readily? Also, might the putative abundance of elk hair be accounted for by other scenarios? Do elk scratch themselves regularly? Is their pelage prone to mange or other conditions that may account for excess hair loss? Was it moult time? These seem like sensible sceptical questions to ask if one is in fact interested in the truth. Inform yourselves, then provide informed opinion. We might all learn something.

Another thing that hopefully was done was a hair comparison in the cast itself (Not something you could do with a photo). If it is a good cast, hair will imprint itself. I know because I have done so with cougar tracks. The hair imprinted around the retracted claws between the toes. The comparison could be done with a small cast of a verified elk imprint in a wallow, such as I mentioned in a post I made above. Also, elk hair could be compared for coarseness and length with any imprints in the skookum cast. If it doesn't compare to elk, try bear fur. If nothing matches then that narrows down the possibilities.

The age of the elk tracks in the area is also important; and that can't be determined by looking at a photo. Someone with tracking skills should have been able to determine that. That's where before and after photos would be great. You know, hindsight is 20/20.

One thing I find interesting is what the BFRO decided to do here:

They wrote: "It's not a stretch to think this rather intelligent primate species would not want to leave its distinctive tracks at a spot where hunters would likely pass by. If these animals have been avoiding confrontations with humans for thousands of years, might this behavior -- avoidance of leaving distinctive footprints -- be an ancient survival strategy?"

Since when did Bigfoot start caring about leaving footprints?

So now Bigfoot has an "ancient survival strategy" where it deliberately tries not to leave footprints- yet the history of Bigfoot is littered with giant footprints. That's why it's friggin nickname is Bigfoot, remember? Not much of a strategy is it?

No, in order for this impression to be from a Bigfoot, they had to rewrite the Bigfoot story to fit it.

They wanted so bad for this to be a Bigfoot impression that they sat there and created this new image of Bigfoot that's super stealthy and uncomfortable about leaving footprints anywhere. How else would they explain away the absence of tracks? It doesn't matter that the history of Bigfoot has always been focused around the giant footprints, or that Meldrum has hundreds of foot castings in his office. This is the birth of the new and improved Bigfoot that people would start using from this point forward - Ninja Warrior Bigfoot.

Edited by roguefooter
  • Upvote 1

Hi DWA,

attachicon.gifSkookum Elk.jpg

So looking at the elk red line picture (evidently skeptics only like red lines and not red circles) how did the elk stand up without leaving hoof prints? Ill even give you guys a pass with the front and back hooves closest to the picture that they some how didnt register with the casting because they cut it to close. What about the off side hooves that didnt register? Imagine that cast as being muddy earth. Seems to me that if the elk stood up on that patch of ground? The last act that animal does in the process of gathering itself under its own weight and standing up? And walking off with its hooves IS registering hoof prints.

I dont believe in Pegasus Elk at all, Sasquatch some and I know Bear exist.

They wrote: "It's not a stretch to think this rather intelligent primate species would not want to leave its distinctive tracks at a spot where hunters would likely pass by. If these animals have been avoiding confrontations with humans for thousands of years, might this behavior -- avoidance of leaving distinctive footprints -- be an ancient survival strategy?"

Bigwallace3.jpg

Edited by kitakaze

So now Bigfoot has an "ancient survival strategy" where it deliberately tries not to leave footprints- yet the history of Bigfoot is littered with giant footprints. That's why it's friggin nickname is Bigfoot, remember? Not much of a strategy is it?

No, in order for this impression to be from a Bigfoot, they had to rewrite the Bigfoot story to fit it.

They wanted so bad for this to be a Bigfoot impression that they sat there and created this new image of Bigfoot that's super stealthy and uncomfortable about leaving footprints anywhere. How else would they explain away the absence of tracks? It doesn't matter that the history of Bigfoot has always been focused around the giant footprints, or that Meldrum has hundreds of foot castings in his office. This is the birth of the new and improved Bigfoot that people would start using from this point forward - Ninja Warrior Bigfoot.

Mind you I'm not defending their intelligent being hypothesis.

But in 50 years? We dont have a lot of foot casts for this creature...............especially if you contrast it with a mundane creature such as an Elk.

Guest Crowlogic

Bigfootism is like a Bob Ross painting.  You can make it any way you want it, it's your world.  If you make the wrong brush stroke just turn it into a tree,  make a happy tree out of it.

But a anthropologist of Swindler's reputation stating a large biped made it? Because of the heel imprint? Is better than most reports from a proponents point of view you understand.

Absolutely. Swindler was a bigfoot dismissing anthropologist who worked on the Ted Bundy and Green River cases. In fact it was Swindler's expertise that proved there were 3 victims of Bundy at the Issaquah dump site and not just the 2 Lake Sammamish victims. His knowledge of anatomy was stellar.

Swindler was and remains, despite his passing, a man of high expertise and repute. We can't dismiss his testimony just like that. Sorry, can't be done. Least of all by laymen internet experts of absolutely zero repute, nor by somebody who looks at rocks for a living either.

I'm on the fence about it but nothing has proven it's just an elk lay. Nothing.

Edited by Neanderfoot

Mind you I'm not defending their intelligent being hypothesis.

But in 50 years? We dont have a lot of foot casts for this creature...............especially if you contrast it with a mundane creature such as an Elk.

Why would I compare it to a common animal like an elk? We're not talking about a common animal- far from it.

Several hundred foot castings and several thousand reported tracks and photos is a lot. That doesn't sound to me like any creature with an "ancient survival strategy" of not leaving footprints. That story sounds completely fabricated for the purpose of validating their evidence.

• masterbarber unpinned this topic