The Russians Seem Confident + Time Article On Russian Bigfoot

BobbyO

Seems like to me these same "scientists" and enthusiasts find evidence of bigfoot everywhere they go. I've yet to see any of their findings turn out to be more than mere speculation, and innuendo. Proponents often claim that there are no "real scientists" looking into this phenomenon - yet clearly there are and have been for some time. They still have the same results - or rather lack there of. I continue to wonder how long they can claim something is bigfoot evidence without ever having shown a bigfoot to exist to begin with. Seems to be a popular trend in bigfooting "science". Also seems to me these same individuals profit from this.

Edited by 127

Coleman's view:

"Over the last two days, the international media has picked up on releases from those conducting the Snowmen conference in Siberia. Reports began to circulate that “Yeti hunters claim to have discovered ‘indisputable proof’ of the fabled beast after grey hair was found in a remote Russian cave.†Elsewhere, for example, it was noted that “The local administration of the Kemerovo region confirmed on its website that ‘indisputable proof’ has been found that confirms the Yeti, also known as Abominable Snowman, exists. What’s prompted this? Well, they found footprints, his alleged bed and possible hair samples.â€

In far away Australia, the news was headlined “A Yeti in Siberia? ‘We’re 95 per cent sure,’ say scientists.â€

The official Russian press release said: “During the expedition to the Azasskaya cave, conference participants gathered indisputable proof that the Shoria mountains are inhabited by the ‘Snow Man.’â€

To see the phrase “indisputable proof†spread like wildfire has been unfortunate, for there is no zoological or anthropological proof of anything. It appears the conference organizers or the cryptotourism officials of Kemerovo or both were so interested in putting a good spin on the results of their “expedition†that they have overblown the results.

These exaggerated Siberian Snowmen claims are not good for cryptozoology. There is no reason to overdo what has been found merely to make an entertaining news story.

Yeti-Sightings-are-on-the-rise-in-Siberia.jpeg"

http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/exaggerated/

Guest RedRatSnake

Don't bother George, there is no other Thread on the Forum these days that is an attempt to engage in constructive conversation, that doesn't have these kind of " Jokes " in them so i don't see why this should be any different.. :)

Hi

Thats because some of the things posted here as evidence for a BF are laughable

Tim :)

The means

"To see the phrase “indisputable proof†spread like wildfire has been unfortunate, for there is no zoological or anthropological proof of anything. It appears the conference organizers or the cryptotourism officials of Kemerovo or both were so interested in putting a good spin on the results of their “expedition†that they have overblown the results."

To an end

"Kemerovo region's Shoria is a sparsely populated territory in Western Siberia that has historically been a territory of coal and metal mining.

The region, the administrative center of Kuznetsk coal basin, has pursued the elusive Yeti for several years as it tries to develop tourism into its mostly industrial economy."

Sounds like an exciting, action packed adventure...! Borscht anyone ???

Art

Hi

Thats because some of the things posted here as evidence for a BF are laughable

Tim :)

Not to mention, some of the things posted here - especially when we are told "Just wait! Great evidence / documentary to follow! I promise!" - seem just too good to be true....

....they kinda give me that sinking GLH feeling...

Edited by slabdog

Here is a website that shows some photos. If you click on "read more" you can see the photos. There are some cool photos on there, but the one of the footprint does not look too convincing. Also, there is only one footprint and the ground looks soft.

My link

If you scroll down there is also a video and Meldrum mentions that there should be more than one footprint. The photos and video are worth checking out.

Guest parnassus
The vast Siberian tundra holds untold mysteries, from once-secret nuclear installations to alleged UFO crash sites.

Now, a team of scientists insist they are "95%" sure that Russia's wintry expanse is home to the mythical yeti, otherwise known as the abominable snowman.

More than a dozen scientists and yeti enthusiasts flew in from Canada, Estonia, Sweden and the US to exchange findings with their Russian counterparts at a day-long conference in the town of Tashtagol, some 2,000 miles east of Moscow in the Kemerovo region. Locals there have reported an increase in sightings of a creature in recent years.

A subsequent two-day expedition to the region's Azassky cave and Karatag peak over the weekend "collected irrefutable evidence" of the yeti's existence there, the Kemerovo government said in a statement. "In one of the detected tracks, Russian scientist Anatoly Fokin noted several hairs that might belong to the yeti," it added. Scientists also found footprints, a presumed bed and various other markers.

"Conference participants came to the conclusion that the artefacts found give 95% evidence of the habitation of the 'snow man' on Kemerovo region territory," the statement said.

"I know they exist - I see them every day," conference participant, Robin Lynn, said by telephone from Kemerovo. She insists she has a family of 10 yeti-like creatures living on her land in the US state of Michigan.

Evidence of yeti life has allegedly been found in the Himalayas and North America – where the creature is know as sasquatch, or bigfoot. John Binderangel, a Canadian wildlife biologist who has been studying the yeti for 30 years, said the Siberian expedition offered further proof of the beast's existence.

"We were shown some twisted willow branches that are referred to as markers - they were convincing evidence of this hominoid," he said. "There were also some tracks, but we're not quite sure what to make of them."

Conference participants called for the launch of a campaign to "work out a more serious relationship [to the yeti] in society and mass media", the Kemerovo government said. They also proposed opening a university research centre.

The Kemerovo government has hosted a number of stunts aimed at boosting the region's reputation as a yeti centre. Last month, it welcomed former heavyweight boxing champion Nikolai Valuev, as the 7ft "beast from the east" went on his own search for the creature. He reportedly failed.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=448041

More than a dozen scientists and yeti enthusiasts flew in from Canada, Estonia, Sweden and the US to exchange findings with their Russian counterparts at a day-long conference in the town of Tashtagol, some 2,000 miles east of Moscow in the Kemerovo region. Locals there have reported an increase in sightings of a creature in recent years.

A subsequent two-day expedition to the region's Azassky cave and Karatag peak over the weekend "collected irrefutable evidence" of the yeti's existence there, the Kemerovo government said in a statement. "In one of the detected tracks, Russian scientist Anatoly Fokin noted several hairs that might belong to the yeti," it added. Scientists also found footprints, a presumed bed and various other markers.

"Conference participants came to the conclusion that the artefacts found give 95% evidence of the habitation of the 'snow man' on Kemerovo region territory," the statement said.

"I know they exist - I see them every day," conference participant, Robin Lynn, said by telephone from Kemerovo. She insists she has a family of 10 yeti-like creatures living on her land in the US state of Michigan.

Evidence of yeti life has allegedly been found in the Himalayas and North America – where the creature is know as sasquatch, or bigfoot. John Binderangel, a Canadian wildlife biologist who has been studying the yeti for 30 years, said the Siberian expedition offered further proof of the beast's existence.

"We were shown some twisted willow branches that are referred to as markers - they were convincing evidence of this hominoid," he said. "There were also some tracks, but we're not quite sure what to make of them."

Conference participants called for the launch of a campaign to "work out a more serious relationship [to the yeti] in society and mass media", the Kemerovo government said. They also proposed opening a university research centre.

The Kemerovo government has hosted a number of stunts aimed at boosting the region's reputation as a yeti centre. Last month, it welcomed former heavyweight boxing champion Nikolai Valuev, as the 7ft "beast from the east" went on his own search for the creature. He reportedly failed.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=448041

Quote:

According to Cryptomundo: Robin Lynne Pfeifer, bigfoot contactee for two years in Michigan, USA....Review of her observations, reported by Igor Burtsev who had stayed with her in Michigan...

It will be correct to describe the Snowman as our neighbour because it exists concurrently with us, says director of International Hominology Centre in Moscow, Igor Burtsaev.

“We have concluded that these living beings are in principle human beings because they can even talk and communicate with people. They are another species that differ from us, of course. Yetis are well adapted to nature. Their life style is similar to that of animals. They do not use tools, clothes or fire but are quite intelligent. They have their own weapons – paranormal capabilities, which have helped them to survive and even compete with humans. They have shifted to another dimension – crepuscular life and live in not easily accessible places,†Igor Burtsaev said.

http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/siberia-conf/

Edited by parnassus

Guest krakatoa

"footprints... possible hair samples... purported nest" = "indisputable proof" and "95% certain"?

My borscht detector is pegging the red-line.

It would amuse me greatly if they bring one in. I want to watch the scientific community try to figure out how the square peg fits, and see who is still adamant that there could not be such a hominid in America.

Interesting pics, the one thing I can say is that the bed/nest structure is very similar to what I have photographed here in Australia

Guest Sasquatch Fan 89

I really have no opinion on it, just seems like they are trying to increase tourism. Sure they found some little stuff, but it's just that: little stuff. They try to make it out like they found bones, a body, or found out where they gather ect. I think it's just kind of silly.

Edited by Sasquatch Fan 89

I really have no opinion on it, just seems like they are trying to increase tourism. Sure they found some little stuff, but it's just that: little stuff. They try to make it out like they found bones, a body, or found out where they gather ect. I think it's just kind of silly.

Tourism...maybe..

Hmm ......wolverines, the largest species of tiger on earth that has killed literally hundreds, bears that kill their own researchers bi-annualy it seems and now Yeti/Squatch....now THAT's a vacation worth dying for!! :rock: Sign me up!

Psst!, Hey I saw a yeti, he's right here in this bush behind me, come check it out!...that's right.....just a little closer tavarish

post-2298-044316100 1318365795_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tautriadelta

Guest FootDude
Scientists and yeti enthusiasts believe there may finally be solid evidence that the apelike creature roams the vast Siberian tundra, reports the Guardian.

A team of a dozen-plus experts from as far afield as Canada and Sweden have proclaimed themselves 95% certain of the mythical animal's existence after a daylong conference in the town of Tashtagol in the Kemerovo region, some 2,000 miles east of Moscow. In recent years, locals there have reported sightings of the yeti, also known as the abominable snowman.

(LIST: Top 10 Famous Mysterious Monsters)

The Kemerovo government announced on Oct. 10 that a two-day expedition the previous weekend to the region's Azassky cave and Karatag peak "collected irrefutable evidence" of yetis' existence on the wintry plateau.

"Conference participants came to the conclusion that the artifacts found give 95% evidence of the habitation of the 'snow man' on Kemerovo region territory," read a statement. "In one of the detected tracks, Russian scientist Anatoly Fokin noted several hairs that might belong to the yeti," it added. The group also discovered footprints, a presumed bed and various other markers.

The scientific community has historically disputed the existence of the yeti given scant conclusive evidence. But numerous sightings of such creatures have been reported in Himalayan countries and in North America, where it is known as Sasquatch, or bigfoot.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/10/11/scientists-95-sure-bigfoot-lives-in-russian-tundra/