Enoch

Guest Primate

Guest HairyGreek

It has done more harm than good for the bigfoot research/community because of how the author took at face value the word of someone she didn't know who was presenting an outlandish tale.

I can't help but point out that nothing "outlandish" hurts Bigfoot research since the whole idea is outlandish to begin with. This is my same problem with folks getting upset about paranormal proponants having an opinion on the matter. Ask people like Parn and Saskeptic.

"Enoch" isn't going to hurt ongoing research into Bigfoot. The very fact that someone brings BF up is enough to sour science towards the discovery. Get used to the fact that unless someone stumbles over a corpse or shoots one of these things or the DNA thing is so air-tight that no one can dispute it (which doesn't sound likely) we may as well all believe these things are stepping out of UFOs like the other thread out there talks about. Bigfoot just for what it is, is it's own worst enemy to research.

You can't just clean up the Sasquatch image by getting away from what the people in the know about the subject feel is fantastic. It is all fantastic to the average person (including scientists). Again, get used to it.

Edited by HairyGreek
  • Upvote 1

BFF Patron
I can't help but point out that nothing "outlandish" hurts Bigfoot research since the whole idea is outlandish to begin with. This is my same problem with folks getting upset about paranormal proponents having an opinion on the matter.

Yep, big plus one from me on this.

SSR Team

While reading the other thread, I got the impression that you are AW. Am I correct in that assumption?

Me ?? AW ??

:lol:

I'm 6ft, covered in Tatoo's, have a zillion Scars over my Body & Shaved head from various Fights, a Nose that has been broken 4 times, i speak with a stronger accent than Vinnie Jones & i have Testicles, i am NOT AW.. :D

SSR Team

Actually it has turned out. It hasn't advanced the research (assuming there's anything left in bigfoot lore to research). It has done more harm than good for the bigfoot research/community because of how the author took at face value the word of someone she didn't know who was presenting an outlandish tale. If I'm not mistaken "Mike" has been uncovered to be something of a loose cannon and hardly star witness material. So in the end the book adds to the laughing stock mentality that harsh critics of bigfoot research/community frequently take aim at.

Crow, i love you dearly, but none of what you wrote there is true.. :)

I'm 6ft, covered in Tatoo's, have a zillion Scars over my Body & Shaved head from various Fights, a Nose that has been broken 4 times, i speak with a stronger accent than Vinnie Jones & i have Testicles, i am NOT AW.. :D

Holy crap BobbyO. You just described me.

(With the exception of living in South Carolina, which gives me an accent closer to Sam Elliott.)

Back on topic, I loved Enoch.

Autumn, if you're reading this, please start shopping the book to film producers. This would make an awesome movie!

BFF Patron

The suggestion was made the Mike/Swamp Bandit and AW were the same person.

Pretty good cell phone ruse at the Oregon BF Symposium that year then....and,

quite the gender dilemma!

Guest Cervelo

Pretty good cell phone ruse at the Oregon BF Symposium that year then....and,

quite the gender dilemma!

I'm pretty sure I know where you stand on this and I am confident you know where I stand so.... I just was trying to clarify not restart that whole thing again you will have to find someone else to play with sorry :)

I can't help but point out that nothing "outlandish" hurts Bigfoot research since the whole idea is outlandish to begin with.

The thing that's outlandish to me, is that all this "research" is supposedly going on & yet almost none of the researchers are noticing that there is something "highly strange" going on with the BFs?????

I have to wonder if these researchers can truly be missing all this, or if they are just afraid to admit it because they can't take the ridicule.

If they are seeing it, & won't talk about it, for whatever reasons, aren't they hurting "research" themselves? ;)

Edited by Sasfooty

Guest HairyGreek

Well Sasfooty, I think Alpinist who considers himself a Bigfoot researcher would disagree with you. He thinks a lot of "high strangeness" goes on and claims to know other researchers see as well, while writing it off. You should see his more recent posts in the supernatural thread.

Guest StankApe

Hmmm, well how to put this.... Ahh, I tend to think that people get out of these sorts of encounters what they bring into them. If you believe that Bigfoot has some spiritual powers and that ,by seeing him/her, that you have become empowered or enlightened well, you are going to believe that.

The first time I ever saw a really large Mako Shark fishing off the wells in the Gulf I was just shocked and amazed how enormous and lightning fast they were in the water. Another person who was in this same trip had a very different sort of terrified reaction (and I believe has never gone out fishing on the Gulf again). We both had different experiences in regards to the same event. But both of these reactions were personal and had little ,if anything, to do with the shark. It's still just a shark swimming around trying to find supper.

What I'm trying to say, is that though an INDIVIDUAL may find some deep seated emotional awakening/connection with a Bigfoot when encountering them. That doesn't give the animal itself any sort of supernatural and/or spiritual powers...

My 3 and a half cents...

HG, I said "almost none" & wasn't talking about Alpinist. I was talking about the ones that know there's something unexplainable about them, but refuse to admit it publicly "because it might hurt bigfoot research".

What a crock!!!

Edited by Sasfooty

I spoke privately with "Mike" a few times. I read the book after I started having my experiences with "them". Too much was said in the book that was so. No I'm not gonna pick it apart to explain what in the book in fact relates to them. The guy in the book knew his stuff, and this knowledge wasn't gleened from reading it elsewhere. It isn't written down. Only someone who has had similar experience with them could know. There is also way more that neither he or Autumn put in the book.

After the year I have had, experiencing these people at close range, and thier behaviors, and attitudes, and the way they have acted toward me, I say the book is an accurate depiction of what "SwampBandit" experienced over a period of several years in a Fl. swamp.

Ridicule away, speak badly of those not present to hear it, what ever makes you feel good. My spouse and other family members know what I say to be so.

People who do read the book, and are serious about the research, keep what you have read in mind. A lot of it actually applies. Your approach to them has to change if you want direct contact. Trust in you, is what they have to have. And your respect, particularly in regard to thier space. Part of the message is in the book. You have to decide whether you want to believe it's true, or pure fiction. A closed mind will get you nowhere. -Knuck

Edited by grayjay
1B Forum Rules

Guest StankApe

If you have contact with em, take a video! Take a picture! Please convince me!!! (and I'm being serious here not trying to provoke you). I want to see some evidence with my own two peepers. I don't have the bread to go traipsing around the PNW. How hard can getting a secret picture be? heck people sneak into all sorts of places with hidden cameras all the time!