Why the Forest Service has kept Sasquatch "under wraps" ......... a secret.

georgerm

While most people believe this Ape Man to be a thing of folklore and urban legend, researcher Thaddeus Guttenberg, with the U.S. Forest Service Mythical Wildlife Division, recently confirmed that Bigfoot is as real as he is...............................“We’ve been keeping its existence under wraps for years to protect its privacy,” said Guttenberg. “But because the country is losing more and more open space each day, we wanted to make it known that the habitat to one of America’s greatest legends may be at risk.”  

https://www.fs.usda.gov/features/loss-space-threatening-north-american-sasquatch

• Thanks 1

georgerm, with all due respect, and sincerely so, that was a link that was given to me by the USFS at the outset of my inquiry with them last Spring. The date of the article is April Fool's Day. I had already read that article when it first came out way back so I didn't go to the link but instead stayed the course. Offering that link to someone's inquiry (of which I'm sure they get a lot of) was probably meant to get rid of 99% of the people doing the inquiry, like novices, etc.

Edited by hiflier

2 hours ago, hiflier said:

.........that was a link that was given to me by the USFS at the outset of my inquiry with them last Spring........

And precisely the kind of disinformation act we've all come to expect from government in every field. So USDA published the page, then USFW sends you a link to it...........meaning they communicate about it. 

Now ask them about their actions, reviews, and position on the PG film, shot on National Forest lands, before photography required permits, reviewed by multiple scientists of multiple disciplines, none of whom have ruled it a fraud, and which continues to be studied. Ask if USDA has studied the film, and if not, why not?

Enjoy the sounds of the crickets chirping............

• Upvote 2

Yes, it’s an April Fools Joke by the USFS. 

They introduce their “Forests on the edge” initiative after proclaiming “the part of the story that’s no joking matter”.

45 minutes ago, norseman said:

........They introduce their “Forests on the edge” initiative after proclaiming “the part of the story that’s no joking matter”.

Most amazingly, the words "climate change" are not included.

But note their examples of sightings.......no mention of the PG film.......

2 hours ago, Huntster said:

And precisely the kind of disinformation act we've all come to expect from government in every field. So USDA published the page, then USFW sends you a link to it...........meaning they communicate about it. 

Now ask them about their actions, reviews, and position on the PG film, shot on National Forest lands, before photography required permits, reviewed by multiple scientists of multiple disciplines, none of whom have ruled it a fraud, and which continues to be studied. Ask if USDA has studied the film, and if not, why not?

Enjoy the sounds of the crickets chirping............

Sorry, I don't get the joke. It's not funny if the USDA and the Forest Service are trying to downplan bigfoot by making fun of it.  Are they trying to take the heat off by saying Sasquatch is real on April Fools Day. So Joe public is left holding the bag. 

I boiling over with our Defense Department not telling us UFOs are real and and all along our military has been working with aliens.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, georgerm said:

.........Are they trying to take the heat off by saying Sasquatch is real on April Fools Day. So Joe public is left holding the bag......... 

Playing with the subject with an attempted humorous April Fools statement, which made the sasquatch phenomenon look silly while simultaneously attempts to instill fear that the forest is in great peril from human development, is (and should be) exactly what we can and should expect from a government that routinely manipulates the public with such disinformation. 

Again, notice that they referred to either phony or silly sasquatch reports in their story while completely ignoring the PG film event. I challenge anybody to produce any official statement at all from either the federal government or California state government about the PG film at any point in the 56 years since the filming.

There is none. Zip. Nada. Zero. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hiflier said:

georgerm, with all due respect, and sincerely so, that was a link that was given to me by the USFS at the outset of my inquiry with them last Spring. The date of the article is April Fool's Day. I had already read that article when it first came out way back so I didn't go to the link but instead stayed the course. Offering that link to someone's inquiry (of which I'm sure they get a lot of) was probably meant to get rid of 99% of the people doing the inquiry, like novices, etc.

IIRC, a member of this forum who works in DNA research commented that the first Sasquatch type sample submitted for DNA testing was summited on April 1st.

The 'sample' was garbage. Many have forgotten the term 'garbage in......garbage out'.

Edited by Catmandoo
text

4 hours ago, Chim Chim said:

Don’t miss the video:

I couldn’t make it to the end of that video, but I got their point:  ‘It’s all fun and games until everybody gets their arms ripped off by a Bigfoot, or an Alien?  😆 jj

14 hours ago, xspider1 said:

I couldn’t make it to the end of that video, but I got their point:  ‘It’s all fun and games until everybody gets their arms ripped off by a Bigfoot, or an Alien?  😆 jj

That's it........ all fun and games. It's no joking matter when people turn up missing in the forest. Children have been kidnapped and some are found miles away high in the mountains with no explanation of how they got there. Our Forest Service at the highest agency levels poo poos Bigfoot while hikers return with missing arms and legs while bigfoot has blood on its face. Windigo or Bigfoot is a carnivore just like cougars and bears, but are smart enough to bury hiker's remains. Do they contemplate search parties looking for the abducted? 

How can we choke the truth from federal biologist who probably supress and say mum about bigfoot while they make $120 grand per year. 

"How many hikers go missing in national parks? People are going missing in national parks and North American wilderness areas. A 2019 documentary, Missing 411: The Hunted, reports as many as 1,200 individuals have disappeared, but also admits that number may be under-reported.Sep 5, 2023" 

On 9/23/2023 at 7:54 AM, georgerm said:

That's it........ all fun and games. It's no joking matter when people turn up missing in the forest. Children have been kidnapped and some are found miles away high in the mountains with no explanation of how they got there. Our Forest Service at the highest agency levels poo poos Bigfoot while hikers return with missing arms and legs while bigfoot has blood on its face. Windigo or Bigfoot is a carnivore just like cougars and bears, but are smart enough to bury hiker's remains. Do they contemplate search parties looking for the abducted? 

How can we choke the truth from federal biologist who probably supress and say mum about bigfoot while they make $120 grand per year. 

"How many hikers go missing in national parks? People are going missing in national parks and North American wilderness areas. A 2019 documentary, Missing 411: The Hunted, reports as many as 1,200 individuals have disappeared, but also admits that number may be under-reported.Sep 5, 2023" 

Why would a hungry squatch just stop with an arm or leg? Why wouldn't they just eat the whole helpless hiker? Why bury the poor unfortunate soul when nature will remove a body faster enough? 
If I were a Squatch and I contemplated search parties, I think I'd tell my hairy buddies, "Eat one and even more will show up and we'll all eat." 

And as far as people disappearing in the woods goes, i chalk that up to carelessness and accidents more than Bigfoot. One misstep and a broken leg or a fall into a ditch and it's "see you next spring".

• Upvote 1