Why the Forest Service has kept Sasquatch "under wraps" ......... a secret.

georgerm

I know a guy who was a high school state wrestling champ. As a rather crazy adult, he shot a caribou bull in the head with a 22, and it went down. It was motionless. He walks up to it, grabs its antler, and it comes alive. He had quite the wrestling match. He finished killing it with his knife. Caribou bulls weigh @ 400-450 lbs.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Huntster said:

I know a guy who was a high school state wrestling champ. As a rather crazy adult, he shot a caribou bull in the head with a 22, and it went down. It was motionless. He walks up to it, grabs its antler, and it comes alive. He had quite the wrestling match. He finished killing it with his knife. Caribou bulls weigh @ 400-450 lbs.

I read an eye witness report about a Bigfoot stalking and taking out a large buck deer. It charged the deer from behind by rushing low and on all fours.  It has a technique of breaking the neck by pulling the head towards the tail.

This video describes another method bigfoot uses when catching smaller deer in my opinion.  

I’m not saying it’s impossible to do for a BF, but I’d be surprised to find it’s common practice.  My only reasoning being risk/reward.    A BF in dire need of a meal sure, but when other food sources are more readily available, why risk the potential injury??   A broken arm or leg for a BF could be a death sentence.  Just speculation on my part obviously.  

If infrasound can stun a deer or elk for a short time then can a bigfoot safely attack and not be injured? Bigfoot using infrasound may be like a cop using a stun gun to take down a criminal.

32 minutes ago, georgerm said:

I read an eye witness report about a Bigfoot stalking and taking out a large buck deer. It charged the deer from behind by rushing low and on all fours.  It has a technique of breaking the neck by pulling the head towards the tail.

This might be legit.   A friend has a side-hustle working on a ranch not far away.   He had a sighting on the upper edge of the property .. took me there, showed me the layout, put me where the BF was (THAT had an interesting feel to it, hard to 'splain).  By my rangefinder it was 74 feet from him with an unobstructed view both ways.    Anyways, the "ranch" has several barns not far from the house and they've found dead deer with their necks broken and often with one back leg broken in the barns on several occasions.   The damage from the kill is consistent with what you describe and the skeletons are found with the head twisted strongly backwards toward the tail.    (On the flip side, I also recall that as the tendons in the back muscles tighen/dry after death, they pull the head backwards, so we shouldn't read TOO much into it.   The breakage is probably the more important factor.)

Edit to add: Yes, infrasound might be being used that way.    Given personal experience with the effects .. definitely COULD be whether it is or not.   Can't rationally count it out.

MIB

On 9/22/2023 at 9:17 AM, georgerm said:

“We’ve been keeping its existence under wraps for years to protect its privacy,” 

The idea the Government or the Forrest Service or some other entity of the people knows Bigfoot is real and is keeping it quiet is a bridge too far for me.   This assume these groups are competent enough to keep their secrets quiet but this quote above proves this is a fallacy. 

Granted I don't know if Bigfoot is real or not but- if real- I can't go there.  What would be so special about some near extinct animal the government would need to keep under wraps?  If for instance Bigfoot was being made by some mad government scientists to create a super army while would this same government even let one out of the cage?   A government that wants to keep the existence a secret would have a way to track and kill it. 

The Island of Dr. Moreau - vpro cinema - VPRO

If Bigfoot is just some animal like the condor this same government would pass laws at the federal level to precent the killing of such an animal.   

If don't see the need or motivation for the 'government' to keep Bigfoot under wraps.   Why wasn't Patty under wraps.  Was she on parole?    I don't get it.   

When you need the planets to line up a certain way to make something plausible it generally means it isn't likely.

The simple explanation is Bigfoot is some ape-like animal near extinct.  This explanation would account for nearly every sighting and report.  It would account for the evidence as we know it and not require any wishful thinking.   

I don't know if Bigfoot is real or not.  But Bigfoot is -for me - in no way anything above and beyond the classic rare north American primate.  

37 minutes ago, Backdoc said:

The idea the Government or the Forrest Service or some other entity of the people knows Bigfoot is real and is keeping it quiet is a bridge too far for me.   This assume these groups are competent enough to keep their secrets quiet but this quote above proves this is a fallacy. 

Granted I don't know if Bigfoot is real or not but- if real- I can't go there.  What would be so special about some near extinct animal the government would need to keep under wraps?  If for instance Bigfoot was being made by some mad government scientists to create a super army while would this same government even let one out of the cage?   A government that wants to keep the existence a secret would have a way to track and kill it. 

The Island of Dr. Moreau - vpro cinema - VPRO

If Bigfoot is just some animal like the condor this same government would pass laws at the federal level to precent the killing of such an animal.   

If don't see the need or motivation for the 'government' to keep Bigfoot under wraps.   Why wasn't Patty under wraps.  Was she on parole?    I don't get it.   

When you need the planets to line up a certain way to make something plausible it generally means it isn't likely.

The simple explanation is Bigfoot is some ape-like animal near extinct.  This explanation would account for nearly every sighting and report.  It would account for the evidence as we know it and not require any wishful thinking.   

I don't know if Bigfoot is real or not.  But Bigfoot is -for me - in no way anything above and beyond the classic rare north American primate.  

They have analyzed the same evidence you have and came to the opposite conclusion. 🧐

Why for 60 plus years were UFO’s delusions and swamp gas according to the government.🤷🏻‍♂️

There could be a myriad of reasons why they choose to look the other way. Its very clear to me why they kept UFO’s in the dark all those years. They want the tech for themselves.

Either way? Its been proven beyond a doubt that the government lies to its people all the time to suit its own interests.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, norseman said:

They have analyzed the same evidence you have and came to the opposite conclusion. 🧐

Why for 60 plus years were UFO’s delusions and swamp gas according to the government.🤷🏻‍♂️

There could be a myriad of reasons why they choose to look the other way. Its very clear to me why they kept UFO’s in the dark all those years. They want the tech for themselves.

Either way? Its been proven beyond a doubt that the government lies to its people all the time to suit its own interests.

We will have to respectfully disagree on this one. 

If one says our government is keeping some top secret of Bigfoot, then it creates so many questions whose answers become logic quicksand:

If Bigfoot is so top secret, why was Roger allowed to live?  Why didn't the government buy his film and copies and destroy it.   Why wasn't Roger's brake lines cut.  Why is Gimlin still alive?  Why hasn't he been silenced.  Why is Meldrum and Munns on TV?  

I don't claim to know if what we see in the sky as an unidentified object is something normal, miliary, new tech, or what.   But I don't buy the idea it's green men from outer space. If so, why would ALL countries keep this under wraps. All countries don't have equal motivations to keep quiet and no one person speaks for "earth".   If there are UFO aliens out there then the government would have real issues to deal with and it wouldn't be to keep Bigfoot secret. 

If they announced today, "we were being visited by little green men from mars" there would be some massive worldwide panic and other destabilizing ramifications.  But if they announced or it slipped out Bigfoot was a real rare animal out there little to nothing would happen.  No one would panic like they would if a UFO landed on the white house lawn.   The Stock market wouldn't crash.  No one would panic if we heard Bigfoot was shot.  There is just no reason the government or anyone would need to keep Bigfoot under wraps.  If they can't find a Bigfoot to shoot one there may be many reasons, but our government isn't one of them.

When they discover a tribe in the jungle they report it on the news, and then go one to sports, weather and a story of a local bake sale.   The viewer says "wow" and then want to know what is for dinner. They move on.   When they see a sighting of a rare animal it's the same thing and it rarely even makes the news.  Now a true bigfoot on a slab story would be quite a buzz but right after very little would happen after of couple of days/weeks of people thinking it's kind of neat.  

If Bigfoot WAS an alien, there would be even MORE reason for our government to admit Bigfoot exists and convince us it's an ANIMAL to help in the cover up.   

I admit I have 100% no idea on either Aliens or bigfoot.   

Edited by Backdoc
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Backdoc said:

The idea the Government or the Forrest Service or some other entity of the people knows Bigfoot is real and is keeping it quiet is a bridge too far for me.   This assume these groups are competent enough to keep their secrets quiet but this quote above proves this is a fallacy..........

They can't, especially since the phenomenon is older than they are. So what they do is discourage discovery and keep it a myth/legend in the eyes of the public.

........What would be so special about some near extinct animal the government would need to keep under wraps?.........

There are likely multiple reasons. One could be to limit environmental political damage to the economy, and another could be to limit human rights legal pressure. Governments worldwide have already taken the political position of leaving uncontacted homo sapiens alone to live out their cultures without interference. Allowing the same to fellow homo cousins should be a given.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncontacted_peoples

.........If Bigfoot is just some animal like the condor this same government would pass laws at the federal level to precent the killing of such an animal.........

True, but what if government knows that they're of the genus homo, but are not homo sapien?

.........If don't see the need or motivation for the 'government' to keep Bigfoot under wraps.   Why wasn't Patty under wraps.  Was she on parole?    I don't get it.........

Patty was and remains "under wraps" as far as government is concerned. Neither the state of California or federal wildlife or land management agencies have issued any statement on the PG film whatsoever in the past 50+ years. None. Nada. Zip.

But they have enacted bans on commercial photography without a permit on federal lands (I suspect, but haven't checked, that the same is likely on California state lands).

Further, the very area where the film was shot is closed to access for over half the year, in winter, when tracks in the snow could easily betray the presence of such creatures.

.........When you need the planets to line up a certain way to make something plausible it generally means it isn't likely........

The planets are perfectly aligned. All of them. As you have just admitted yourself, you just "don't get it". 

And that is exactly what they want.

........The simple explanation is Bigfoot is some ape-like animal near extinct.  This explanation would account for nearly every sighting and report.  It would account for the evidence as we know it and not require any wishful thinking........

That, too, is likely true, and it does not negate the theory that government is suppressing discovery. In fact, it supports it.

19 minutes ago, Backdoc said:

........If Bigfoot is so top secret, why was Roger allowed to live?.........

Because killing him presents more danger than benefit. Besides, he was dead anyway within 5 years. American government moved out of the assassination business after the very bloody year of 1968 and moved into the legal/character assassination business. It's much safer, easier, and works better. Thus, suppressing discovery is much easier than secrecy, especially when dealing with "a myth."

.........Why didn't the government buy his film and copies and destroy it. Why wasn't Roger's brake lines cut.  Why is Gimlin still alive?  Why hasn't he been silenced.  Why is Meldrum and Munns on TV?.......

Because then they'd have to explain their active measuresBetter to just stay silent and let the myth live as a myth.

........I don't claim to know if what we see in the sky as an unidentified object is something normal, miliary, new tech, or what.   But I don't buy the idea it's green men from outer space........

Me, neither. But we can all see governments interest in and activity surrounding the issue. 

Not with sasquatchery. Their complete silence is deafening, and when they do say something, it's always an April Fools joke. Is that just a coincidence? Do you have any experience at all with government disinformation, misinformation, and propaganda operations? This fits the mould like a glove.

.........If so, why would ALL countries keep this under wraps. All countries don't have equal motivations to keep quiet and no one person speaks for "earth".........

First of all, not all nations are involved. There is little chance that the governments of Sudan or Iceland have ever been presented with a sasquatch carcass. But there is a likelihood that if sasquatches were discovered in the US that the governments of Iran or Venezuela (or a numerous host of others) would use the discovery to put legal and humanitarian pressure on the US. 

And, like I posted above, there is international agreement on the status of uncontacted people being left alone.

........If they announced today, "we were being visited by little green men from mars" there would be some massive worldwide panic and other destabilizing ramifications.  But if they announced or it slipped out Bigfoot was a real rare animal out there little to nothing would happen........

It's difficult for me to believe that such a smart guy like you would so carelessly type those words. Regardless of whether or not sasquatches are of the genus homo (which now appears almost certain), the ramifications just to the ideologies of Science and Darwinism are overwhelming. And that pales to the legal and political world if they are ruled to be of the genus homo.

You have clearly not spent much time considering the ramifications.

..........When they discover a tribe in the jungle they report it on the news, and then go one to sports, weather and a story of a local bake sale........

First if all, you're talking about the media, not government. Secondly, they universally inject some propaganda into every news story they publish. Today that tends to be about the weather or climate. With regard to lost tribes, you can be certain that their rights and privacies are mentioned, and that you shouldn't go out there.

.........Now a true bigfoot on a slab story would be quite a buzz but right after very little would happen after of couple of days/weeks of people thinking it's kind of neat.......

Yeah, you'd be more attentive to tomorrows breakfast, but the aboriginal rights organizations and hordes of lawyers would be jockeying for position into the brand, spanking new industry that just got created, not to mention the climate and wildlife saviors.

2 hours ago, Huntster said:

You have clearly not spent much time considering the ramifications.

True.

I haven't spent really any time thinking of the ramifications.  

I'm sure like anything there are ripple effects but my quick guess is they would be minor.   If I gave it more thought, I might disagree with my own self today.  But for just a quick 5 min thought it doesn't seem like it's a huge deal or at least one so big the Government would need or want to keep it any secret.    

4 hours ago, Backdoc said:

We will have to respectfully disagree on this one. 

If one says our government is keeping some top secret of Bigfoot, then it creates so many questions whose answers become logic quicksand:

If Bigfoot is so top secret, why was Roger allowed to live?  Why didn't the government buy his film and copies and destroy it.   Why wasn't Roger's brake lines cut.  Why is Gimlin still alive?  Why hasn't he been silenced.  Why is Meldrum and Munns on TV?  

I don't claim to know if what we see in the sky as an unidentified object is something normal, miliary, new tech, or what.   But I don't buy the idea it's green men from outer space. If so, why would ALL countries keep this under wraps. All countries don't have equal motivations to keep quiet and no one person speaks for "earth".   If there are UFO aliens out there then the government would have real issues to deal with and it wouldn't be to keep Bigfoot secret. 

If they announced today, "we were being visited by little green men from mars" there would be some massive worldwide panic and other destabilizing ramifications.  But if they announced or it slipped out Bigfoot was a real rare animal out there little to nothing would happen.  No one would panic like they would if a UFO landed on the white house lawn.   The Stock market wouldn't crash.  No one would panic if we heard Bigfoot was shot.  There is just no reason the government or anyone would need to keep Bigfoot under wraps.  If they can't find a Bigfoot to shoot one there may be many reasons, but our government isn't one of them.

When they discover a tribe in the jungle they report it on the news, and then go one to sports, weather and a story of a local bake sale.   The viewer says "wow" and then want to know what is for dinner. They move on.   When they see a sighting of a rare animal it's the same thing and it rarely even makes the news.  Now a true bigfoot on a slab story would be quite a buzz but right after very little would happen after of couple of days/weeks of people thinking it's kind of neat.  

If Bigfoot WAS an alien, there would be even MORE reason for our government to admit Bigfoot exists and convince us it's an ANIMAL to help in the cover up.   

I admit I have 100% no idea on either Aliens or bigfoot.   

I am not saying Bigfoot is an alien. What I am saying is that by looking at ufology we can unequivocally state that the US government lies and covers things up. So it’s not a stretch that if they are lying about X, they could be lying about Y or Z.

Why were Roger and Bob allowed to live? Why was Bob Lazar, Luis Alazondo and many others allowed to live?🤷‍♂️ Instead they were slandered and discredited. UFO’s are swamp gas and witnesses are looney. Patty is a man in a suit and the witnesses are looney…..

We can only speculate as to the reasons why the deep state does what they do. But we have official Congressional hearings in which a whistleblower has stated in person that the US government is in possession of alien space craft and alien cadavers. Google David Grusch.

Right now the only difference between UFOs and cryptids is that UFO’s have been renamed UAP’s and they have gained major traction with whistleblowers from government agencies coming forward and telling the truth. It doesn’t hurt that we also have FLIR footage of UFOs from a F18 Super Hornet. But the dam of secrecy is starting to crack….

Hopefully some day it will apply to our field as well. My personal suspicion is that hiding the fact that a 800 lbs primate is skulking around our hinterland has liability ramifications. Plus we have seen with the 411 books that the government wasn’t very nice about his investigation either. Basically two Park agents met with Paulides in secret and blew the whistle on missing persons cases inside the US park system. If the government has nothing to hide? Then why are they hiding from an investigative reporter? His FOIA request was given a 1 million dollar estimate to produce…..😳 That’s not transparency….

When you look for a black hole you’re not looking for a black hole. Your looking for it’s gravitational effects on other objects around it. The black hole is invisible to the observer, but it’s absolutely there exerting immense pull all the time.

1 hour ago, Backdoc said:

True.

I haven't spent really any time thinking of the ramifications.  

I'm sure like anything there are ripple effects but my quick guess is they would be minor.   If I gave it more thought, I might disagree with my own self today.  But for just a quick 5 min thought it doesn't seem like it's a huge deal or at least one so big the Government would need or want to keep it any secret.    

How many people visit Yellowstone NP annually? 3 million. How many people visit the whole park system? Tens of millions. National Forests? BLM? Hundreds of millions. Can just the US Park Service produce a list of missing persons inside the National Park Service system?

Nope. 

Something doesn’t add up….

31 minutes ago, norseman said:

My personal suspicion is that hiding the fact that a 800 lbs primate is skulking around our hinterland has liability ramifications.

Norseman, I've always thought that this is why exactly. If the governments of the world had to admit that there are 800 lb primates running around at will, no matter if they are doing harm or just quietly trying to avoid us at every turn, you can bet that every time anyone goes missing folks will swear it was a bigfoot that ran off with them, whether it was true or not. Some people would demand they be corralled up or exterminated, put in zoos, etc. In short, folks would freak out even though the danger is likely low or non-existent. Personally, I think if bigfoot was a real killer or man eater, there would be even more people going missing in the forests.

Consider:

If sasquatches exist, is it even possible that government doesn't know it? 

That is more of a stretch than believing that government is discouraging discovery.