Why No Troublemaking Adolescent Squatch?

Guest StankApe

Guest StankApe

i was wondering that if Bigfoot is real, and we all assume that he develops as other mammals, that there would be a period of time where the young are becoming a little independent, leaving the home group area on their own, causing a little mayhem (almost all higher mammals have this period) and maybe sneaking onto people lawns and stealing stuff, heck just being curious about the hairless folks!

So why no sightings of 4 1/2 foot Bigfoot ? Why no obvious photos of medium sized squatches running amok in neighborhoods? Why no panty raids? (lol) :lol:

Seriously, all sightings seem to be of enormous creatures and of wee little ones.

Edited by Art1972
to change "bogfoot" to Bigfoot

I don't know that an adolescent bigfoot would be that short but I figured it was the adolescents that are seen most of the time, bad judgement mixed with risk taking and all that.

Guest wild eyed willy

Unlike human children, all Bigfoot teens are extreemly well behaved. They have good manors and go to squatch church every sunday. :D

Great question. I've got scars (mental and physical) from my misspent adolescence. If I'd been a bigfoot, I doubt this forum would exist today.

Guest StankApe

No kidding eh? i used to think there was no way I would make it to 30, now I'm 38 and i think...jeez I was an idiot sometimes! lol

I watched a documentary a few years back that discussed adolescent apes (apparently quite the handful) and being that human teen behavior has been shown to be an instinctive drive for independence and not cultural (cuz every culture in the world's history has literature and or depictions showing teens being a PITA) I just figured there would be medium sized, awkward Bigfoot roaming around , up to no good! :-)

Guest parnassus

They all get makeovers using toiletries taken from missing backpackers, and are sent off to boarding school. They learn how to pass as humans, come back and live in campgrounds on the edge of wilderness areas, holding down menial jobs during the day, and roaming the woods at night to provide for their families in these difficult times. A few get athletic college scholarships, join fraternities and fit in just fine. Of course, some will drop out of school and travel the world, leaving giant footprints in China and Russia.

Guest krakatoa

Because Bigfoot are firm believers in corporal punishment, and a "switch" to a bigfoot generally is at least 6 inches in diameter.

That wood knocking and howling you hear at night?

Curfew is a harsh mistress. :o

Guest wild eyed willy

They all get makeovers using toiletries taken from missing backpackers, and are sent off to boarding school. They learn how to pass as humans, come back and live in campgrounds on the edge of wilderness areas, holding down menial jobs during the day, and roaming the woods at night to provide for their families in these difficult times. A few get athletic college scholarships, join fraternities and fit in just fine. Of course, some will drop out of school and travel the world, leaving giant footprints in China and Russia.

Well done, one of the best responces I have ever read.. you get my very first +1

There are reports of this nature. One I know of occuring this year in the South of a teenage boy being roughed up by a young BF (rural back roads , boy was walking to store alone) and while being attacked by young BF, an adult BF appears and drags off misbehaving youth BF into the woods. Area is within 5 miles of known active research areas and even local game wardens have admitted sightings. Researcher saw teen that was still roughed up , clothes torn and initially not wanting to speak about it as it had just happened. Grandmother did the talking about it at first, another follow up interview with teen has since been done and this should get published later this year.

Guest BuzzardEater

Bfs have a stronger society than us.

Where are the exiles? The marginalized? The fleeing?

Why don't they get lost? Why don't their elders with dementia wander into our midst?

What about defectors?

BFs don't defect. Ever. They are never alone. They have ironclad taboos. There are rules that are never broken. Why? Maybe a better question is, How? We conventional humans have never matched that kind of record. For example, some people survived Reverend Jim's call to drink the kool-ade. Those were fanatics in a cult, yet some survived. They wouldn't drink the kool-ade.

Bfs are up to something and they are all in on it and committed. Totally committed.

Suppose you lived in a similar society? When you reach a certain age you realize your Mom is not keeping up and can't feed herself. She begins to stagger and quits eating. What kind of person doesn't try to help? Doesn't seek medical? The answer is someone who doesn't need to. Someone that already has everything they need.

If you remove need from the equation, what purpose would revealing oneself serve?

It's entertainment. Spoofing humans is why we see them at all. Ever. This is why reports of unusual behaviour are important. We are smart enough to analyze these instances and better gauge our friends from the forest.

When someone says they saw a BF wearing a hat or trousers or what have you, it is the innocents that deride. The cynics among us recognize these behaviours as what they are, displays. What are they displaying when they mock us? They are displaying good humour, for one thing. This cannot be dismissed. Another thing they are displaying is the mirror effect. They are showing us what we look like to them.

A BF wears overalls and a straw hat and calls himself Bubba. This must be met with tumultuous laughter at the winter gathering. Imagine Bubba mimicing our awkward walk. He waddles around the camp belching, pretending to smoke cigars and drink tallboys, all the while oblivious to his fellows. High comedy.

This is a good thing! We risk a great deal changing things. Imagine an adversarial relationship with them. They are in our midst. Our position is indefensible. Imagining we have any useful defence in place is optimistic at best. My Grandfather could sneak up on a suspicious person in the woods at night, while wearing workboots. You'd see him when he touched your shoulder. If an old man who lived in a house can do that, what can someone living in the woods do?

How to fight BF? We can't. What else could we try? What are they saying to us with their actions? Where is our window of opportunity? Maybe if we quit ridiculing the contactees we will learn something.

Or, we can wait for Meldrum to change the world for us. Will the post Meldrum report world be a better environment for contact? Review the Sierra thread, then imagine you are on the other side of the equation. What to make of the survivor's report? How do we react to infanticide? Do we calmly apply rational examination when somebody shoots down a little kid? Then his mother?

It's our best op, now, before every guy with a rifle goes out into the woods to become a hero and angers the hell out of them. The window will close soon, if the report exists.

It's too bad we didn't pay attention to the clues we were given.

• Upvote 1

SSR Team

So why no sightings of 4 1/2 foot Bigfoot ?

Seriously, all sightings seem to be of enormous creatures and of wee little ones.

That's just not true..

For example :

In CA there are 7 BFRO Reports on Animals 5ft or under

Alabama = 3

Arizona = 3

Arkansas = 1

Colorado = 1

Florida = 2

Idaho = 1

Indiana = 1

Iowa = 1

Kansas = 1

Kentucky = 1

& that's as far as i got but there are many, many more in the 5 - 6 Foot category which would also suggest adolescent to me anyway, for example CA = 14, Florida = 9 etc..

I don't know hwy there aren't more of these Reports at this height, but they are there.

Guest Primate

Excellent points to consider BuzzardEater..

Thanks for the facts BobbyO,

If I recall someone on this forum had an encounter with a 5'5" pregnant individual.(teenage mom)

Another interesting thread, filled with decent questions, some decent answers, and some really bizarre ones as well! Gorillas, the largest known primate, has babies that are quite small, comparable to our own human babies. That's small. Their young go through similar size changes as they develop, getting bigger and bigger and so on. If bigfoot exist, then of COURSE they would go through similar development, from newborn, to infant, to toddler, to adolescent and so on, just like all other primates.

It's a totally fair question to ask, where are they? One mentioned several reports on the BFRO website. It would be interesting to check out those reports and see when they were made. Have those reports been spread out over a wide timeframe, or are they more recent? Questioning the validity of a species automatically brings up the question of the developmental phases of such a species. It can't be a completely modern question, someone from the past must have been asking the same questions. Modern people that are curious have a bit more on the ball due to the internet, the ability to actually pose questions for all to see. In the days of written correspondence it would only be those privy to printing that would get their opinions seen. You put out a book, or an article proclaiming this or that, and nobody can dispute or even question the veracity of such proclamation unless they send and have printed a letter to the editor. Now, anyone can comment on a topic in a forum somewhere. So scrutiny is higher now than in the past. A higher degree of proof is required, normally.

So the question where are the little ones can't really be avoided. There are ALWAYS little ones of different species showing up on someone's radar screen. A year ago, I found what appeared to be a miscarried deer body in the bushes in our forest. Where are the baby deer? Well, I know where one was, I have photos to prove it existed, other people who saw it. I relocated it where it could be turned into food for the crows and other critters, and not a perfumery for our dogs to roll on! There are always little ones of various species showing up here or there. Where are the little bigfoots?

I don't buy the idea they have a culture sufficiently developed to have language, staunch rules regarding contact with people, the knowledge of what guns are, how to evade and disappear, yet are reported to raid chicken coops, put handprints on people's glass doors, climb people's fences, stumble onto roads and stand there with an arm raised to shield their eyes from the light while the car screeches to a halt, where if it didn't come to a halt it would have hit the stunned bigfoot. They're smart, their dumb, their material, they're spirit, they have language, they growl and grunt, they are smarter than people, they sleep in the snow with no clothes on, they run faster than any human can, yet they plod slowly like a lumbering ox. They are all things to all people, yet there's still no little ones showing up, none making a mistake that no other living creature has been immune to. They don't get old enough to be found, they don't come young enough to be found, they don't come small enough to be within human height lest they be called a man in a suit.

This is always a most perplexing problem. Where are the little ones, the young, the old, the infirm? People get creative with answers to these difficult questions. Creativity is at the root of the subject, basically.

Of the two bigfoot I saw, one was massive and the other was a much smaller juvie.

Janice Carter reported in her book of the male bigfoot Fox disciplining a young one for breaking birds eggs it was getting out of a nest for him. ( I do not know if this is true or not)

But I know of a lady who lived close to an area I researched for a few years, who said she watched a female bigfoot eating fruit off the tree's in their back pasture late in the afternoon/early evening as was the animals custom at that time. She said the youngsters appeared at that distance to be about the size of 5 or 6 yr old human children. They were the same color and the same size. (twins?) when the youngster's strayed quite a distance from the female, she said the female never stopped eating the fruits but that she slapped her thigh and the little ones immediately ran back and each one grabbed a leg of the momma.

If this is true, and if what Janice reported were true...then these animals discipline their young. This would contibute to the youngsters staying hidden and bring validation to the value of the behavior we have come to expect from them.....non verbal communication. Tree knocking, rock clacking, ( I have heard both) and now a leg slap.

Even though I did not see the youngster until the end of all the activity, I think it was the young one sent over and was looking in the trash cans until he saw my campsite was occupied then called the big one over from across a creek with a tree knock. Then the big one was the one in charge. But I think the young one was scoping the park doing the bidding of his Parent. ( father?) So discipline is a strong probability in how they train their youngsters. JMHO

Edited by driveroperator