Why No Troublemaking Adolescent Squatch?

Guest StankApe

Guest LissingMinx

Ayup, Inc. which is why it took me a year or so to decide wth, I'll give it a listen. Nothing better to do. Then busted out laughing hearing myself reply to hubby in such a disappointed tone.

LissingMinx, I love to hear about others that have had the same experience I have. I wasn't as lucky as you, I never seen the face. We will have to go back again to listen for the sounds you've described, or even better to get a picture of it.

Guest LissingMinx

I didn't believe it when I saw the face, but when Dad found the trackway that perfectly fit what I thought I saw I decided it was real after all. Subsequent trips to the woods yeilded a few other very clear signs and a whole lot of weirdness that may or may not be associated with those few near impossible (for us) to deny experiences.

Since we're talking about mischief makers in the woods I'll share an excerpt from a PM I shared with another forum member. This was a few weeks ago. Friends own quite a bit of land bordering an extensive preserve. Usually we just camp or park quite a ways from their cabins, but this time it was about a romantic night in front of the fireplace:

We borrowed a cabin a couple of miles from where we usually run into locals. I didn't really expect company there, but set out my recorder anyway. Among other weirdness, I noticed nearby owl calls twice in 8 hours of recording. The first was when we went inside for the night. It slowly circled the cabins calling "whoooo-who-who" over and over. The next time I heard it I woke up at 2am. When I came out on the porch it circled the cabins calling "whoo". *shrug* I found it odd it only called at those two times and the call was markedly different. Any insight?

I went inside to make coffee and get some warmer clothes on, when I came back out about 20 minutes later I ran into a distinct strong smell. This was unfamiliar. It was sweet, musky...not to be gross, but it reminded me of human menstrual smell and chimps in estrus (I've spent more than my fair share of time around the apes at Busch Gardens). I am familiar with canines in heat and the smell was distinctly primate, imho.

I'm pretty sure I saw a shadow rocking behind a clump of trees as I sat on the porch in the dark (I do not use lights. I keep a small, bright flashlight handy to blind an attacker, if necessary, but I have banned potentially blinding polite visitors) I decided to gift my possible visitor, so I went in and came back with both hands full of goodies. The moon was full, and there was one clear area over the picnic table and BBQ giving me a perfect pool of light to stand in. I held out both hands full of stuff and said something about it all being for them. Then I arranged the gifts. I had 2 sugar cookies so I stacked them, then put a banana "around" them. I set a pair of reading glasses that appeared in our camp one night so that the ear pieces hooked over the banana and enclosed the cookies. Next I put a blue & gold macaw tail feather where the stem was in an apple and set it on top of the cookies, making sure the feather was loose enough to fall out if it was moved so a raccoon wouldn't run off with it. I left a second apple next to the arranged gifts, then sat back down to watch the shadow rock for a while longer before going back to bed. note to add: there was no wind that night. Not even the moss hanging from the old oaks was swaying.

I started out with my recorder on the corner of the raised porch between the edge and a post, about 3' off the ground. Before bed, I moved it to a more protected spot next to the center post. While we were sleeping something clearly molests the recorder. It is picked up, moved, sniffed and licked.

In the morning, I found the recorder back in the spot on the corner of the porch, but not quite lined up square with the corners like I'd have done (a bit OCD LOL) The gifts on the table blew my mind. The extra apple was gone and so were the cookies. The glasses were off kilter, but still there, propped on the banana and the apple with the feather was sitting where the cookies had been. The feather was jammed securely into the apple now.

Just FYI: there were people in another cabin a few hundred yards away. They informed me in the morning they locked up as soon as they got in and didn't see or hear anything after. Having heard their girlish screams when they encountered a spider, I don't think they were lying when they said they didn't so much as crack a window after that. Very sweet young guys. :D

When I get into my recordings I'll cut a couple of clips from this night, too.

LissingMinx, thanks for the good stories. Looks like you've been quite fortunate. More so than so many others. I appreciate your willingness to share them...

I was going to start a thread but remembered this one existed. Pics of prints from this morning. I am still sick with the "crud" and haven't felt well enough to set the cams back out in the woods but my son threw away a pumpkin yesterday late afternoon and I went and set the cam just off the drive. This morning we found a print and a partial print coming from the direction of where my husband and hunter friend cleaned a deer during black powder, going in the direction of where the cam was set off the drive. The cam never triggered so whatever it was never walked in front of where the pumpkin was, husband checked alongside the horse paddock but found nothing. The print measured 10 inches in length, 5 inches in width of toes and from heel to heel the stride length was 4 foot and 4 inches.

These prints were not there last evening, I would have seen them when we threw the pumpkin out and set the cam. The curious thing is it may or may not be connected to an event my husband experienced 2 Thursday nights ago. That Thursday morning is when he got the deer, that Thursday night my son and I went to Poteau Ok and my husband stayed home. (Lousy weather BTW cold and rainy) He said that at roughly 10pm there were two loud knocks at the back wall of the living room that set the inside dogs off and the outside wolves. He yelled who was there and got no answer, he shined with the light and saw no one. He said about an hour later the chickens went off in the coop and there was another 2 loud knocks coming from the same location, again the dogs and wolves went nuts. This time he took the gun and the light and went out on the steps and gave a " very loud and not so neighborly verbal warning" and walked around the cabin shining the light. "Nada"

It's only an assumption that possibly what was knocking on the wall that night, the same day he harvested the deer, came back last night or early this morning and left the prints.

BTW, it's been too darn chilly to walk around barefoot, I take a size 8, husband is 12 and son is size 15.

post-110-034893700 1320174273_thumb.jpg

post-110-087682200 1320174320_thumb.jpg

post-110-075090500 1320174355_thumb.jpg

post-110-098854700 1320174387_thumb.jpg

Guest vilnoori

Well, even I have a hard time looking through back posts to see where I posted footprint pics, so here it is again. This is the most recent one (11 inches, and my shod track to the right of it), and then the one before is from 3 years previously, a big print (about 15 inches) and a youngster's (8? inches) together.

footprint5.jpg

This one was taken 3 years earlier, same location and same season/time of year.

possibletracks.jpg

Edited by vilnoori

i was wondering that if Bigfoot is real, and we all assume that he develops as other mammals, that there would be a period of time where the young are becoming a little independent, leaving the home group area on their own, causing a little mayhem (almost all higher mammals have this period) and maybe sneaking onto people lawns and stealing stuff, heck just being curious about the hairless folks!

So why no sightings of 4 1/2 foot Bigfoot ? Why no obvious photos of medium sized squatches running amok in neighborhoods? Why no panty raids? (lol) :lol:

Seriously, all sightings seem to be of enormous creatures and of wee little ones.

I wonder if it is easier for them to hide and just observe us. We must be as strange to them as they are to us..

Plus they must be curious, and may be watching us more than any of us may think.

That's just not true..

For example :

In CA there are 7 BFRO Reports on Animals 5ft or under

Alabama = 3

Arizona = 3

Arkansas = 1

Colorado = 1

Florida = 2

Idaho = 1

Indiana = 1

Iowa = 1

Kansas = 1

Kentucky = 1

& that's as far as i got but there are many, many more in the 5 - 6 Foot category which would also suggest adolescent to me anyway, for example CA = 14, Florida = 9 etc..

I don't know hwy there aren't more of these Reports at this height, but they are there.

Excellent facts, and thanks for posting that!

Since there are a lot of sightings that are not officially reported mostly due to fear of ridicule I suspect, so there are sightings that we never hear about unless someone comes here and talks about it.

If I saw one, I doubt that I would report it anywhere except here because I trust you guys and gals..JMHO..

Well....I'm a 42 year old white guy, 5'11 ' 205lbs. I have spent the last 23 years of my life in the Marines, my marines call me "Brick". (as in Brick poo-poo house) with numerous deployments to nasty places; yet my 4'9" 70 year old mother can still level me with a word if she really wanted to and if she was the type.

It's all relative.

Especially if you are 6' 400 lbs and your elderly mom is 7.5 800 lbs. and is not going to allow you to end up on the mantle or as roadkill. I think tough love and gentle persuasion don't quite cover it where they are concerned. If she can't keep him in line and out of sight I think she will kill him herself, or drive him away for good, especially if there are younger siblings.

Edited by Tautriadelta

I think bigfoot society is a bit more Ol' Skool than ours. If little junior acts up, Daddy still administers the whippin'. No CPS call made by the little guy. Think turn of the century family values, the first century!