Why No Troublemaking Adolescent Squatch?

Guest StankApe

My intent for this thread wasn't that adolescent Squatches didn't exist. it's that I would think that they would be captured on camera and caught more likely than an adult, due to typical "push the boundaries" adolescent behavior. Teens do dumb stuff.... It's in their nature. I would've thought that a adolescent Bigfoot would've been captured by now... I'm actually surprised none of them have been captured by now.

Don't be suprised it has happened at least 2 times now; the NY baby footage, and the Jacobs juvenile Sasquatch.

Guest RedRatSnake

Sounds good to me. I'll pull out the plans for the flux capacitor. The stop-over would be good too. I could warn myself not to get involved with a certain female cadet the following year.

:thumbsup: Awesome

Tim deloran64.gif

You can ignore the consistent stream of sightings over time if you want. You can dismiss all of them as folklore, fiction, and hallucination. I just don't think that is very good science.

:thumbsup: Thanks for posting the old newspaper clippings, tirademan, I like 'em!

There seem to be a fair amount of Troublemaking Adolescent Squatch reports for there to be no Troublemaking Adolescent Squatch reports. This isn't working out too good for the detractors.

Guest StankApe

See again, to question is not to detract. it's in the best interest of all involved that the hard questions get asked!

I had personally never heard any stories about adolescent bigfoots. The baby in a tree one is a baby , not a "teen" btw, I was bringing up the point that i am surprised that there have not been more film and or photo evidence of teen bigfoots because one would suspect they would be a bit more care free and reckless...

Just because i question something doesn't mean I'm out to poo all over the replies. I just expect evidence to be evidence and not just speculation. Not that there's anything wrong with sightings or speculation. i just am honestly surprised there aren't more bigfoot photos of young uns....

Ok, that's a fair enough response, StankApe. thx ^_^

I just think that the question 'Why No Troublemaking Adolescent Squatch?' implies the belief (controversial word here, I know) and/or, attempts to present as fact, the idea that there are no reports of, let's say, smaller than 6 foot Sasquatch causing trouble. That just isn't the case so... I guess we'll just have to go figure. : B

Edited by xspider1

Just because i question something doesn't mean I'm out to poo all over the replies. I just expect evidence to be evidence and not just speculation. Not that there's anything wrong with sightings or speculation. i just am honestly surprised there aren't more bigfoot photos of young uns....

That's why I didn't mention Painthorse's young un, last time it started a big argument. It goes to show ya right there that it's a mischievous one. LOL

Guest StankApe

That's why I didn't mention Painthorse's young un, last time it started a big argument. It goes to show ya right there that it's a mischievous one. LOL

I'm not familiar with this Painthorse story. Is it still archived here? (it didn't get so out of hand they deleted the thread did it?)

I'm not familiar with this Painthorse story. Is it still archived here? (it didn't get so out of hand they deleted the thread did it?)

The thread got locked and then obviously deleted. I won't post the pics here but I'll post the link, on the first page of the flickr site is a rundown on the pic. I also inverted the original pic to bring out more detail (as in my avatar). "NOTHING" was added to the original pic, I only used hue and contrast to try and bring out better features.

The yard bird (guinea hen) is in the following pics as seen on the flickr site, due to the bird being in the following pics with a 4 second triggering of the cam, most say that what is in pic 1 is the same as in the following pics.

These birds are territorial and will give chase, my husband had a sighting and would have never known the thing was there if the birds had not gone into alarm mode.

A good example was opening day of black powder, my husband decided being that it was cool enough to wear his guile suit, he thought he was being stealthy walking from the yard down into the forest and the dang birds went into alarm mode and chased his arse, lol.

www.flickr.com/photos/paint_horse1

LOL,

LOL, Forbig. So very true!

Guest vilnoori

I guess I just find it interesting that in the one place that I found tracks indicating a young one, three years later, I found a track indicating the young one had grown. This indicates to me, anyway, that these are real flesh and blood creatures, and the footprints can be studied over time for changes in growth. The growth patterns were consistent with a hypothesized large hominin that matures in the age category that can be expected for, say, a Homo erectus. What I am saying is that the observed footprints fit the hypothesis I had. A loose hypothesis, but nevertheless!

I guess I just find it interesting that in the one place that I found tracks indicating a young one, three years later, I found a track indicating the young one had grown. This indicates to me, anyway, that these are real flesh and blood creatures, and the footprints can be studied over time for changes in growth. The growth patterns were consistent with a hypothesized large hominin that matures in the age category that can be expected for, say, a Homo erectus. What I am saying is that the observed footprints fit the hypothesis I had. A loose hypothesis, but nevertheless!

Okay, so while you might not want to bring people in to verify that you have them in your area, what about photos of the tracks, or casting them with plaster or something? You could always do that without calling in the troops to upset their peace.

SSR Team

Okay, so while you might not want to bring people in to verify that you have them in your area, what about photos of the tracks, or casting them with plaster or something? You could always do that without calling in the troops to upset their peace.

Of course she could & has previously i believe ( correct me if i'm wrong Vil ), but why would she ??

To satisfy the demands of people like you or to attempt to prove the Animal's existence ??

You should try & clear your head of your thinking that everyone wants what you want all the time Tontar, it might not be the case & it would definately do you a favor in the long run.. :)

Edit : Thinking about it, you may also want to do some reading of the Forum instead of assuming people haven't done this or that too as i'm pretty sure Vil has Posted Pictures of those Tracks recently..

Edited by BobbyO

Of course she could & has previously i believe ( correct me if i'm wrong Vil ), but why would she ??

To satisfy the demands of people like you or to attempt to prove the Animal's existence ??

You should try & clear your head of your thinking that everyone wants what you want all the time Tontar, it might not be the case & it would definately do you a favor in the long run.. :)

Edit : Thinking about it, you may also want to do some reading of the Forum instead of assuming people haven't done this or that too as i'm pretty sure Vil has Posted Pictures of those Tracks recently..

For the same reason you and she are here in this forum, to share information. I take pictures of the owls, the deer, the insects, the bunnies, on our property. I post them for other people to see, for other people to share the beauty and interest of what goes on around us. Not to prove anything to anyone.

Why do you post a smily face after being so sassy? Is that supposed to be like the sugar in lemonade?

And as far as reading around in the different hundreds of topics and threads to see whether or not Vil has posted photos and taken plaster casts, maybe you could post a link to where it is located. That would be the friendly thing to do. Were I to suggest you investigate something further, I'd give you the link, out of courtesy, to save you time, to help you be better informed, and not berate you with hostile insults. But like you said, not everyone thinks like I do.

Guest LissingMinx

The first one I saw was roughly my size. 5' 2". With her (him?) I also saw a very large neandertal-like face in the moonlight.

I've been asked to share this story and since I did get a nice tidbit of info from this thread I thought I'd throw this out there.

A few months after seeing them, I was camping nearby with my husband. I'd gotten a nice recorder by then and set it out recording in stereo. I've had problems getting clips from the resulting recording because it ran about 8 hours and it picked up a couple of errors. I gave up on getting clips from it beyond one curious exchange that may or may not have just been an owl. The only reasons I think it was possibly something else is because 1) it started with me hearing bipedal sounding footsteps in that direction, so I stood up and talked to it. 2) it responds to anything I do, be it speak, whistle or whoop. 3) some of the owl calls sound very off 4) it stops responding for a few and I give up. When I turn my back it calls again and it sounds very rushed. anyway...

I can listen to the recording if I play it straight from the original and this is what can be heard:

It starts with little things hitting the truck after we've climbed in and nodded out. We have a tarp over the truck so we know these aren't just falling from the trees above. After 10-20 minutes (if you want exact times I'll have to dig out notes and I'm being lazy) there is a short, quiet whistle. Then all hell breaks loose, but mostly very quietly. :ph34r:

During this time some things are unmistakable due to both sound and location (record in stereo!!). Several times something lifts the head and foot rests on my chair. We have 2 of the adjustable ratcheting lounges that double as cots. Pushing down won't move them, but lifting causes a distinct sound. On and off throughout about 4 hours of activity the chairs are played with.

I have an enameled perk coffeepot for camping (java addict) I left on the grill on the edge of the fire ring. This also makes a distinctive rattling sound when moved. We had had a large fire earlier and the pit was full of very hot glowing coals. In the morning a little stir was all it took to quickly brew my morning make-me-human juice. During the night the coffeepot is played with and carried across behind the truck, out into the palmettos a short way and played with there for 10-15 minutes before it is returned. (stereo recorder on the roof of the truck)

We had a box of non-perishable camp stuff on the hood of the truck. Spare batteries, flashlights, etc. including several plastic grocery bags containing them. Something pokes through all of that. The tarp over the truck is the type with poles holding it up. While the box is being investigated, something brushes the tarp.

We had left the trash bag with dinner scraps, the cooler and a bag of apples out near the fire pit. Yes, I know. Stupid. In my defense we've been short on bears and panthers around here for many decades and we had not intended to fall asleep. It sounds like all of these are poked, prodded and generally messed with. Even the camp potty behind the truck is bumped a few times.

During this time there are many other sounds out and around camp, including several that sound like wood knocks and tongue clicks. One round of knocks comes from 3 different directions outside of camp a short distance and in rapid succession. AS IF (not saying they WERE) answering one another. Several times what sounds like bipedal footsteps in the tall, dry grass at the edges of camp can be heard.

So, what did I pick up from this thread? A possible answer to the question "What were those slaps and thumps coming from behind the truck?" Whenever the activity in camp started getting too bold and loud there would be a SLAP! If the activity didn't quiet down immediately (which was most times) it would repeat. And again...more and more frequent and insistent sounding until it turned to heavy thumps. My guess is something was thumping the ground, hard, that's what it sounded like. A thump or two and it would get quiet again for a little while, then start all over. I admit it reminds me of when my son reached "that age". They're trying to assert some independence and maybe test some boundaries and they drive you nuts with selective deafness :P

This interesting activity on this recording ended with a loud series of whistles. The first few are distinct whistles, but as it moves off it begins to sound more like a deer blowing. As it moves off, the activity in camp stops and movement away from camp through the weeds and palmettos can be heard apparently following it.

An hour or so later I wake up and get coffee brewing, then check out camp. There is no sign of anything having been there. Trash bag is still tied to the cooler handle, cooler is still closed, bag of apples still laying there, etc. I get my coffee and sit in my chair, then grumble when I have to get up to flip the rests all the way in so I can reset them comfortably. Hubby gets up and asks if there's anything interesting. I cracked up when I heard myself answer "Nope. Nada, Zilch, zero. Not-a-thing." after listening to the previous hours.

I know known animals can account for every sound on this recording, even if it might be a bit of a stretch sometimes. What I can't answer is what animal would have left no sign they had been there? What animals wouldn't have left apples chewed up and trash scattered? What animal would approach a red hot firepit to play with a coffee pot?

I haven't tried to get this recording to load into Audacity since getting a new computer. Perhaps more ram will fix some of the problems I've had with it. When I have hours of nothing else needing done I'll take another shot at clipping some of the more interesting occurances. Not that they prove anything to anyone but me and hubby. After all, a clip of someone carrying a coffeepot around camp in stereo means nothing if you werent there *shrug*

LMinx, Thank you for a well written, riveting report. Good stuff. I take it without the recorder, no one would be any the wiser.