The Echo Incident

Guest parnassus

I didn't comment only because it was somewhat off-topic and there's a who 'nother thread on the subject. I think camouflage or placing a camera where it's just not visibile is the way to go. Also, William Dranginis has a system that gets buried and only a very small camera on a thin wire is above ground. Easy to hide. I'd love to use that system.

As I said in the other thread, my personal opinion is scent remediation is not necessary as wood apes aren't superbeings and probably have the same general olfactory abilities of other primates.

Thanks Bipto. Have you ever thought of putting a recording of a word or some words out there for Bigfoot to hear and possibly repeat? If not a word then maybe a sound. I've read a lot of accounts of Bigfoot mimicking animals and I wonder if they would start repeating noises or words that they hear over and over.

I will have to check out some of Scott's work sometime soon. I saw some pretty good reviews. I seem to recall him mentioning a movie he is working on about his experiences on the AT as well. I think he said it is coming out soon.

BFF Patron

Thanks Sy, I hear "get buck" or get f. (profane); then it does sound like you back away or u bak uhway depending on dialect of the listener :P

How does this fit with your vowel study theories SY?

Thought this one thru again, sure hope you don't have anyone named "Buck" on the A-team or home team bip. ?! :lol:

Have you ever thought of putting a recording of a word or some words out there for Bigfoot to hear and possibly repeat? If not a word then maybe a sound. I've read a lot of accounts of Bigfoot mimicking animals and I wonder if they would start repeating noises or words that they hear over and over.

...sure hope you don't have anybody named "Buck" on the A-team or home team bip. ?! :lol:

On a related note... http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=2782

BFF Patron

Hmmmmm.....def. some lessons there, gotta change back to yellow, sorta of tired of replacing back porch doors, lol!

That one is classic.......

Early on, I said it was hotter that day than it really was. In looking back at the field notes, I found the team recorded an ambient air temp of 89F. It only *felt* like the high nineties.

Yeah, The high humidity there can really up the heat sensation. We lived in Edmond OK for 3 years so I'm familiar with the heat and humidity of spring and summers there.

Still miss it though, we enjoyed living there.

Is it possible there are hoaxers around that area and they were the ones making those audible voices/growls?

If they were there, they were able to keep their presence hidden for more than a month. No lights at night, no apparent camp, moving over rugged and uneven ground, even after one their wooly-suited buddies got shot at. We had two daylight sightings over this period, so is it possible there were hoaxers who made the sounds yet our sightings were still valid? Or were they running around in suits in oppressive heat, too? Even after the gunfire?

Some say anything is possible, but I can't believe these were people. It stretches the bounds of plausibility.

Edited by bipto

I'll be a bit mysterious here and tell you to read the Endurance report I expect we'll be publishing shortly.

Not that I know of, but Daryl said he fired it extensively two weeks prior at a variety of distances.

Will you be posting the report here?

If not, will you notify us as where we can read the report?

Thanks so much.. :wub:

Edited by SweetSusiq

Sorry for not reading entire thread, and the answer is probably there somewhere......would like to ask Bipto what his connection to this story is?

Will you be posting the report here?

If not, will you notify us as where we can read the report?

It'll be posted on our site. I'm trying to get it up this weekend, but it may be as late as Monday. As soon as it's live, I'll start a thread here about it as I'm quite positive it will generate a whole new round of questions.

Sorry for not reading entire thread, and the answer is probably there somewhere......would like to ask Bipto what his connection to this story is?

I am a member of the TBRC and serve on its board of directors and as its Media and PR Coordinator. I'm essentially its official spokesman. Also, I was on the tenth and last Operation Endurance team called Juliet.

Fun fact: I was slated to be on Echo team up until just a week or so before it went out but had to drop out due to work. I've been kicking myself ever since.

Edited by bipto

If they were there, they were able to keep their presence hidden for more than a month. No lights at night, no apparent camp, moving over rugged and uneven ground, even after one their wooly-suited buddies got shot at. We had two daylight sightings over this period, so is it possible there were hoaxers who made the sounds yet our sightings were still valid? Or were they running around in suits in oppressive heat, too? Even after the gunfire?

Some say anything is possible, but I can't believe these were people. It stretches the bounds of plausibility.

I think the hoax as an answer should not even be considered for for some of the studies,cases,etc... humans by nature are ,for the most part, lazy.They are not going to go through great

trouble just to trick some strangers that might find it or groups that are investigating.It's just to much work and there is no real reward for there efforts.

just like some the cases that are questioned. You can entertain all possible explanations, but the answer already given by the witness seems to be the correct one.

Edited by zigoapex

Those recordings certainly sound like humans. Especially so when they speak in english. I just don't want to see anyone get shot.

Guest parnassus

Bipto

Of those in the group who carry firearms, what is the approximate breakdown as to type ie rifle, shotgun or pistol? Are non kill people generally mixed in with kill people or do they go at different times? How many in the Echo group?

Thanks

p

Edited by parnassus