Why has bigfoot not been listed as an endangered species?

georgerm

58 minutes ago, norseman said:

No, it’s backward there.........

That would even be SOMETHING if it related to our field.

Science includes "supposedly"? Well, I've known that for years, but that seems like a revelation coming from you.

........But it IS in the Congressional record.........

That, too, ain't Science. Moreover, that can even be described as the Liars Industry.

........But alas no Government whistleblower has come forward claiming the US Government is in possession of Bigfoot bodies.

True. But, as you might recall, I don't believe the UFO whistleblowers. I think they're misinformation agents. Government can prove otherwise anytime they'd like. I'll admit I was wrong when they get an alien to address a press conference.

8 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Says who? Got some documentation on that, Partner? The petition says that the evidence (film, footprints, testimony) establishes existence, the fact that such evidence is rare indicates low density, and the fact that the department has never conducted a study, never responded to reports, and never documented anything regarding the species proves that they have no scientific basis to refute the petition.

Documentation? I would ask you the same thing? Show me a petition to ask the government to study a mythological creature.

This is about as close as I have seen. “Lacked any air of reality”. The case was tossed in BC.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45414641IMG_1343.thumb.png.9f6c12426a785a119b4c98e2779c3253.png

2 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Science includes "supposedly"? Well, I've known that for years, but that seems like a revelation coming from you.

That, too, ain't Science. Moreover, that can even be described as the Liars Industry.

True. But, as you might recall, I don't believe the UFO whistleblowers. I think they're misinformation agents. Government can prove otherwise anytime they'd like. I'll admit I was wrong when they get an alien to address a press conference.

I know your wires are crossed.

Concerning UFO’s you think they don’t exist and the government is trying to get us to believe in them.

Concerning Bigfoot you do think they exist, but the government is trying to get us to not believe in them.

I am a witness to UFO’s. I am not a witness to Bigfoot.🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

It's premature to say that it doesn't apply.

No.  Show me a single unproven species on the endangered species list.   (There are none.)   The thing has to be proven to be real before it can qualify for any sort of protection.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Huntster said:

So are aliens from space, but government is looking for them, aren't they?

Anything which might be a security threat to the USA is looked at.    It’s prudent to look into reports of things in the sky since it could be a weather ballon, Chinese spy drone, or a threat from outside our world.   That’s why they continue to look into reports of a flying something.      Any potential North American ape ( Bigfoot) does not represent a threat to our country esp compared to the ramifications of any flying object terrestrial or not.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, norseman said:

Documentation? I would ask you the same thing? Show me a petition to ask the government to study a mythological creature.........

I don't have one. I'm outlining the process of an ESA listing. I provided links. If you want documentation of the existence of sasquatches, I refer you to the PG film and BFRO report database.

Edited by Huntster

.........Concerning UFO’s you think they don’t exist and the government is trying to get us to believe in them.

Concerning Bigfoot you do think they exist, but the government is trying to get us to not believe in them..........

No, UFOs (Unidentified flying objects) exist. They're seen all the time. I simply reject the theory that they're from extraterrestrial sources. I believe that government is playing off the sightings in a way that might generate additional funding, similar to how they're discouraging the discovery of sasquatches in order to avoid the nightmare of managing them.

2 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Undocumented mythical creatures are seldom listed on endangered lists.

Correct. But sasquatches should be.

1 hour ago, MIB said:

No.  Show me a single unproven species on the endangered species list.   (There are none.)   The thing has to be proven to be real before it can qualify for any sort of protection.  

I can't, because there are none. That does not mean that it's premature to say that sasquatches shouldn't be listed because they haven't been "unproven". They have been exhaustively documented, and the agency has not studied them at all. Their irresponsibility doesn't relieve them from the study.

1 hour ago, Backdoc said:

Anything which might be a security threat to the USA is looked at.    It’s prudent to look into reports of things in the sky since it could be a weather ballon, Chinese spy drone, or a threat from outside our world.   That’s why they continue to look into reports of a flying something.      Any potential North American ape ( Bigfoot) does not represent a threat to our country esp compared to the ramifications of any flying object terrestrial or not.   

The USFWS, BLM, USDA, and USFS do not address security threats from outer space. That's what DoD and DHS do. When it comes to ESA, that's the responsibility of our wildlife and land management agencies, and they aren't getting the job done.

1 hour ago, MIB said:

........The thing has to be proven to be real before it can qualify for any sort of protection.  

Says who? Got any documentation that says that?

10 hours ago, Huntster said:

Says who? Got any documentation that says that?

The Canadian government for one.

No, UFOs (Unidentified flying objects) exist. They're seen all the time. I simply reject the theory that they're from extraterrestrial sources. I believe that government is playing off the sightings in a way that might generate additional funding, similar to how they're discouraging the discovery of sasquatches in order to avoid the nightmare of managing them.

I am using the term UFO to mean they are an extraterrestrial source. Meaning the government doesn’t know what they are either. Even if they have retrieved crashed vehicles and pilots.

Within that context? You don’t believe in them.

The USFWS, BLM, USDA, and USFS do not address security threats from outer space. That's what DoD and DHS do. When it comes to ESA, that's the responsibility of our wildlife and land management agencies, and they aren't getting the job done.

Let's list some reasons why the Department of Interior is not lifting a finger to get bigfoot listed as an endangered species.

1. They are too busy looking for endangered toads 

2. They lack funds to hire enough field researchers.

3. Bigfoot listed as an endangered species might shut down huge tracts of timber for logging ane park revenue.

4. They don't realize that logging and bigfoot can coexist.

5. They know bigfoot is being droped off in our forest by aliens and it's beyond our control.

6. They know bigfoot and fairies are impossible to study.

7.  The want to sit on their butts and collect pay checks.

8.  Bigfoot farts and disappears when federal biologist get too close.

The Department of the Interior manages public lands and minerals, national parks, and wildlife refuges and upholds Federal trust responsibilities to Indian tribes and Native Alaskans. Additionally, Interior is responsible for ENDANGERED SPECIES conservation and other environmental conservation efforts.

The USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) is responsible for overseeing farming, ranching, and forestry industries, as well as regulating aspects of food quality and safety and nutrition labeling. The USDA is further tasked with administering several social welfare programs including free school lunches and food stamps.

• Upvote 1

The Canadian government for one.

I believe you mean a Canadian court. Do you have that reference for our review, please?