Why has bigfoot not been listed as an endangered species?

georgerm

4 minutes ago, Huntster said:

I believe you mean a Canadian court. Do you have that reference for our review, please?

I posted it above bud.

1 hour ago, norseman said:

I am using the term UFO to mean they are an extraterrestrial source……..

A UFO is almost always something from Earth. The recent Chinese balloon fluff up is an excellent example. If you’re speaking of extraterrestrial vehicles, please be clear for the sake of effective communication.

……..Meaning the government doesn’t know what they are either…….. 

Even a DoD sponsored program is unknown by most of DoD (and Congress) itself.

Just now, Huntster said:

A UFO is almost always something from Earth. The recent Chinese balloon fluff up is an excellent example. If you’re speaking of extraterrestrial vehicles, please be clear for the sake of effective communication.

Even a DoD sponsored program is unknown by most of DoD (and Congress) itself.

It’s too hard to spell….🤣

Yes but what we see now? Has been seen in WW2 as “foo fighters” and even through out antiquity. So either US Military black projects are older than the USA? Or something unworldly is in our atmosphere.

30 minutes ago, norseman said:

……..Yes but what we see now? Has been seen in WW2 as “foo fighters” and even through out antiquity. So either US Military black projects are older than the USA? Or something unworldly is in our atmosphere.

You might even be seeing time machines from our own future. Until you catch one “and provide type specimens to Science”, you don’t know what it is or if it even exists. 

(Back at ya’:) You have to prove it before you can get government to admit what they are.

Isn’t that how it works?

3 hours ago, norseman said:

I posted it above bud.

I found a link to the decision through your BBC reference. Here is a direct link to it:

https://www.bccourts.ca/jdb-txt/sc/18/14/2018BCSC1499.htm

In this case Todd Standing sued the Minister of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development (Her Majesty the Queen in Right of the Province of British Columbia). From the judgement:

......In this case the plaintiff seeks:

1.     A Declaration that, Sasquatch is a hominoid or primate (Giganto Horridus Hominoidand/or Gigantopithecus) type of species, also known as a bigfoot, and is an indigenous mammal living within British Columbia.

2.     A Declaration that the Defendant infringed the fundamental human rights of the Plaintiff as it relates to his concerns regarding Sasquatch.

3.     A Declaration that the Defendant committed a dereliction of duty, in regard to recognizing and protecting the Sasquatch species, a hominoid or primate, also known as bigfoot........

This is quite different than a petition for the USFWS to list sasquatches as an endangered species. Mr. Standing is here demanding that the minister declares sasquatches as existing, demands that the minister infringed on Mr. Standings rights somehow, and that the agency committed dereliction of duty in their failure to declare sasquatches as extant. 

A petition to list a species as endangered is not seeking or declaring damages or wrong doing. It is a legal request for a study to determine population status, and anybody can submit such a request. The request must be addressed in a specific amount of time, and the reply establishes what further action is required and the new timeline for that action. 

We can guess the response of the agency. It would mirror the response of the minister in the Standing case and the universal claim of all the participants on this thread: "It's a mythical creature, so a study is not justified."

That is a premature statement. The evidence of existence would be part and parcel with the petition for listing. It would consist of:

1) The PG film, and a few of the published studies of that film, especially the Munns study

2) A collection of footprint casts, especially those associated with other evidence, like the casts of the Freeman filming, the PG film, the Meldrum footprint analysis of Walla Walla, etc.

3) The BFRO database, if Mr. Moneymaker would cooperate, along with a map of the reports.

This evidence would be the evidence presented to support the contention that the population was endangered, but more importantly, it would be strong evidence of existence that the agency would be extremely hard pressed to discount. When challenged to support their expected claims that the evidence was fraudulent, they would be in almost certain failure because they would have to admit that they have not studied any of the evidence. Ever. At the very least, the agency could be challenged to study the presented evidence to discount it, or study the species itself to determine population status. The goal is to force government to study the phenomenon.

Edited by Huntster

22 minutes ago, Huntster said:

The goal is to force government to study the phenomenon.

Bringing in a body is the easiest way to do that, not that it's an easy task.

So far as pursuing it through the courts, hope you don't mind banging your head against the wall for a couple decades and most likely still walking away with nothing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chim Chim said:

Bringing in a body is the easiest way to do that, not that it's an easy task.........

Who do you bring it to?

........So far as pursuing it through the courts, hope you don't mind banging your head against the wall for a couple decades and most likely still walking away with nothing. 

Yeah, agreed. I have way more experience with the courts than I ever wanted, and it will freeze in Hell before I'd ever go willingly again. I also agree that it's probably an exercise in futility. They don't want sasquatch discovery, and they'll fight it to the bitter end. But I also see a remote possibility of getting a judge who sees through their BS and wants to know why they haven't done squat all this time.

6 hours ago, Huntster said:

You might even be seeing time machines from our own future. Until you catch one “and provide type specimens to Science”, you don’t know what it is or if it even exists. 

(Back at ya’:) You have to prove it before you can get government to admit what they are.

Isn’t that how it works?

It is. With the caveat it’s not a earth extant species we are talking about. It’s a much more advanced civilization.

We are the ants….

4 hours ago, Huntster said:

I found a link to the decision through your BBC reference. Here is a direct link to it:

https://www.bccourts.ca/jdb-txt/sc/18/14/2018BCSC1499.htm

In this case Todd Standing sued the Minister of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development (Her Majesty the Queen in Right of the Province of British Columbia). From the judgement:

This is quite different than a petition for the USFWS to list sasquatches as an endangered species. Mr. Standing is here demanding that the minister declares sasquatches as existing, demands that the minister infringed on Mr. Standings rights somehow, and that the agency committed dereliction of duty in their failure to declare sasquatches as extant. 

A petition to list a species as endangered is not seeking or declaring damages or wrong doing. It is a legal request for a study to determine population status, and anybody can submit such a request. The request must be addressed in a specific amount of time, and the reply establishes what further action is required and the new timeline for that action. 

We can guess the response of the agency. It would mirror the response of the minister in the Standing case and the universal claim of all the participants on this thread: "It's a mythical creature, so a study is not justified."

That is a premature statement. The evidence of existence would be part and parcel with the petition for listing. It would consist of:

1) The PG film, and a few of the published studies of that film, especially the Munns study

2) A collection of footprint casts, especially those associated with other evidence, like the casts of the Freeman filming, the PG film, the Meldrum footprint analysis of Walla Walla, etc.

3) The BFRO database, if Mr. Moneymaker would cooperate, along with a map of the reports.

This evidence would be the evidence presented to support the contention that the population was endangered, but more importantly, it would be strong evidence of existence that the agency would be extremely hard pressed to discount. When challenged to support their expected claims that the evidence was fraudulent, they would be in almost certain failure because they would have to admit that they have not studied any of the evidence. Ever. At the very least, the agency could be challenged to study the presented evidence to discount it, or study the species itself to determine population status. The goal is to force government to study the phenomenon.

It’s not quite different. It’s similar. The first step is getting the government to recognize Bigfoot as a real species.

6 minutes ago, norseman said:

It’s not quite different. It’s similar. The first step is getting the government to recognize Bigfoot as a real species.

They will no sooner admit the existence of sasquatch than they will admit the existence of aliens. Ain't happening. The first step is getting the agency in front of a judge, then expose them as negligent.........by their own rules. The ESA does that. They cannot say that sasquatches don't exist if they've never studied the evidence, and they cannot say that they're not endangered if they're so rare that they say they don't exist. 

On 10/15/2023 at 9:55 PM, norseman said:

Supposedly they already found them. 

The Government has had physical evidence of extraterrestrial life since the 1940's. This is why they are now openly researching the topic.

32 minutes ago, jgood7014 said:

The Government has had physical evidence of extraterrestrial life since the 1940's. This is why they are now openly researching the topic.

That's the common belief, but is there proof of that?

• Upvote 1

On 10/19/2023 at 12:51 PM, Huntster said:

That's the common belief, but is there proof of that?

What are some of the proposed changes to the Endangered Species Act and what does it mean? 

"June 4, 2021 The FWS and NMFS announce plans to begin rulemaking processes under the ESA to (1) rescind Trump-era rules revising FWS's process for considering exclusions from critical habitat designations; (2) rescind rules defining “habitat”; (3) revise rules for listing species and designating critical habitat; (4) ..."

"The U.S. Supreme Court found that "the plain intent of Congress in enacting" the ESA "was to halt and reverse the trend toward species extinction, whatever the cost." 

"For example, section 4 requires the agencies overseeing the Act to designate imperiled species as threatened or endangered. Section 9 prohibits unlawful ‘take,’ of such species, which means to “harass, harm, hunt...”

On 10/15/2023 at 7:08 PM, Huntster said:

.........I don't believe the UFO whistleblowers. I think they're misinformation agents. Government can prove otherwise anytime they'd like. I'll admit I was wrong when they get an alien to address a press conference.

On 10/15/2023 at 10:26 AM, georgerm said:

What's holding up the process to list Bigfoot? 

Obviously, "they" (TPTB) don't want to. There's no benefit to them to do so. Therefore, it won't happen, regardless of any evidence. There's plenty of it out there, and it means squatch, I mean, squat.