What If Nothing Comes Of The Ketchum/op/erickson Projects?

Guest StankApe

Yeah Mulder but i get where RRS is coming from. How many times have we been told that "this is it!! we have the evidence!!" only to have it turn out to be inconclusive, or a hoax, or somebody got overexcited before it was determined to be a horse hair or so decayed as to not be DNA viable... After awhile you end up being a little skeptical and gun shy of grandiose claims.(especially when one considers that rather "colorful" ahem, characters that inhabit some of the various echelons of Bigfootery.)

Not to say that THIS will turn out the same. But it's hard to get all fired up about it when Peter keeps crying wolf over and over again.

One interesting thing to consider . I don't think anyone has really discussed what will happen to the upper tier Bigfooters if Ketchum's study "PROVES" Bigfoot is real. They will likely have no more to do as the mainstream scientists will come in with grants and teams and they will be doing the legwork. I reckon a few of the more known guys might get gigs as guides, but it seems to me that a lot of people who make a living/partial living could be out of work. Makes you wonder if they have considered that the discovery of Bigfoot to the mainstream science world means the possible end of the Bigfootery world...

Something to ponder.

edited cuz I type wayy to fast and never proofread

Edited by StankApe

Guest RedRatSnake

Answer to Jodie's post

Things seem to have changed since this DNA stuff popped up, years ago it seemed to be the talk if one was found the thing to do was get exposure ASAP, maybe call up Green or one of those guys, now it's lets keep the body for DNA testing then show the world.

I say show the world the body now and you won't have to prove it using DNA, folks will take the word of a few zoo's, maybe get Bill Clinton to confirm it, i like him i'll take his word :)

You do realize that there are more samples involved in the study than the "Sierra Shooting" sample?

Yes i do, but i have to buy the story first before i worry about the samples, i bet if just this story hit the news with out the samples, it would have went down just like Bug's and his story, we don't know what those samples are just yet and there are no pictures of a BF, so that leaves only trust in the entire thing.

Edited by RedRatSnake

gotta say, RRS makes some good points, & im someone who figures there might be something to the whole BF mystery.

ive been taking a break from all the BF business. BF the creature can be interesting,but some aspects of BF the community could give a guy a headache.

with the multiple projects, DNAs vs NDAs ,PGFs, nyuk nyuk nyuk & nananabooboo going on.............

still ,nothing yet to show, but like RRS says, all that leaves is to trust......... so,whether skeptical or proponent, the results have been about the same, imo, build ups to let downs.

Bf is , imo, the perpetual arguement. officially ,so far nobody can prove it, & nobody can truly disprove it , so it keeps going round & round.........

so as to the OP, what if nothing comes of these projects? i suspect more BF business as usual

Edited by slicktrick

One interesting thing to consider . I don't think anyone has really discussed what will happen to the upper tier Bigfooters if Ketchum's study "PROVES" Bigfoot is real. They will likely have no more to do as the mainstream scientists will come in with grants and teams and they will be doing the legwork. I reckon a few of the more known guys might get gigs as guides, but it seems to me that a lot of people who make a living/partial living could be out of work. Makes you wonder if they have considered that the discovery of Bigfoot to the mainstream science world means the possible end of the Bigfootery world...

Something to ponder.

Loathe as I am to admit it, you have a point here. If/when BF is proven, the "real scientists" will come in and push out the "lay" researchers. Such is the nature of Institutional Science.

Yes i do, but i have to buy the story first before i worry about the samples, i bet if just this story hit the news with out the samples, it would have went down just like Bug's and his story, we don't know what those samples are just yet and there are no pictures of a BF, so that leaves only trust in the entire thing.

If I'm reading you correctly, you also have a point. The SS story is the most talked about proffered provenance for a Ketchum Study sample I know of. Discrediting the SS story would make it 10x harder for the other samples to be taken seriously based on the "first impression" left by SS.

Worth more? There is a standing $2million out there for a body. I can't see it becoming worth much more than that unless you take it out on tour like King Tut.

Do you really think Todd Standing has two million ready to hand out?

If Lindsay is correct, then General did change his story somewhat from his original postings on a taxidermy web site. There, he said he had shot the large Bigfoot in the back as it moved away from him. Also, if Lindsay's sourcing is correct, General's father does not believe he shot two Bigfoot. He shot two bears, the father thinks (again, if Lindsay has a good source).

I don't know what the DNA report will show, but caution should prevail if it is tied too closely to the Sierra Kill story or the Erickson Project.

This has been revealed recently.

SasquatchillustrationbyArletDevisser.jpg

The Erickson Bigfoot as drawn.

Below, a commercial Bigfoot mask. (Found here: http://www.latexmask...2=0&Category3=0 )

BigFoot_3185.jpg

Guest slimwitless

This has been revealed recently/

The rubber mask "revelation" has been around a long time. I saw it on Cryptomundo quite a while back. That's probably also why the image on Erickson's site was called: this_is_just_an_artists_rendering_dont_make_a_big_deal_out_of_it.jpg

I'm not sure how you can discredit the Sierra Kills story if Ketchum's science is solid and it matches her other BF samples (which it purportedly does). There will always be questionable aspects to the story (things like motivation, etc). It's the central premise that matters. It all comes down to the science.

If Lindsay is correct, then General did change his story somewhat from his original postings on a taxidermy web site. There, he said he had shot the large Bigfoot in the back as it moved away from him. Also, if Lindsay's sourcing is correct, General's father does not believe he shot two Bigfoot. He shot two bears, the father thinks (again, if Lindsay has a good source).

I don't know what the DNA report will show, but caution should prevail if it is tied too closely to the Sierra Kill story or the Erickson Project.

Assuming it's true that General's father thinks he shot two bears, what does that have to do with Ketchum's study? Are you suggesting she exclude the sample even if she believes it's from a Bigfoot? It might explain why General is so anxious for the results to come out.

Edited by slimwitless

Assuming it's true that General's father thinks he shot two bears, what does that have to do with Ketchum's study? Are you suggesting she exclude the sample even if she believes it's from a Bigfoot? It might explain why General is so anxious for the results to come out.

Didn't the young BF supposedly die in General's arms ? I would think that if he was that close to it he would have been able to tell if it was a bear or not. Considering he's hunted bear before I would also think he might be able to tell the difference.

Guest slimwitless

I agree. General knows it wasn't a bear. I only meant he might want the proof for his father (rather than a bunch of impatient posters on a fringe Internet forum).

Edited to add it's probably none of our business. If Ketchum can deliver the proof she claims, it's all moot.

Edited by slimwitless

Guest parnassus

DR

No offense but from your comment above... are you vouching for General based simply on your confidence in your ability to tell if someone is lying?

This has been revealed recently.

SasquatchillustrationbyArletDevisser.jpg

The Erickson Bigfoot as drawn.

Below, a commercial Bigfoot mask. (Found here: http://www.latexmask...2=0&Category3=0 )

BigFoot_3185.jpg

The general description of BF is well known. You make too much out of this.

The general description of BF is well known. You make too much out of this.

Please show me a representation of Bigfoot, either drawn or mask-wise, that as closely resembles these two representations as they do each other, please.

Perhaps you make too little of the similiarities.

The rubber mask "revelation" has been around a long time. I saw it on Cryptomundo quite a while back. That's probably also why the image on Erickson's site was called: this_is_just_an_artists_rendering_dont_make_a_big_deal_out_of_it.jpg

I'm not sure how you can discredit the Sierra Kills story if Ketchum's science is solid and it matches her other BF samples (which it purportedly does). There will always be questionable aspects to the story (things like motivation, etc). It's the central premise that matters. It all comes down to the science.

Who knows if Lindsay's sources are legitimate.

Who knows if Ketchum's science is solid.

Who knows if the General is a hoaxer or not.

We must wait and see.

In the meantime, all I suggested was "caution".

You disagree?

Guest StankApe

Do you really think Todd Standing has two million ready to hand out?

I meant a standing offer of $2 mill not Todd Standing. I think the Nat'l Enquirer is offering $2 mill for a Bigfoot body...

Ahh I see Stankape.

As for Justin, he seems to be a very friendly and basically easy going person. Most of the rumors I heard came from him so if he had a body tucked away somewhere I'm sure you would have heard about it before now, Derek. Of course, if Justin has been spinning yarns on here for whatever reason then that doesn't speak very well for trust. I don't have a vested interest in the situation for that issue to really matter to me one way or the other.