What If Nothing Comes Of The Ketchum/op/erickson Projects?

Oops, sorry. Typo. I meant to type "gen" as in general, and my dang iPhone thought it knew better than me what I wanted to type. Dang autocorrect switched it to gem.

Ya, I don't want anyone outed, but I agree with Jodie. They say they are in it, they are fair game to questions.

Guest bsruther

I don't think it fair to produce a laundry list and proddingly mention member ids. (and how do you know it's a she?) that are not forthcoming about their alliances. It is their call, not ours.

Outing of member ids. is up to themselves, not other members, the way I understand it.

You are absolutely right and post #690 of the EP thread is just one of the times where Sasky "outs" herself, yes her.

Hi Poly,

My NDA is with the Erickson Project and they are in a collaborative agreement with DNA Diagnostics.

BFF Patron

That's great I guess she didn't "out" her actual name, which was my contention for asking.

Guest slimwitless

Ketchum made two comments on her FB page about four hours ago in response to a request for a heads up on the study:

Thank you so much for your support. The only heads up will be controlled by the journal publishing the paper. They tell us when we can release so I am at their mercy when the time comes. I know it is very hard for the general public to understand unless they have previously dealt with peer reviewed publications. The rules are very stringent and it is that more than the NDAs that keep me from any real comments. If you address your research in public, then it cannot be published and if you do not publish, nobody will believe the findings and it will all be for nothing.

and

You also cannot control how long the peer review takes.

Well I questioned it because she called it the "project" in her previous statement. It left me with the impression that she hadn't started writing anything. So, good to know that she has.

Thank you so much for your support. The only heads up will be controlled by the journal publishing the paper. They tell us when we can release so I am at their mercy when the time comes.

That's some cumbersome wording. The 'time coming' she refers to could be interpreted as 'once the paper is submitted'.

I find it curious that she seems incapable of saying something clear like, "The paper is in review and we'll let you know more as soon as we're permitted. Thank you for your continued patience."

Edited by Bonehead74
  • Upvote 1

BFF Patron

Yes, exactly, plus one for that!

I don't blame Dr. K for not stating more than she has. Confirming anything only sets expectations higher, and if it didn't pass review for some reason, then evidence for the existence of the actual manuscript might not be available for some time if there were many things to rework or if it were to be submitted elsewhere. Most people I see posting around here don't seem to have the patience to work with this process.

HairyGreek was right.

BFF Patron

And Hairy Greek is gone, says alot.

Well, it does appear that Erickson is having some financial difficulties. This is from the Osoyoos Times posted today -

Four weeks ago the Osoyoos Times reprinted a press release and letter of appeal for understanding from Adrian Erickson, developer of the massive Regal Ridge properties on Anarchist Mountain. The letter acknowledged that Regal Ridge was undergoing restructuring and downsizing. Certain costs for infrastructure development, said Erickson, would have to be shifted. Causes for the shortage of funds was attributed to the decline in the economic climate, competition from crushed housing prices in the U.S. Sunbelt and “uncontrollable power infrastructure costs.â€

This might explain why Erickson pulled down the website. I'm not necessarily suggesting it was a financial decision, but a business decision. He looks like he's fighting to keep things above water with his development company. That might be hard to do if you're "that Bigfoot guy."

REGAL RIDGE UNDER SIEGE

Edited by rwridley

BFF Patron

Sad, but a true sign of the times. I have seen the same events played out locally among developers. Lack of basic utilities in a planned community will break most deals.

Though I wish him well, I am not optimistic about the direction of things.

In regard to Sasquatch, maybe he had to do what he had to do. Hope it helps somewhat.

Guest slimwitless

Well, it does appear that Erickson is having some financial difficulties. This is from the Osoyoos Times posted today -

One of the "unfortunate" people interviewed owns the lot at "No. 27 Sasquatch Trail". It seems Bigfoot is never far from Erickson's mind.

You may be right about the reasons he pulled the site but it also doesn't do much to dispel the rumor he may have sold the footage outright.

Edited by slimwitless