What If Nothing Comes Of The Ketchum/op/erickson Projects?

SSR Team

I imagine a downward spiral of epic proportions.

Excellent, this subject desperately needs a cull... :)

I'd say if nothing comes from it, it's much ado about nothing. They will still be real, and the search will continue. DR may never trust another persons word ever again, and I'm sure that they will have learned a valuable lesson, but they will remain unscathed, IMO. Ketchum, and the EP are a completely different story. They will suffer tremendous character attacks, and will be lumped in with the Biscardi's of the world. All purely hypothetical, of course. I don't believe for a second that there is no substance to the OP, and Ketchum's work. Time will tell, but I've dealt with DR in the past, and there is nothing about him that would tell me that he isn't anything but a stand-up dude, and someone who's word you couldn't trust. Erickson, on the other hand, I'm not so sure about. I think something will transpire from this eventually, though. I don't know if it'll shake the very foundation of life as we know it, but I think it'll open a huge can of worms for the naysayers of the world.

Even if nothing comes of these studies/projects, we will have gained more adherents to the "human" (vs "more apelike/giganto)hypothesis, as well as the hybridization hypothesis. Before the talk/rumors from these projects, I am not sure what the numbers looked like for persons seriously believing that BF might interbreed with modern humans. I think that has ALL changed now. I could be wrong, but I think that this way of thinking has gained A LOT of new believers, at least in the POSSIBILITY of it happening...Anyone have access to past polls to confirm any leap in numbers on these hypotheses?

post-395-022600500 1320197002_thumb.jpg

patiently waiting......

OK...out of patiently waiting mode for a tad.

DR may never trust another persons word ever again, and I'm sure that they will have learned a valuable lesson, but they will remain unscathed,

I don't see it that way. Let's say that General is lying ( calm down Gen...I'm just throwing out a hypothetical) Why would DR not trust him? How could he prove it? All General has done was present a hunk of flesh that he found a few weeks after his alleged shooting? He didn't say he carved it off a dead BF. If it turns out to be something else...how could you prove he was lying even if he was? You can't.....and DR won't be able to say Gen was lying either. Absent a full confession, I think DR is gonna believe the Gen at this point regardless of the outcome. (again...I'm just pointing this out for purposes of discussion...so anyone who is freaking out...just calm down and read this again)

Regardless of that, will DR had learned a valuable lesson from this whole debacle? I would wager to say he would be the first to tell you "Abso-freaking-lutley"....but I will let him speak for himself on that.

IMO. Ketchum, and the EP are a completely different story. They will suffer tremendous character attacks, and will be lumped in with the Biscardi's of the world.

IF that happens....they will simply blame the hype and speculation. The record will show that Ketcham, while skirting the edges reeeeeeeeeeeeeeealy close, has never made a definitive statement either way on whether her research will prove the existence of BF. If my memory is wrong...please correct me and plaster it all over this forum.

If Erickson doesn't come out with something.....his rep is screwed....especially after dangling that picture in front of us on that front page of that small town newspaper.

back to patiently waiting mode

Edited by slabdog

Hey Slab, here's the thing. I believe the General and I know the results. So on the outward chance that everybody's lying to me, then shame on me for being stupid. I REALLY don't think that's the case here though my friend. Here's the other thing. I have an extremely busy extremely happy life. Bigfoot research is not even close to my main priority. Believe it or not, I'd rather hunt Deer than look for Bigfoot, seriously. I have 5 great children, a happy marriage, two businesses and a whole bag full of hobbies. If I end up in the Bigfoot hall of shame for believing someone then so be it. In the research world fellow researchers can turn on you in a second. You have to keep it in perspective if you want to try and study this critter. I have spent an enormous amount of time doing this, but I've enjoyed almost all of it. Trust me when I say that if this all goes bad, I'll be just fine. I'm not worried at all. If I left research tomorrow I'd have a whole bunch of other things to occupy my time, and I'd leave with a good attitude. This has been a blast!

One last thing. I've been very forthright and honest with everyone here. I would feel different if I was BSing. All we've done is provide evidence and stay focused on our camera work. No harm, no foul. If this "go's bad", I swear you wont see me in some crisis center playing with razor blades.

DR

Guest Crowlogic

Actually nothing has come out of it. Where are the headlines plastered all over creation announcing that BF has been confirmed? There aren't any of course and that is the one and only payoff that means anything. It's the bottom of the 9th there's 2 outs, 2 strikes 0 balls and nobody on base. The ball needs to be knocked out of the ballpark and the pitcher is at bat............

Crowlogic,

you seem to talk with a lot of hostility. You've been posting like you're angry at everyone involved. Not trying to pick a fight, just curious. Are you a skeptic, or just mad at all of us for trying to advance this study?

I don't think ANYONE associates you with any of the frustrations involved, Derek. It's too bad it got leaked out that it's in process, but once it did, there's no reason that the people running the lab work couldn't keep people updated. It's a choice. They have set themselves up to look like the Georgia guys and every other situation that didn't pan out. Silence isn't always golden.

Tim B.

SSR Team

Crowlogic,

you seem to talk with a lot of hostility. You've been posting like you're angry at everyone involved. Not trying to pick a fight, just curious. Are you a skeptic, or just mad at all of us for trying to advance this study?

The Crow has always spoke with the upmost hostility but for some reason is one of thee only Posters that always makes me smile when i read her posts no matter what, she's an old Foe that's been around for a LONG time now.. :D

The Crow also believes that BF as a species USED TO exist, but went extinct in the late 60's early 70's believe it or not, ain't that right Crow ??

BFF Patron

Hey Slab, here's the thing. I believe the General and I know the results. So on the outward chance that everybody's lying to me, then shame on me for being stupid. I REALLY don't think that's the case here though my friend. Here's the other thing. I have an extremely busy extremely happy life. Bigfoot research is not even close to my main priority. Believe it or not, I'd rather hunt Deer than look for Bigfoot, seriously. I have 5 great children, a happy marriage, two businesses and a whole bag full of hobbies. If I end up in the Bigfoot hall of shame for believing someone then so be it. In the research world fellow researchers can turn on you in a second. You have to keep it in perspective if you want to try and study this critter. I have spent an enormous amount of time doing this, but I've enjoyed almost all of it. Trust me when I say that if this all goes bad, I'll be just fine. I'm not worried at all. If I left research tomorrow I'd have a whole bunch of other things to occupy my time, and I'd leave with a good attitude. This has been a blast!

One last thing. I've been very forthright and honest with everyone here. I would feel different if I was BSing. All we've done is provide evidence and stay focused on our camera work. No harm, no foul. If this "go's bad", I swear you wont see me in some crisis center playing with razor blades.

DR

Yep, anyone that has disposable time and money is free to explore avenues of interest. People that have been long-term researchers in this field gain alot of respect from myself (with the exception of the known hoaxers who have been adequately exposed on the first version of this forum). Out in a flash or in it for the long haul, take your pick. Anybody can add to the field by taking on some of their own small projects. It is nice to know there have been dedicated millionaire backers, blue collar longitudinal players and everything in between trying to better the field and research environment. If nothing else, I'm hoping that people can take the good from these projects and, if interested, expand on them--where possible--and learn a little about how difficult and how much of an investment in time, energy, money and personal fortitude it takes to make small gains of knowledge about BF.

Anytime somebody says a giant leap of knowledge may be forthcoming it stirs the faithful. I have to admit I am still fired up about the prospects. To be fired up after 25 years of pursuit is a little difficult for this five year vet to understand but I have a feeling that this pursuit changes your constitution when you realize you are close. So a little Kevlar and Teflon goes a long way to armor ones self against the tide of inertia, backstabbing, avarice, loathing, etc. Kudos for those who can put this field into perspective and into a prospective compartment in the realm of their everyday existence. To be successful with that is a worthy goal I think.

Guest Crowlogic

Crowlogic,

Angry? No not at all. Hostile? In some ways yes but my hostility is more of an abstract hostility. But in terms of research let's consider the work of Bill Munns for a moment. For over two years Bill has shared his findings with the community here. Sometimes he's been dead on and other times he's been off the mark and needs to backtrack to correct the flaw. But he's real forthright and most importantly transparent as he is proceeding. This IMO indicates that he is the genuine article and is being genuine in his research.

The Sierra shooting has a bit too much cloak and dagger worked into it by now. Somehow I'm being reminded of the infamous Men In Black and their creator a fellow with the last name Bender. Sorry I can't recall Bender's first name at the moment. Anyhow Bender had a subscription newsletter and was publishing the most fantastic UFO stories and encounters. Eventually a few enterprising and inquisitive subscribers began to research into who Bender was. Bender was a high school kid or perhaps a college kid. It was soon appreciated that Bender was making it up as he went along and eventually it was suggested that he cease and desist or else face fraud charges. Bender apparently wise in his youth agreed to cease publication. To save face Bender created the Men In Black and in his final newsletter he sprang the M.I.B. story on his subscribers. He stated that the M.I.B. arrived at his door and confiscated all of his papers and evidence and that he was threatened with dire consequences if he did not stop publication. The Men In Black were a total fabrication of a kid out to save face.

We, the BF interested, have been perhaps on the receiving end of one too many great revelations and time has shown to be the enemy of genuine evidence and disclosure. The clock has been ticking for a long time on the Ketchum/Erickson issue and time has proven to be the enemy of genuine Bigfoot evidence/proof. Seems at least to me that at the end of the day the Men In Black are going to arrive in this case.

Crowlogic,

Angry? No not at all. Hostile? In some ways yes but my hostility is more of an abstract hostility. But in terms of research let's consider the work of Bill Munns for a moment. For over two years Bill has shared his findings with the community here. Sometimes he's been dead on and other times he's been off the mark and needs to backtrack to correct the flaw. But he's real forthright and most importantly transparent as he is proceeding. This IMO indicates that he is the genuine article and is being genuine in his research.

The Sierra shooting has a bit too much cloak and dagger worked into it by now. Somehow I'm being reminded of the infamous Men In Black and their creator a fellow with the last name Bender. Sorry I can't recall Bender's first name at the moment. Anyhow Bender had a subscription newsletter and was publishing the most fantastic UFO stories and encounters. Eventually a few enterprising and inquisitive subscribers began to research into who Bender was. Bender was a high school kid or perhaps a college kid. It was soon appreciated that Bender was making it up as he went along and eventually it was suggested that he cease and desist or else face fraud charges. Bender apparently wise in his youth agreed to cease publication. To save face Bender created the Men In Black and in his final newsletter he sprang the M.I.B. story on his subscribers. He stated that the M.I.B. arrived at his door and confiscated all of his papers and evidence and that he was threatened with dire consequences if he did not stop publication. The Men In Black were a total fabrication of a kid out to save face.

We, the BF interested, have been perhaps on the receiving end of one too many great revelations and time has shown to be the enemy of genuine evidence and disclosure. The clock has been ticking for a long time on the Ketchum/Erickson issue and time has proven to be the enemy of genuine Bigfoot evidence/proof. Seems at least to me that at the end of the day the Men In Black are going to arrive in this case.