What If Nothing Comes Of The Ketchum/op/erickson Projects?

Ya. I'm wondering what the next play for him will be? I'm guessing "be patient" will be the answer given.

Is "sasquatchthequestisahoax.com" taken? Or "ketchumfooledyou.com" may still be available.

Guest parnassus

If you look here you'll see it's not available. The domain itself doesn't expire until March of 2012. It's more like someone went in and cleaned out the content.

Maybe they flew it all to London to show to the reviewers for Nature. I could be wrong.

Guest slimwitless

Ya. I'm wondering what the next play for him will be? I'm guessing "be patient" will be the answer given.

Is "sasquatchthequestisahoax.com" taken? Or "ketchumfooledyou.com" may still be available.

I don't think that's a very logical conclusion. Erickson could have left the site up for another five months free of charge. Something else is going on.

BFF Patron

If you look here you'll see it's not available. The domain itself doesn't expire until March of 2012. It's more like someone went in and cleaned out the content.

Whois Server Version 2.0

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered

with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net

for detailed information.

Domain Name: SASQUATCHTHEQUEST.COM

Registrar: GODADDY.COM, INC.

Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com

Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com

Name Server: NS37.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

Name Server: NS38.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

Updated Date: 13-nov-2007

Creation Date: 08-mar-2007

Expiration Date: 08-mar-2012

More significant is the site was created in early 2007 (nearly 4 1/2 years ago) so it's been a long ride to date.

sasquatchthequest.org is not represented in that database it seems but also links back to the current .com site.

sasquatchthequest.edu is available though

Maybe Wally will take it on from here? If it were a site underconstruction there would have been ways to present it that way without a splash page as domain generic as what people are now confronted with.

I would have expected this to go out with bang not go out with a whimper. Guess time will tell......

SSR Team

Maybe they flew it all to London to show to the reviewers for Nature. I could be wrong.

:D

Cough, cough..

Sorry.. :blush:

Guest Thepattywagon

Either he (Erickson)found out he'd been played by some clever folks, OR he's moving on to 'Phase II'.

And we all know what that is. :huh:

Hey Slab, here's the thing. I believe the General and I know the results. So on the outward chance that everybody's lying to me, then shame on me for being stupid. I REALLY don't think that's the case here though my friend. Here's the other thing. I have an extremely busy extremely happy life. Bigfoot research is not even close to my main priority. Believe it or not, I'd rather hunt Deer than look for Bigfoot, seriously. I have 5 great children, a happy marriage, two businesses and a whole bag full of hobbies. If I end up in the Bigfoot hall of shame for believing someone then so be it. In the research world fellow researchers can turn on you in a second. You have to keep it in perspective if you want to try and study this critter. I have spent an enormous amount of time doing this, but I've enjoyed almost all of it. Trust me when I say that if this all goes bad, I'll be just fine. I'm not worried at all. If I left research tomorrow I'd have a whole bunch of other things to occupy my time, and I'd leave with a good attitude. This has been a blast!

One last thing. I've been very forthright and honest with everyone here. I would feel different if I was BSing. All we've done is provide evidence and stay focused on our camera work. No harm, no foul. If this "go's bad", I swear you wont see me in some crisis center playing with razor blades.

DR

Even should this research fall apart, that would not mean that BF does *not* exist.

However, It would be heartbreaking for me should this not pan out for the world to know that BF species is a real deal. :(

I'm seriously hoping for laws to protect them so that they are not hunted for trophies.

Guest thelion

I hope that he isn't out of the BF game. I have a 5 acre parcel in Packwood that has three families of BF's living on it. We jam Metallica, and Hank around the campfire, and they LOVE smoked salmon! I was hoping, since the tax assessed value is only about 100K, that I could get him to give me 550K for it since it's a habituation property:)

(I'll respectfully decline showing the video of Chuey, the leader of the tribe, jamming the Master of Puppets solo behind his back, because I don't really want people

knowing that they are rockers \m/ and don't want people to exploit them for their abilities...TRUST ME! They blow Alvin, and the Chipmunks out of the water!)

Hahaha good stuff :)

post-395-022600500 1320197002_thumb.jpg

patiently waiting......

OK...out of patiently waiting mode for a tad.

I don't see it that way. Let's say that General is lying ( calm down Gen...I'm just throwing out a hypothetical) Why would DR not trust him? How could he prove it? All General has done was present a hunk of flesh that he found a few weeks after his alleged shooting? He didn't say he carved it off a dead BF. If it turns out to be something else...how could you prove he was lying even if he was? You can't.....and DR won't be able to say Gen was lying either. Absent a full confession, I think DR is gonna believe the Gen at this point regardless of the outcome. (again...I'm just pointing this out for purposes of discussion...so anyone who is freaking out...just calm down and read this again)

Regardless of that, will DR had learned a valuable lesson from this whole debacle? I would wager to say he would be the first to tell you "Abso-freaking-lutley"....but I will let him speak for himself on that.

IF that happens....they will simply blame the hype and speculation. The record will show that Ketcham, while skirting the edges reeeeeeeeeeeeeeealy close, has never made a definitive statement either way on whether her research will prove the existence of BF. If my memory is wrong...please correct me and plaster it all over this forum.

If Erickson doesn't come out with something.....his rep is screwed....especially after dangling that picture in front of us on that front page of that small town newspaper.

back to patiently waiting mode

Where can I see the picture that was dangled? :D I'd love to see it.

Thanks..

New rumor is that Erickson signed a television deal. Essentially, the network wanted the website pulled in order to rebrand the project and prepare for a broadcast date of the footage. I have no idea if the rumor is accurate or not.

New rumor is that Erickson signed a television deal. Essentially, the network wanted the website pulled in order to rebrand the project and prepare for a broadcast date of the footage. I have no idea if the rumor is accurate or not.

Special 2 hour documentary on Discovery channel I assume? How'd he wiggle free from Ketchum? Or maybe she is finally done and the tv thing is the debut of it all? Interesting. Credible source for the rumor, or just someone blowing off?

SSR Team

Special 2 hour documentary on Discovery channel I assume? How'd he wiggle free from Ketchum? Or maybe she is finally done and the tv thing is the debut of it all? Interesting. Credible source for the rumor, or just someone blowing off?

After the pages & pages that i've read on this, & from what i've dismissed & taken in, that would be the most plausible thing in my opinion, what i highlighted.

I always had it in my head that Erickson was the main Player in all this & the DNA would be tied into Footage, & Erickson has the Footage so.........