Hiflier's Trail Cam Image

hiflier

Hi, everyone. I wasn't originally going to post this ohoto last summer because at the time I had stated what we all know well: Photo's are not proof. Forum member Kiwakwe back in an early July thread said that it was "impressive". And in a way it is when one considers that Maine has three large animals, bear, deer, and moose. The image in the photo doesn't appear to be any of those. The cam took the photo last June on Saturday the 24th. A friend zoomed in and did a filter enhancement but other than that the photo hasn't been touched. There will be more details coming in the backstory if you want to hear it:

Screenshot2024-01-07103455.png.2239fc00b7c16b408b8d2ff4b7f72f5a.png

Edited by hiflier

I'm not sure what I'm looking at in that photo . I have a shit ton of trailcams and all mine take clear photos night and day ?

What model and brand trail camera are you using ? Or maybe should I ask how far is the photo . You said you had the photo zoomed in .

Can you post it where the photo is untouched and not zoomed in to get a scale of distance ?

Edited by 7.62

Posted (edited)

Thanks, It's a Spypoint Flex camera and the anomaly, as I've called it, was about 35 yds (over 100ft) away. Here is the original. The "object" is at the far left. For myself? At over 100ft away there seems to be a size factor there that I've pondered over often. For a comparison the second photo is the same shot taken the previous night at the exact same time:

IMG_20230624_142525.jpg.a0ae00041ba6f6e76c52ad9319686cb9.jpg

IMG_20230624_142515.jpg.e17f523ba250e3e9e0379b33489fa04c.jpg

Edited by hiflier

Thanks I see it , it's interesting 

I don't really know what to make of it . I have always said if they are in the north east Maine is the most likely state they would be in .

Is your model rated to trigger a photo at that distance ? So you think this triggered the photo ? How many seconds did you have it set .

I usually have mine snapping photos every 2 seconds when triggered . Did it take more photos seconds later ? 

2 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

Thanks I see it , it's interesting 

I don't really know what to make of it . I have always said if they are in the north east Maine is the most likely state they would be in .

Nor do I. It's been 6 months and I have yet to figured it out. Like I said, I've hesitated to bring this here but I could use a few more minds to consider options for what it might be and what is isn't. FYI, this was taken at 2am as you can see and on private land. I had the cam up with permission from the owner who has farm animals because I and a research friend had found what looked very much like a mountain lion track.

1 minute ago, hiflier said:

Nor do I. It's been 6 months and I have yet to figured it out. Like I said, I've hesitated to bring this here but I could use a few more minds to consider options for what it might be and what is isn't. FYI, this was taken at 2am as you can see and on private land. I had the cam up with permission from the owner who has farm animals because I and a research friend had found what looked very much like a mountain lion track.

I'm glad you posted it and never hesitate this is a bigfoot forum and this is what it's for . I like this kind of stuff 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

Is your model rated to trigger a photo at that distance ? So you think this triggered the photo ? How many seconds did you have it set .

I usually have mine snapping photos every 2 seconds when triggered . Did it take more photos seconds later ? 

The limit on the cam trigger and low glow flash is 100ft max. So the only reason the anomaly got captured was because, over and above normal detection technology, I had the cam set to automatically take a photo every six hours beginning at 8am. So 2am was a preset photo op and that object just happened to be there when the cam went off. I set the cam for every 6 hours to take a photo basically to show me it hadn't been stolen.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

I'm glad you posted it and never hesitate this is a bigfoot forum and this is what it's for . I like this kind of stuff 

Thanks, 7.62, I've just seen a lot of paredolia discussion but felt this was different because it doesn't need a red circle ;) Nonetheless, it still isn't proof but there are elements....here's a bit closer shot of the area:

IMG_20230627_213516.jpg.247cb8ea79eabc96b39d4168dca43a75.jpg

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, hiflier said:

The limit on the cam trigger and low glow flash is 100ft max. So the only reason the anomaly got captured was because, over and above normal detection technology, I had the cam set to automatically take a photo every six hours beginning at 8am. So 2am was a preset photo op and that object just happened to be there when the cam went off. I set the cam for every 6 hours to take a photo basically to show me it hadn't been stolen.

Okay  , it looks like something is there and it what ever it is  it doesn't look like it's a moth or bug that flew in front . Man I just don't know .

Apparently the "object" was behind a small 9ft sparsely limbed spruce tree which is why I think the "pattern" looks so broken up. Behind that sma]spruce is an open space about 10ft deep between that and the trunk of the ash tree behind the object. The ground is very spongy back there so there were no impressions that I could detect outside of it looked like maybe bears had been grubbing around the general vicinity in spots.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Apparently the "object" was behind a small 9ft sparsely limbed spruce tree.........

Or maybe in front of?

Coupla more details> I occasionally got eyeshine but I attributed it more to owls than anything else. I also added a daytime photo of the area:IMG_20230702_092528_resized.thumb.jpg.2003d1ee721883fcdd4bc72911681f57.jpg

20230702_092725-Copy.jpg.c9d6b30648e2f23bda55a7f1e9e50be8.jpg

IMG_20230701_212028.jpg.e930565e96b49c4bcff0570f7736aed0.jpg

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Or maybe in front of?

Don't know, Huntster, could be. All I know as far as distance goes is that a 100 ft piece of twine stretched from the cam's lens and up the rise fell about 6ft short of the spruce. At that point the ground flattened out and when I took a photo from down at the cam's lens position facing the spruce I had my research buddy up there standing next to the spruce. All I could see of him in the photo was his head and he's over 5'9" so the terrain does flatten out up there. Also the spruce was about 2.5 ft taller than him when he was standing next to it.

I guess another point to make is if whatever that is was in front of the spruce it may have been close enough to actually trigger int can. In which case, like 7.62, I would have gotten at least a double photo burst of the object and maybe more. Because as I mentioned the whole thing was happenstance as far as when the cam went off and so only one photo right at that 2am moment means it was too far away to trigger the cam.

Edited by hiflier

Here is my take. Because the detail in the object some what matches its surroundings? When I just looked at the snippet it made no sense. 

But viewing it in its original trail cam photo I think it’s a beam of light hitting that tree and foliage. It’s somewhat oblong, and is brighter than its surroundings. Some one off camera to the right is shining a light and hitting the foliage in the far left of the frame.

The second object doesn’t look like eyes to me. Dunno.