Hiflier's Trail Cam Image

hiflier

Yes, but the question in my mind hasn't been what I see but how is it that I see it. As in it wasn't there the previous night nor the following night at exactly the same time, 2AM, that the cam was preset to go off. If someone was there that night, and only that night, the low-glow flash from my cam may have alerted them somehow and they dared not go back in there? There's a myriad ways to turn this over but nothing I've come up with fits the picture (pun intended) of what may have gone on there.

I have a good friend that looked at the close up in the OP and claimed that since it was early summer it could be a female Sasquatch either carrying a young one on it's chest or the young one was riding piggy back. I don't have "Bigfoot brain", and my friend doesn't either really, so I'm certainly not ready to go that far but if they exist and there was a mom around carrying a young one then one might be able to argue for it? If that was the case then determining if a creature was angling to the right across the cam's FOV or angling left and away at least allows some tenuous options for a proponent to talk about.

Edited by hiflier

8 hours ago, hiflier said:

I wanted to know was that every six hours the camera was still there and not stolen.

How do you disguise and mount the camera? Do you use a Python security cable?

Did you make your rope ladder? 'High mount' camera is difficult to steal.

The edge detection images are interesting but resolution is low. Clever anomalies roam around on trackless terrain.

Yes, I've had the rope ladder for a several years now. I'll get a photo of a length of it which is about 15 ft in the next day or so. It's pouring rain right now with a 30mph wind gusting to 40 and tomorrow the same but the wind is supposed to increase to a steady 40 with possible gusts to 65. I started out with the cam up around 12ft or so but too many leaves and such blowing around it was burning through photos left and right. I dropped the cam to about 2ft and tucked a lot of dead branches and twigs around it until the ferns grew in then had to move it a bit higher but similarly disguised.

I had one incident at night where a deer showed up and was looking off to one side. In that frame one can see that some of the ferns were blurry to the lower left of the frame and in the second photo the deer was blurry because I think it bolted from whatever had disturbed the ferns in the first photo. In that second photo there looks to be some kind of canine head with ears and an open mouth lunging up out of the ferns. At least that's what it looks like though its movement is also a bit on the blurry side. I think the two-frame sequence is pretty bizarre. If I can locate the two photos I'll post it here.

And no, I do not use a python cable and although I do have one I felt the cam was fairly well hidden. Nonethless, since it has GPS, I set the 6hr photo program just so every 6hrs I would know it was there. The app of course will show any GPS changes and should it get stolen and switched on by thief the new coordinates should allow its recovery. People don't steal cameras as much as just rob the SD cards and batteries out of them. I've hesitated getting a solar panel because it would be just one more thing to try to hide and still get light to run the cam. There is a solar panel available for it with a built in lithium ion battery pack if I decide to spring for it. Spypoint also makes them now with an integrated solar panel but somehow aiming the panel towards the sun means the cam will be facing the sun as well and it never made sense to me to not have a cam that has an articulating solar panel feature to aim the cam in one direction and aim the solar panel in another.

Edited by hiflier

Alright, I found the two-photo sequence, which is actually three. The deer is there for a minute at 8:40PM and then 7 minutes later something happens. A lot of ferns in motion and some kind of disturbance in the right lower quadrant of the third frame. Since the deer had been standing there looking wary I thought maybe it was hearing something but couldn't see it in the ferns? Then some kind of action takes place and something that looks canid pops its head out. There is a set of pointed ears and what seems to be a black nose, eye, and an open mouth coming up out of the ferns on the right but it could be pareidolia? Something is definitely blurring the ferns and even some things that look like broken fern fronds get airborne.

Deer1.thumb.JPG.b298e039101310e20796e14974a74d7d.JPG

Deer2.thumb.JPG.c6e4f085337cf58b3876d06598bcc34a.JPG

Deer3.thumb.JPG.ca8d05f033a60298e31a58fc937111c3.JPG

Too bad about the solar panel fitment. Does the video with audio eat batteries?

Have you thought about how to disguise that cellular antenna? Covered with sticks? Ever thought of making it look like an antler?

I don't have cellular cameras and just use a heavy dose of ASAT camo material.

Edited by Catmandoo
more text

3 minutes ago, Catmandoo said:

Too bad about the solar panel fitment. Does the video with audio eat batteries?

It's pretty well known that video takes more energy to produce than photos. This particular cam will do video with audio as you say but to save power it will send three single frames but keep the full video/audio on the SD card. Transmitting video would really chew through the batteries. What can be the biggest drain though is if the cam is in an area with spotty cell service the device will burn through batteries by constantly struggling to stay connected. So make sure there is ample cell coverage and transmissions plus connectivity will perform with the least amount of power consumption. Also, spacing out transmission times, like every 6 hrs, will also save power.

I ran a set of eight lithium ions from mid July to mid November and while four months isn't anything to be proud of I was pleased with the technology and being able to see pic every 6 hrs. There are lots of options for scheduling transmissions and some cam manufacturers allow for tailoring a schedule to tell the cam to sometimes alter its daily routine. One thing I like about the Flex is that it has dual sim cards (Verizon and AT&T) so the cam will always default to whichever connection is the strongest.

• 4 weeks later...

@hiflierAny chance you could re-upload the photos. I'd appreciate the opportunity to have a look. The links thus far in the thread have not been working for me. I keep getting 404s.

The thread pretty much ran its course without a finding so didn't see a reason for leaving them up. I'll put them up as you have requested but, again, I won't leave them long. No real good reason too. They are mine and copyrighted as such so, please,  they do not belong on social media platforms of any kind. I would appreciate it if everyone has, or would, respect that, thanks. When I uploaded them I did it months after they were captured. Mainly because as we know photos aren't proof so I hesitated. It was only after I reached the point where I could go no further with them that I brought them here for other opinions. And also as I said, I don't know what the anomaly is, I only know what it isn't.

IMG_20230624_142525.jpg.d254c0e189e43956b2f82f8133c9d2a9.jpg

IMG_20230627_213516.jpg.ff288093555738e8399c2d6a412741c6.jpg

Screenshot2024-01-07103455.png.35514ee53679f9464917c30021822f93.png

Edited by hiflier
  • Like 1

hiflier, I viewed your game cam pic and .....all I can say is

puh..............leeeze, doooood. you've got nothing

but, if you "think" you have "something", then more power to you, baybeeeeee

• Downvote 2

Lokee, I posted the pic because I don't know what you're calling a "nothing" is. Not a Moose, not a bear, not a deer, is all I can tell you. If you read the thread you would know that- instead of utterly failing to make a point. And I don't have to "think" I have "something" LOL. Because, doooood, it IS a "something". Besides, you're predictable- I knew you wouldn't be able to resist showing up and trolling this as soon as I reposted it. Your weakness has obviously been exploited for all to see so I'll make one more prediction while I'm at it if'n ya don't mind: Try not to let the bandwidth hit your butt on your way out ;) 

Edited by hiflier

1 hour ago, LoKee said:

hiflier, I viewed your game cam pic and .....all I can say is

puh..............leeeze, doooood. you've got nothing

but, if you "think" you have "something", then more power to you, baybeeeeee

At least he has the guts to post an anomaly on his trail cam. Unlike someone else.🤡

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, norseman said:

At least he has the guts to post an anomaly on his trail cam. Unlike someone else.🤡

apparently, I'm living in your head and....the rental price is...on the house.

you'll be eating crow when I get the vid downloaded. I've asked you for patience but you've been like a kid on christmas eve.

santa's coming, Norseman, so you behave

• Downvote 2

Just now, LoKee said:

apparently, I'm living in your head and....the rental price is...on the house.

you'll be eating crow when I get the vid downloaded. I've asked you for patience but you've been like a kid on christmas eve.

santa's coming, Norseman, so you behave

Oh I could care absolutely less about your nothing burger video….🫥

But I will absolutely NOT let you start criticizing other’s videos and photos on here. Because you haven’t earned the right to do so.

Throw your hat in the ring first…. You won’t.