Could It Be That Bigfoot Is Paranormal?

Guest para ape

Those "phantom" bodies that General shot bled and died.

A specimen from the "phantom" bodies was submitted and tested out positive for BF.

BF is a living breathing reproducing creature scientifically unacknowledged at this time, but they are as real as you and I are!

Soon the world will also know the truth. :D

Guest krakatoa

To disbelieve that bigfoot is paranormal in any way without stopping to actually see if it's true or not is being closed-minded.This closed-mindedness is the very reason the bigfoot community doesn't know what the creature is to this day.

Unlike the flesh and blood researchers,paranormal researchers open-mindedly take a look into the stranger reports and don't automatically dismiss them just because they go against their personal beliefs.

Just like ufo researcher Dr.J Allen Hynek said,"the part that we ignore may contain the clue to the whole subject."

I think the board has given you every chance to substantiate your views, but you consistently miss the mark.

You seem like a nice enough fellow, so please don't take the following deconstruction as a personal attack:

In response to your repeated assertions on the quality of effort put in by "flesh & blooders", I'd simply suggest that it is your own narrow-minded assertion of a paranormal 'foot that prevents you from properly assessing the available data.

You ignore logic. You ignore the examples of people witnessing other wildlife "disappearing" and "materializing out of thin air" (an admitted error in observation in every case). You cherry-pick stories that you feel support your pre-determined conclusion. You turn on its head the concept of requiring the wildest of claims to have the most compelling evidence, and instead you seem to require no tangible evidence whatsoever to support your claims.

Indeed: Your case rests solely on the lack of tangible evidence, to the point that you must make even wilder assertions to explain away what little tangible evidence exists.

As I said earlier: Your standard of proof practically demands the existence of Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny as well.

Your conclusion insists upon itself, using circular reasoning and a healthy dose of the concept of "it's just so crazy it's true."

That you continue to ignore my and other voices who seek to engage you and request real evdidence has reached the point that it is clear you aren't actually interested in proving your assertions, which, as you may recall, was your stated reason for being on the board.

Instead you are here to proselytize. Please feel free to do so, at it is your prerogative. But at least admit what it is you are doing.

Dr. J Allen Hynek also said:

In the UFO problem, however, much more quantitative evidence is required before theorizing is likely to be productive.
(emphasis mine)

You have put the cart well in front of the horse on this topic.

Having major troubles editing this post and all paragraphs disappearing so deleting for now..

Edited by PragmaticTheorist

To disbelieve that bigfoot is paranormal in any way without stopping to actually see if it's true or not is being closed-minded.This closed-mindedness is the very reason the bigfoot community doesn't know what the creature is to this day.

Unlike the flesh and blood researchers,paranormal researchers open-mindedly take a look into the stranger reports and don't automatically dismiss them just because they go against their personal beliefs.

Hmmm...Okay...

Give me one thing that the "paranormal community" has actually proven.

And I mean proven to science, not themselves.

Edited by slabdog

Re. Jodie & Slabdog.

My feelings run along these lines from O' Brother, seeing myself as Delmar :D...

Pete: Wait a minute. Who elected you leader of this outfit?

Ulysses Everett McGill: Well Pete, I figured it should be the one with the capacity for abstract thought. But if that ain't the consensus view, then hell, let's put it to a vote.

Pete: Suits me. I'm voting for yours truly.

Ulysses Everett McGill: Well I'm voting for yours truly too.

[Everett and Pete look at Delmar for the deciding vote]

Delmar O'Donnell: Okay... I'm with you fellas.

:lol:

Guilty as charged!

That back and forth did kinda feel like sit'n behind the wheel on an down hill icy road head'n towards a low speed unavoidable head-on collision.

I think my point was that the big 'n' stinky is not paranormal.....but even I lost track..

:blush:

Or it may be that 'paranormal' can never be adequately measured by science because they are of a different origin or basis. There are no cells to view. There is no matter to test. What does the latest poll say about how many people have seen ghosts? Can their observations be proven by science? Not easily.

One would think that we should be able to prove UFO's with science, but why can't we? Or if we can, then we aren't being told. Of course that may also be a different type of paranormal.

Maybe bigfoot is super-natural? Adjective (of a manifestation or event) attributed to some force beyond scientific understanding or the laws of nature. : a supernatural being.

They are definitely super as in very strong. They are also of nature and very natural. And they are presently beyond scientific understanding too.

There may be various kinds of paranormal, none of which we really understand. There's spiritual, there's inter-dimensional, there's so-called demonic, there's meta-physical. And so as we try to grasp one, we have no idea how to differentiate from the others and it just turns into a jumbled mess.

I use caution when it comes to ufo's and bigfoot. There are just too many things we do not yet understand. Yeah I am certain from my own experiences that bigfoot does have some abilities that go beyond what we understand. These abilities may likely explain why we have not proven their existence to date too. But I also know that they can be real as you and I too, otherwise they wouldn't break branches when they walk. I wouldn't carry a large caliber sidearm for strictly self defense either if I felt otherwise. (But it may be that it just gives me courage too. blush.gif ) Maybe some of them are more human then others from interbreeding over the centuries? That would explain why we have human dna showing up. I've had my own bigfoot encounters, and a few of them were just out there too on the believable scale. They definitely got something else working for them that is beyond our limits of understanding. Because of that we also need to be humble about this mystery because we could be messing with fire in some ways. Kind of like opening a portal. We may not want to do that w/o some restraint. If that were involved, then maybe its a good thing we lack an understanding of them. Also being hypothetical here so don't flame me. lol

So even if eventual proof is found of a body, I don't think that explains everything. I don't think it even proves that they aren't paranormal. If something like bigfoot was in our dimension when it died (assuming the inter-dimensional being theory for a moment), whose to say it wouldn't forever-after exist on our side? Discussion of other dimensions is also scientifically acceptable being that mainstream science also believes that other dimensions exist. Is bigfoot simply a being that can pass back and forth? I dunno but its worth contemplating. Problem is, there are options which frankly we don't fully comprehend yet and that is possibly what keeps us from the answers.

Edited by PragmaticTheorist

Wait, I'm in SC not far from the Edisto. Can you direct me to info about sightings there? Are they near Givhans Ferry State Park, by any chance?

Yes, you aren't far from a lot the reports. The BFRO lists Colleton, Berkley, and Orangeberg as having sightings. I think that area where the South and North Edisto run together is pretty active. The Broad River is very active. You have Sumter, Lee, Kershaw, and Lancaster on one side. On the opposite side are Fairfield, Chester , and York. I know of several sightings in Fairfield and Chester not mentioned on any sites. Take your pick of where you want to look but it's easy to kayak or canoe down these rivers to check things out.

Guest HairyGreek

I would prefer to use neither term; not supernatural or paranormal. Is there a word that expresses what science cannot currently explain, but one day most likely will or can?

The unfortunate problem with science/scientists is that anything that falls under this category is "junk" or "psuedo" science until someone willing to risk their integrity and/or reputation proving otherwise. So they tend to promulgate the use of these phrases by being so closed minded. The "fringe" is where new discoveries are truly made and then touted later on by the scientific community as "their" find. JMO.

Edited by HairyGreek

The "fringe" is where new discoveries are truly made and then touted later on by the scientific community as "their" find. JMO.

Yeah, have you noticed how almost everybody used to refer to them as monkeys & apes, but not so much now. Looks like they are beginning to be thought of as people.

First thing you know there won't be anybody that will admit to ever thinking of them as monkeys.

"All truth passes through three stages. First it is ridiculed. Second it is violently opposed. Third it is accepted as being self-evident".

Edited by Sasfooty

Yes, you aren't far from a lot the reports. The BFRO lists Colleton, Berkley, and Orangeberg as having sightings. I think that area where the South and North Edisto run together is pretty active. The Broad River is very active. You have Sumter, Lee, Kershaw, and Lancaster on one side. On the opposite side are Fairfield, Chester , and York. I know of several sightings in Fairfield and Chester not mentioned on any sites. Take your pick of where you want to look but it's easy to kayak or canoe down these rivers to check things out.

Thanks for the info!

Soon the world will also know the truth. :D

I thought the very same thing 25 years ago.

Let's compare notes 25 years from now, shall we? (if I'm still kicking)

RayG

awesome pics sasfooty...esp the little comet shaped things. i remember seeing video of similar looking things, from a cabin in the Ouachita mountains, of things like those weaving in and out of the trees.

Guest apaulo
Nevertheless, I always asked myself if some cattle mutilation cases are actualy Bigfoot killings.

After reading the book Mysterious Kentucky I tend to agree. In that book the author talks about a period of creature sightings where the witnesses described a Bigfoot like creature with some wolf-like features, like a muzzle and long sharp claws on the hands. During the same time there were a lot of cattle mutilations. An intelligent creature with sharp claws would skip the tough muscle and go right for the easily digestible internal organs. That could explain a lot of cattle mutilations that appear to have been done with a knowledge of anatomy and a sharp instrument.

There is no magic. There are just things we do not yet know. There are forces we do not happen to have instruments to detect. There are spirits, and they can be scientifically described. So, I would have to say you are all right. IMO. Hope that isn't religion talk.

I agree with para ape that evidence that does not comport with current conventional theory is ignored or dismissed. As a serious scientist, apparently, if you don't know what something is, the correct strategy is to pretend it didn't happen. And nothing could be less scientific than that, if you ask me. It's nuts.

I love that picture of the orbs over the field. It's very ...ethereal. Was a flash used? What time of year? Can you get similar pics all seasons?

Earthquake faults coincide with rivers and lakes oftentimes. So that could explain some connections. They do generate friction and energy, and lights, too. Earthquake lights, they are called. Sounds wild, but it's real.

They may be useful to predicting quakes. I wonder if faults give off energies all the time. Clouds also appear from nowhere, they say. Edited by Kings Canyon

There is no magic..........

Great posting after that, but I had to respond with a definite disagreement. There is magic. I can count on a hand the number of times I've witnessed it. I remember the times I've seen multiple, intersected pathways of possible consequence occur, intensely improbable coincidences happen that Stephen Hawking couldn't have forseen. To have imagined such a turn of events would have been impossible. My life nudged in direction a little when fate interacted in my life.

"I can't see it

but I know when it's there

I can just feel it

It's everywhere."

An obscure old REO lyric.

(Edited for clarity's sake. Sometimes I just blather on....)

Edited by Incorrigible1