Could It Be That Bigfoot Is Paranormal?

Guest para ape

I believe that when Dr. Ketchum releases her study you may have a partial answer. There is nothing that says flesh and blood creatures can't have paranormal abilities depending on, as you say, how paranormal is defined. It is not an either/or situation which is the problem with why it is so hard to discuss. Define the physical first, then explore the other aspects. Infrasound is not paranormal because a concrete explanation exists to explain it in other species. If there isn't a current example of a trait existing in the known animal or plant kingdom, or by physics or some other life science, then I would say that could be an aspect that is described as paranormal.

Jodie,

Thank you for that wonderful rational explanation.I feel the same way.

But para ape trying to tie ghosts and UFOs together with Bigfoot just seems way too out there for me at least.

I would compare their ability to hide in the woods as paranormal compared to what I could do, but trained warriors and hunters can do a great job of hiding also, so is that paranormal or just excellent skills?

I think BF has excellent skills due to living, hunting and hiding from hunters in the woods.Just my common sense thinks that. :blink:

My point exactly! Your dogs may be more paranormal than you think. I've caught salmon, that doesn't mean I know how they can return to their natal stream from the ocean. An encounter can impart knowledge. I fail to see how an encounter can usher in total understanding.

My paranormal little Yorkies have all the skills that their breed has had bred into them...

Faithfulness to the owners being a wonderful trait to have for me and hubby.

The little dogs spend all day with their favorite human :D sitting by their side, sleeping at night flat up next to their chosen human.

It's really cute and sweet, and we love our little dogs.

They are not paranormal, but are bred to be that way.

Edited by SweetSusiq

All these para-theories seem to be developed by people who have never had a direct encounter. They seem to cherry-pick a sub-set of reports that support para theory. I'll tell you what, if they ever have a direct encounter, and I'm not talking about a sighting of something crossing the road or disappearing into the woods at a distance, I'm talking about a direct face-to-face encounter where you're looking them in the eye, they're looking you in the eye, and you're each waiting to see what the other is going to do. When a para-theorist experiences this and defecates in his own drawers, that should be real enough to instill a sense of reality in him.

If someone's got first-hand experience with a para-aspect I'll be happy to listen to them, but otherwise it looks to me like nothing more than an attempt to ooze square ectoplasm into a round ephemerialism.

Yes JDL, You are 100% correct, and I agree with your rational explanation.

What's happened to being rational regarding this BF species?

The BF live and rule in their territory due to *excellent* woodland skills.

Guest para ape

Let me jump back in.

If they aren't paranormal how do you explain the things that have been witnessed in the introduction of this thread?Are just going to ignore them?Those things have been seen and will continue to be.

The bigfoot community is trying to make bigfoot be what THEY WANT IT TO BE and instead of accepting it for what it is.They will continue to believe it's just a undiscovered ape but yet they can't catch it,never see it on searches,and can't even get a picture of it on a trail cam.

Let me jump back in.

If they aren't paranormal how do you explain the things that have been witnessed in the introduction of this thread?Are just going to ignore them?Those things have been seen and will continue to be.

The bigfoot community is trying to make bigfoot be what THEY WANT IT TO BE and instead of accepting it for what it is.They will continue to believe it's just a undiscovered ape but yet they can't catch it,never see it on searches,and can't even get a picture of it on a trail cam.

Don't shout at us please.

We have a right to our ideas as you as you have a right to yours.

I'm not the one trying to force you to believe something, I'm just stating my beliefs.

There are rational explanations for what you stated, and some of what you said was wrong. BF is seen and has been killed( :( )and has left blood and footprints which prove to me at least it's a living breathing highly skilled animal successfully living in forests all around the world.

Guest para ape

People keep saying that it has been killed.If that were true,the body would've been provided for examination a long time ago.

Again,you keep ignoring the otherworldly things that bigfoot has been seen doing.

Yes JDL, You are 100% correct, and I agree with your rational explanation.

What's happened to being rational regarding this BF species?

The BF live and rule in their territory due to *excellent* woodland skills.

Just playing Devil's advocate here... what you think is "rational" may not be what others think is rational. Some would say that it is not rational to believe in BF at all, paranormal or otherwise.

I personally believe para-ape's antics to be schtick, but if someone really believed what he is saying and you just waved it off as "irrational" while explaining what BF really is would be a little... you know...

Guest HairyGreek

The bigfoot community is trying to make bigfoot be what THEY WANT IT TO BE and instead of accepting it for what it is.

I would say that applies equally to you. I also agree with Susi. In case you don't know, all caps is yelling in internet speak. It is rude.

Guest krakatoa

People keep saying that it has been killed.If that were true,the body would've been provided for examination a long time ago.

Again,you keep ignoring the otherworldly things that bigfoot has been seen doing.

The Irony is strong in this one.

Guest HairyGreek

Is it fair to report someone because the things they say hurt my brain?

I said this exact thing 30 minutes ago about this exact topic and poster in another thread. Amazing. He IS using infrasound on us...

Para Ape, I've had my own encounters and a few of them had some unexplainable elements to them so I am convinced that there are some paranormal components to these beings. But I also don't resign the probability that they are flesh and blood too. They wouldn't break branches under foot when they walk, or smell, or make sound when breathing, etc, if there wasn't some physical side to them. If there is also an inter-dimensional side to some of them, it could also stand to reason that when here, well they may be in our plane of existence and thus very real. Mainstream science does believe there are other dimensions so I don't close that possibility. Not saying for certain what abilities they have and don't have, but just as much as you want people to believe 100% they are not a physical being, there is likely an equal exception to that rule. There are exceptions to every rule. Just for the sake of hypothetical argument, say the original beings of a thousand years ago were completely paranormal, but if they indeed bred with humans since, would it not stand to reason that the offspring wouldn't necessarily retain all that paranormal ability? Just a thought...

I think you might be over-posting too many new threads too surrounding the same general topic. Might be more sensitive to that. It doesn't really help address the phenomenon by using that method. You've heard the term, 'you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink' right? IMHO

Guest HairyGreek

Para Ape, I've had my own encounters and a few of them had some unexplainable elements to them so I am convinced that there are some paranormal components to these beings. But I also don't resign the probability that they are flesh and blood too. They wouldn't break branches under foot when they walk, or smell, or make sound when breathing, etc, if there wasn't some physical side to them. If there is also an inter-dimensional side to some of them, it could also stand to reason that when here, well they may be in our plane of existence and thus very real. Mainstream science does believe there are other dimensions so I don't close that possibility. Not saying for certain what abilities they have and don't have, but just as much as you want people to believe 100% they are not a physical being, there is likely an equal exception to that rule. There are exceptions to every rule. Just for the sake of hypothetical argument, say the original beings of a thousand years ago were completely paranormal, but if they indeed bred with humans since, would it not stand to reason that the offspring wouldn't necessarily retain all that paranormal ability? Just a thought...

I think you might be over-posting too many new threads too surrounding the same general topic. Might be more sensitive to that. It doesn't really help address the phenomenon by using that method. You've heard the term, 'you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink' right? IMHO

Well said Prag. Even the Sierra Sounds guy thinks that they may be able to walk inter-dimensionally. I have no problem with that because he doesn't tell me I am wrong and/or blind in every thread for disagreeing that he doesn't know everything.

It would be nice if the "It Ain't Paranormal" crowd could define where paranormal starts. Does it begin at infrasound, or at telepathy, or possibly at reading our thoughts and intentions? Dogs seem able to determine bad intent in people, and there have been recorded instances of dogs warning their master of an impending fire or other tragedy, so perhaps dogs are paranormal.

I'm reminded of the kids story of the blind men arguing about the characteristics of an elephant. One, feeling its tail said the elephant was like a rope; another feeling the leg said it was like a tree, while a third feeling the trunk said it was like a python. Is anybody here qualified to state for the record if bigfoot is paranormal, slightly paranormal, or not paranormal?

Hey John, Im not sure I can speak for the entire "It Ain't Paranormal" crowd but I'll gladly throw out my beliefs for discussion. As I see and define the word "paranormal" for the discussion at hand I'm not refering to any unexplained abilities that a sas might exibit, including infrasound or telepathic interaction. I know the OP is referring to interdiminsional beings which are not of this earthly plane, beings which manifest themselves in our world wherever and whenever they choose. In effect beings of pure Evil.

While I'm not ready to offhandedly dismiss the abilities you've listed as posible, I for one don't believe that sasquatch has any interdiminsional, otherworldly aspects at all. I think it is a physical being which interacts with it's environment pretty much the same way as any other life form native to the earthly plane.

I hope this helps explain my definition of "paranormal" and why I don't believe for one second that it applies to bigfoot.

Thanks,

Mark