Forums

1. Welcome to The Bigfoot Forums

1. New Members - Start Here

All New Members or Members with Zero Posts, please start here

1. 199.4k

Discussion on how to conduct oneself in the field - equipment to use, how to gather evidence etc.

3. News Articles

This section automatically collects news feeds with the words bigfoot, sasquatch and yeti in them - as such, some articles about people with big feet and monster trucks are bound to get through, so try and sort the wheat from the chaff.

A place to discuss film, video, audio & photographs of alleged bigfoot.

5. 20k
    6. SSR Stats and Analysis

Standardized Sighting Record Database

7. Tirademan's Historical Newspaper Archives

Our long time member Tirademan (R.I.P. Scott McClean) compiled this extensive archive of Sasquatch related newspaper articles and donated it to the BFF before his passing. The earliest articles in this collection are from 1818 in Florida, 1877 (Australia), 1884 (Canada) and 1764 (Europe).

9. Conferences, Symposiums & Other Get-Togethers

Announce or discuss conferences here.

1. Relict Hominoid Inquiry: Research Papers

Dr. Jeff Meldrum's  Relict Hominoid Inquiry at Idaho State University

2. Relict Hominoid Inquiry: Articles, Book Reviews, Essays

Dr. Jeff Meldrum's  RHI at Idaho State University

This section contains papers from researchers not affiliated with RHI.

4. The Tar Pit

1. Politics, Current Events

Politics, Current Events, History

2. Lifestyles, Humor

Jokes, Perspectives on Life, Miscellaneous

3. Sports and Entertainment

Sports and the failure of the Dallas Cowboys

• BFF Registration

Join the BFF now!

• Who was online

• Will
      • GuyInIndiana
      • GenesRUs
      • Bill
      • OkieFoot
      • Patterson-Gimlin
      • VAfooter
      • BeachFoot
      • Incorrigible1
      • creekguy
      • Catmandoo
  • Latest Posts

• Catmandoo
      I don't know what brand he uses but the function is the same. Lightning triggers for cameras work off of the burst of infrared light milliseconds before you see the flash / bolt of lightning. The photographers do not have a 'lightning fast' finger on the shutter button. Planet Earth has over 3,000,000 lightning flashes per day. 
    • CallyCat
      The next time you go out carry one of those lightning strike detectors with you to see if it registers anything when you think you've been zapped. 
    • CallyCat
      I can't vouch for the authenticity of the videos on you tube done by Black Mass Paranormal, but it seems like he runs across bigfoot prints or hears weird sounds that might be bigfoot rather than finding feral people. He uses some kind of meter that detects lightning strikes. I had no idea there was such a thing, but it went off several times on a clear day while he was out on the trail. He also reports camera malfunctions. It might be interesting to check out what he found. 
    • Backdoc
      ^^^     I'm hopeful of any tech which can increase the odds of seeing/ filming Bigfoot.    The smell thing just seems like a better option vs line of sight but I’ll take whatever would work.   I was in an airport where they “smelled” inside one of our bags.   They aimed a device near our bag and seemed to spray air and smelled for dangerous particles and traces.         love for anything like this to be used for bigfoot esp on a large scale if possible      Always wondered what could be done if seeing/ spotting / finding Bigfoot was manhunt involving a matter of urgent national security or something.   How much $$$$, men, and tech could be involved and how effective might it be.       
    • Catmandoo
      Just spit balling here.  To 'measure scents' is a yes-no / go, no-go classification.  Breathing and the glands in armpits release VOCs. VOCs are highly volatile with a high vapor pressure. I did a cursory Google search to find the ionic charge of VOCs and found nothing so far. There are Air Ion detectors available that don't cost an arm & a leg. Sampling with an Air Ion detector for animals is an unknown. An initial test of function would be with 2nd hand dog food vapors. A forest animal test would be with the scents that one purchases at sporting goods stores for olfactory signaling with deer pee and elk pee etc., etc.. Coyotes and black bears love deer pee. And then there would be real field testing. VOCs would have to have some durability to act as a trail marker. Air Ion detectors / counters are a huge question. For about a thousand dollars, one can jump into the Air Ion arena. If you buy one, just tell them that you are checking for radon gas in your house.   I started out spit balling, and now I am out of spit.
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      norseman
      norseman
    2. 2
      Catmandoo
      Catmandoo
    3. 3
      Madison5716
      Madison5716
    4. 4
      gigantor