Forums

1. Welcome to The Bigfoot Forums

1. New Members - Start Here

All New Members or Members with Zero Posts, please start here

1. 199.6k

Discussion on how to conduct oneself in the field - equipment to use, how to gather evidence etc.

This section automatically collects news feeds with the words bigfoot, sasquatch and yeti in them - as such, some articles about people with big feet and monster trucks are bound to get through, so try and sort the wheat from the chaff.

A place to discuss film, video, audio & photographs of alleged bigfoot.

5. 20k
    6. SSR Stats and Analysis

Standardized Sighting Record Database

7. Tirademan's Historical Newspaper Archives

Our long time member Tirademan (R.I.P. Scott McClean) compiled this extensive archive of Sasquatch related newspaper articles and donated it to the BFF before his passing. The earliest articles in this collection are from 1818 in Florida, 1877 (Australia), 1884 (Canada) and 1764 (Europe).

9. Conferences, Symposiums & Other Get-Togethers

Announce or discuss conferences here.

1. Relict Hominoid Inquiry: Research Papers

Dr. Jeff Meldrum's  Relict Hominoid Inquiry at Idaho State University

2. Relict Hominoid Inquiry: Articles, Book Reviews, Essays

Dr. Jeff Meldrum's  RHI at Idaho State University

This section contains papers from researchers not affiliated with RHI.

4. The Tar Pit

1. Politics, Current Events

Politics, Current Events, History

2. Lifestyles, Humor

Jokes, Perspectives on Life, Miscellaneous

3. Sports and Entertainment

Sports and the failure of the Dallas Cowboys

• BFF Registration

Join the BFF now!

• Who was online

• JKH
      • BlackRockBigfoot
      • OldMort
      • norseman
      • MIB
      • Babar1296
      • Doug
      • Huntster
      • langfordbc
      • Backdoc
      • xspider1
      • Bill
      • Incorrigible1
      • Will
      • VAfooter
      • Bonehead74
      • TennSquatches
      • BeachFoot
      • NormalJake
      • spacemonkeymafia
      • Nighthawk
      • iacozizzle
  • Latest Posts

• Huntster
      That's their plan. It's safe, and they've gained power through the long game, anyway. They're arrogant to believe that they'll hold on to political power forever. The problem with that belief is that a properly stored gun can last a whole lot longer than their dreams.   Thirty or so years ago a friend told me of a guy he knew who was in the woods somewhere along the shores of Tustumena Lake on the Kenai Peninsula some time in the 1970's. He saw something in a tree and fetched it down. It was a pair of old Russian flintlock rifles smeared up with bear grease and wrapped up in a bear hide. They'd been there a long, long time. The guy who put them there probably wasn't hiding them from government gun confiscators, but that idea can work. They can't take something they can't find.           
    • langfordbc
      Fair enough.   Even if they succeed with getting a confiscation program off the ground, I think they could care less about actually collecting the guns - they know the owners are typically more responsible and less dangerous than your average citizen. They'd be just as happy if the guns stayed in owners hands and every once in a while catch an otherwise law abiding, tax paying, family man, and throw them in jail.    While a great deal of the guns banned in the last five years are registered (pistols and AR's), there are many semi-auto rifles that aren't. Judging by the the rush to buy those guns and the premiums they commanded, I suspect compliance will not be high.
    • xspider1
      Ok, yeah, I'm all for the 2nd Amendment.  I am not, however, for an unconditional right to keep and bear any and all arms. This may be a topic for a different thread, but I have to ask:   Do you see any conditions at all which should be required for a person to maintain the right to keep and bear arms, especially in public places? Who thinks that violent, convicted felons should have the right to carry in public? Who thinks that significantly mentally ill people should have the right to carry in public? Who think that minors should have the right to carry in public? Who thinks that it's ok to mount a loaded howitzer in a city yard and point it at passing cars?   Really not trying to stir the pot, just wondering who feels, or doesn't feel, that any gun restrictions at all are appropriate?    A few years ago, I was inline at a grocery store here (in a not so good part of town).  The man in front of me in line had a large, apparently semi-automatic pistol in a shoulder holster.  His shoulder holster was designed/fitted so that the (surely loaded and likely cocked and 'locked' pistol) was pointed pretty much directly at my face.  I was offended and felt like grabbing that pistol and whipping the idiot with it.  no joke.  Instead I stepped aside so that I was not in the line of fire from an idiot that probably doesn't know $H^T about gun safety and who is probably well above average to have an accidental discharge.  After I checked and walked to my truck, I noticed that they were parked, illegally, in a handicap spot.  That was no surprise of course, just another disappointment in the stupidity and thoughtlessness of many people.  Without reasonable laws and enforcement, the idiots in this world will definitely descend us into chaos. 
    • Huntster
      They'd be correct. Guns are designed to be tools of deadly force. Their wet dream might end up a nightmare..........
    • norseman
      Missed this one!   First buck of the year!
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      Huntster
      Huntster
    2. 2
      norseman
      norseman
    3. 3
      Incorrigible1
      Incorrigible1
    4. 4
    5. 5