What Is Lindsay Playing At?

Well, RL got the Nature story wrong. I'm of the mind that he is hoist by his own petard. I have a feeling he's being used at this point because of his willingness to report things as fact with a somewhat flimsy confirmation policy. He stated one of his sources is Dr. K's boyfriend. I kind of felt when he first made that revelation that something was a little off. I have been sent somewhat leading denials from a person closely associated with the study. My feeling at the time was that I was given a wink and a nod. The old "I can't confirm or deny, but if it were true I couldn't tell you... wink, wink, nod, nod... he said knowningly" trick. The motivation is probably to discredit all of the leaks in order to hide the leaks that are true. Eventually a saturation of speculation based on leaks that are perceived to be entirely false will instantly kill any credibility of future leaks.

In other words, the tail is wagging the dog. Or perhaps more appropriately, the tales are wagging RL.

Edited by rwridley

Guest slimwitless

That's a great point, RW. You have to run all these grains of salt through a sifter and see what shakes out.

That said, was Lindsay wrong about Nature? One of the members here claims the paper was rejected by one journal (with likely acceptance by a second).

It seems obvious to say Erickson should just sell it and not worry about being sued since he has nothing, but that would disasterous. What's the point of selling it when all proceeds you get are going to basically be handed over to Ketchum for violating the NDA. If he has sunk a couple mil into acquiring properties, funding testing, paying researchers, etc., it would be unbelievably dumb to fumble any shred of profitability when sitting on it for probably just another few months may allow him to recoup at least some of his seed money. His biggest mistake happened at the outset, when he so thoroughly hitched himself to the Ketchum train. It seems his only move now is just to wait for her paper. After those results are out and people are curious about the sources, you swoop in with "Sasquatch the Quest", and Shazam!!, you've snagged the spotlight.

BFF Patron

Well if anybodies serious the .com, .net and .org versions are available plus a host of others :ph34r::)

Lindsay is the kid that got picked last for everything growing up, and now he wants to be somebody.

Sounds like the kind that I used to ping when playing dodge ball and I loved every minute of it.

BFF Patron

^^^Esp. when you knocked them off their feet while they tried to skeedaddle......laughing so hard it hurts right now! :lol:

Did Erickson seek out Paulides and sign up with him? Or was it Paulides who sought out Erickson? Is Paulides the person in charge of this whole circus? It seems to be a bunch of top notch researchers joining together with a lack of leadership and poor legal planning in case things did not go smoothly.

Did Erickson seek out Paulides and sign up with him? Or was it Paulides who sought out Erickson? Is Paulides the person in charge of this whole circus? It seems to be a bunch of top notch researchers joining together with a lack of leadership and poor legal planning in case things did not go smoothly.

I believe that Paulides wants everyone to think he's in charge. Whether he is or not is unclear.

It seems like everybody in the BF field tries to middle their way into everything, like people would be incapable of doing anything without them. When are 'researchers' going to start being held in high regard for the actual evidence that they retrieve themselves, or data they compile from actually being in the field? It seems like people are getting away with being at the top of the field for being puppeteers of the evidence/accounts that actual field researchers hand over to them.

The information mongers are even worse. Guys like Lindsay, and Stubstad pass off information like they are advisors on all of these projects. Somebody tells them something, and then they word it as if they are special, and in the know. It's kind of like when someone posts a question on Melba's FB page, and she replies. Instead of saying they asked a question on her page, they eloquently word it as 'I was talking to Melba, and she told me ______!' I've seen that quite a few times. A lot of people just need the validation of acting more important than they actually are. I've noticed a lot of people writing blogs, and stories by swooping up content from this board, as if they are breaking some news story that they have inside information on. And what was the deal with RS posting a psychological profile on Melba about her age, and looks, and how she doesn't want to be in the spotlight because of that? Who is somebody to be speaking about someone elses personality based on stupid assumptions? That kat may be able to crunch numbers like no other, but he seems to me like a jealous rumor-monger. Is he not the mole that feeds all of Lindsay's stories?

Edited by PacNWSquatcher

Ok so finding out who this person is to me he has no credability. So any thing he has to say I would not take the time to listen to him. He reminds me of the supermarket tabloids a lot to say but nothing worth while to rember or spend time with.

Guest slimwitless

Ketchum, Paulides, General, Stubstad and others have all posted in the comments of Lindsay's blog. If you're not interested, that's one thing, but to say there's nothing to be learned there is simply wrong. If you keep things in perspective and take the posts for what they are, everything will work out just fine. It's not that hard to separate the wheat from the chaff with even a cursory amount of research.

I don't know if what RL is reporting about AE is true or not, but I believe AE would lose money in the long run by releasing his footage in advance of a published study, or by selling all of his rights to it at this point in time.

The materials he "has" are worth less now than they would be after the publication of a study. Their "actual value" may not change much in the eyes of forum members or in the eyes of science, but their market value will increase dramatically on the heels of a sensational event such as the release of a peer-reviewed study in a mainstream journal which contends that a cryptid does exist.

Keep in mind that AE is a businessman. He understands how to maximize value and how to time his moment of capitalization.