What Is Lindsay Playing At?

Another post added 11-30-11. Claims he is in contact with Justin now. Seems to have man crush on him compared to the way he had previously spoke about him. Few other tidbits added in the blog. A rumor I think is purely pulled out of his posterior side. Check it out, see what you think.

Guest parnassus

Based on that latest post I think it is safe to say that Lindsay understands next to nothing about DNA testing. Other than that...

I kinda thinking there telling the truth about not having the body but do know who has the body, they probably had someone else retrieve it.

well, they got us all playing clue online. smeja,in the woods,with the gun ? biggrin.gif

Oh No! I thought that it was Mrs. Green with the candlestick in the library!!

Guest parnassus

It also seems that he (and or Stubstad) knows nothing of what Ketchum is doing. What he does seem to know is that he (and or Stubstad) wants to stick it to Ketchum personally every time he posts.

Edited by parnassus

It also seems that he (and or Stubstad) knows nothing of what Ketchum is doing. What he does seem to know is that he (and or Stubstad) wants to stick it to Ketchum personally every time he posts.

I am curious. Your tone here is respectful and yet when you go back to JFRE your choice of words seems intended to delight your skeptic audience..so fun in posting I understand..

However, I can't help but wonder if all that hanging around BF forums hasn't eventually had some impact? It is one thing to remain guarded and skeptical and still allow some small to doubt enter your mind, that you could be wrong! And another to have a closed mind..

I am beginning to think perhaps a small crack of light is entering you mind, illuminating the Big Guys (BF)...is this possible?

Hidden hominids..quite similar to us, filling an ecological niche we voided, is entirely possible don't you think..theoretically?

And all these adults (had to give you something!), so passionate about it, might be so b/c because it is true, Bigfoots do exist?

Now, don't focus on the "proof" issue, please...just wondering if your opinions have changed in these last months? Again, don't focus on the evidence you can't see...just wanting your impression..

be gentle please!

I truly think Lindsay is missing being a member of this forum, also I think that he wishes he was involved somehow with this research, and also needs interesting stuff about BF to bring more readers to his blog.

More readers means more revenue for his blog, correct?

Well, it may be that our interest in what he is up to regarding BF may be making him more money due to higher numbers of us reading it.

Who knows for sure, and these are just my thoughts on this issue.

@Parnassus..wrt to my post above....lol sorry that sounded bossy,

focus on any reply you desire!

I was just really interested in the flavor of your opinion b/c I think that "flavor" (of the casual skeptic especially - not you in this case) is one of the biggest hurdles we as "believers" have to overcome.

The modern digital and material extrinsic evidence is actually quite deep. The eye witness testimony, reliable, is very deep. The know pre and recorded "history" of the phenomenon is fairly well researched. Our current understanding of human evolution supports the idea... and yet

It is no cost to the skeptic to say, Pshaw! It is the status quo.

Hope that all sounded more sociable...LOL,

I wonder if it is possible to form some kind of Sasquatch Research Society today?

I know - it's been tried.

I know Meldrum is trying something along those lines with the Relict Hominid thing. And Paulides apparently with some kind of Sasquatch Genome Project..

But, what I notice is all of these efforts seem to be rather singular, rather than across the entire community of potential researchers, whether scientist/academic or amateur/incidental, and also without a deep governing board.

I see so much potential in the BF community, and so much waste, even suppressed data, as some climb on top of others to get at the prize. So, Bigfoot Fever is alive and well.

But, I also think more, perhaps a majority, see that the road to "proof and protection/understanding" will be very long, for some many important reasons. And in the meantime, data and observations being made now should have a repository of sorts, a place where the knowledge is deemed meeting some kind of basic standards and subject to some kind of peer review.

Our Society is special...with the exception of genetics, and perhaps the track studies, we haven't too much in terms of observation techniques to push into modern Biology or Anthropology methods to meet classic disciplined peer-review...as we are still working out ways to detect!

So, maybe a start..where BFRO has a submission that involves their database, and EP, whatever works for the "science" and and so forth.. Not a for profit, but a beginning, a bridge to academics perhaps in the future and certainly a way to a more coherent and trustworthy "voice" as a community?

So, that takes...tens of dozens of motivated and smart, connected folks in the BF community to bring it together..is that possible?

I guess I don't see based on history...but, without some kind of Professional Society with standards and discipline I just don't see us amateurs making any jumps beyond the silly media we have now. And these forums could initiate it as there seems to be a large cross section of ideologies and experience?

I am off topic with my post, I am not sure how tolerant this forum is on that..so apology in advance!

Edited by apehuman

Guest parnassus

I am curious. Your tone here is respectful and yet when you go back to JFRE your choice of words seems intended to delight your skeptic audience..so fun in posting I understand..

However, I can't help but wonder if all that hanging around BF forums hasn't eventually had some impact? It is one thing to remain guarded and skeptical and still allow some small to doubt enter your mind, that you could be wrong! And another to have a closed mind..

I am beginning to think perhaps a small crack of light is entering you mind, illuminating the Big Guys (BF)...is this possible?

Hidden hominids..quite similar to us, filling an ecological niche we voided, is entirely possible don't you think..theoretically?

And all these adults (had to give you something!), so passionate about it, might be so b/c because it is true, Bigfoots do exist?

Now, don't focus on the "proof" issue, please...just wondering if your opinions have changed in these last months? Again, don't focus on the evidence you can't see...just wanting your impression..

be gentle please!

I'm not at liberty to discuss my posts elsewhere. They are obviously available to anyone here except those who have been banned for exceedingly bad behavior.

My stance on the likelihood of Bigfoot existing is quite similar to Saskeptic's. Always has been. No change. Is the Pope about to ring my doorbell? No, and I don't stay home on the off chance that he might come.

What you may have noticed is that I find some recent events fascinating and have tried to find out more about them. I love a good puzzle. But that doesn't mean I think the answer to any of these puzzles is that Bigfoot exists. I think Greg Long solved a puzzle about how the abilities and flaws of human beings resulted in the PGF. His book has some flaws because he wrote it like a detective story instead of a documentary. It is similar to Young Men and Fire, a book that I enjoyed as much as any I have ever read.

Thanks for asking.

How about you? How have your beliefs evolved?

Thanks for asking.

How about you? How have your beliefs evolved?

Your welcome. I too have found recent events fascinating and a good puzzle.

My ideas grew rather abruptly after an intentional look into the forest...

I was captivated by the BFRO footprints that popped up on Goggle Earth when it first launched (pre -layers) and read a good many.

Surprised to see my own backyard wilderness haunts in the mix. And finally went looking after a few years, in 2008.

And stayed looking, for a laughable variety of reasons as well as some (I thought ) important.

Conclusion personally, they not only exist, but in numbers that are much higher than I think commonly believed by many BFers.

I believe they are in the Homo genius, but I can't say what.. a feral human race or a relict hominid..don't know. I like Homo indomitus..:) it's romantic and thought provoking

So, the problem? No one cares really of import who can go out and study...(if they do, they have a good deal of data of their own)..

But for the most part my amateur evidence becomes no more than another interesting article or blog (there are literally hundreds) of a true experience, fairly unexplainable by most skeptics arguments, and quite eloquently explained as another hominid.... But, in the current world a paranormal topic.

I am not a career scientist, so my goal was just to pass on the knowledge, get someone out there. Traditional areas were not too receptive, :) and the experience and data so singularly amazing and compelling (to me anyway!) that one ends up turning to the BF world and wow...there are some varied motivations!

Now, 3.5 years after my first serious looking trip...and much money, with good and failed experiments, I feel like I could achieve more, but now seriously question why I would even think of doing that! For who? And if only for personal hobby then again that would be a private experience.

It's not like a lot of policy makers, or anthropologists read BF articles...yet, anyway. We continue to hope so strongly for something seriously peer-reviewed..!

So, my opinions continue to evolve, we'll see

I do think however, BFs are much more "evolved" than many Monster shows give them credit and so forth.. but that would be many more words to share..you get the drift.

Edited by apehuman

Guest Stubstad

Well, it's certainly true I have no idea what Ketchum is up to after November 2010. However, what's missing here is that Biscardi delivered the first DNA sample to Ketchum, personally, in early January 2010 (along with four other samples, some of which were clearly false and some were never sequenced as of November 2010).

I then flew out to Ketchum's place in Texas in late January 2010 and we discussed the project in general; at this time the ONLY sample she was interested in was the toenail that Larry Jenkins found but Biscardi delivered a couple of weeks prior.

I didn't work for her (I was never paid nickle one); however I did pay for some sequencing for the toe nail and also for another subsequent sample (the one I call Sample 4) before we departed company on less than amicable terms. Mainly due to her new NDA, frankly, which simply "sucks" according to my own attorney.

I didn't know Erickson at all (except by reading about his project on-line) in January 2010, but a month or two later Erickson et.al. showed up with what I have termed Samples 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 and 8. Thus Erickson was No. 2 to join in with Ketchum, after Biscardi and I did so (I didn't have any samples, so I don't count as a sample provider). I did the statistical analysis of the data from Samples 1, 2 and 3's mitochondrial DNA. No, I did not get paid for doing so.

And no, I have not provided either Erickson or Biscardi with any funds. Nor have they to me, the other way around. To this day, I remain totally unaffiliated with any group or sasquatch researcher, other than to know many of them. That's the way I want it.

In my view, the evidence -- especially the DNA -- has convinced me that there is AT LEAST a 97% chance that sasquatch exists. Having said that, I have no idea WHAT sasquatch is, genetically, because I've seen precious little of the nuclear genome data.

That is the reason for the "parallel DNA" analysis project to be conducted in Europe. We have about a dozen vetted samples (some very certain; some reasonably certain) to take to Europe. I had hoped we would have gotten started by the end of November, but didn't.

Still, we are moving slowly but surely closer to this reality. Meanwhile, I do NOT have any agenda against Ketchum's study at all; I hope it works out, since we'll need AT LEAST two peer reviewed DNA studies to convince the entire scientific community that we really DO have an extant hominid, or possibly hominin, on our hands here in North America, and maybe elsewhere in the world. The samples we have, though, are all from North America, so I defer any opinions on the Yeti, Almasty, etc., to another time and place.

Richard Stubstad

Homo indomitus

Apehuman

That is thought provoking and describes them well."Sed ego sum homo indomitus"(I am subject to no ruler) :D No boundries,no king or queen and not even a ruler to follow.Yes that is them. :)

Guest parnassus

Well, it's certainly true I have no idea what Ketchum is up to after November 2010. However, what's missing here is that Biscardi delivered the first DNA sample to Ketchum, personally, in early January 2010 (along with four other samples, some of which were clearly false and some were never sequenced as of November 2010).

I then flew out to Ketchum's place in Texas in late January 2010 and we discussed the project in general; at this time the ONLY sample she was interested in was the toenail that Larry Jenkins found but Biscardi delivered a couple of weeks prior.

I didn't work for her (I was never paid nickle one); however I did pay for some sequencing for the toe nail and also for another subsequent sample (the one I call Sample 4) before we departed company on less than amicable terms. Mainly due to her new NDA, frankly, which simply "sucks" according to my own attorney.

I didn't know Erickson at all (except by reading about his project on-line) in January 2010, but a month or two later Erickson et.al. showed up with what I have termed Samples 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 and 8. Thus Erickson was No. 2 to join in with Ketchum, after Biscardi and I did so (I didn't have any samples, so I don't count as a sample provider). I did the statistical analysis of the data from Samples 1, 2 and 3's mitochondrial DNA. No, I did not get paid for doing so.

And no, I have not provided either Erickson or Biscardi with any funds. Nor have they to me, the other way around. To this day, I remain totally unaffiliated with any group or sasquatch researcher, other than to know many of them. That's the way I want it.

In my view, the evidence -- especially the DNA -- has convinced me that there is AT LEAST a 97% chance that sasquatch exists. Having said that, I have no idea WHAT sasquatch is, genetically, because I've seen precious little of the nuclear genome data.

That is the reason for the "parallel DNA" analysis project to be conducted in Europe. We have about a dozen vetted samples (some very certain; some reasonably certain) to take to Europe. I had hoped we would have gotten started by the end of November, but didn't.

Still, we are moving slowly but surely closer to this reality. Meanwhile, I do NOT have any agenda against Ketchum's study at all; I hope it works out, since we'll need AT LEAST two peer reviewed DNA studies to convince the entire scientific community that we really DO have an extant hominid, or possibly hominin, on our hands here in North America, and maybe elsewhere in the world. The samples we have, though, are all from North America, so I defer any opinions on the Yeti, Almasty, etc., to another time and place.

Richard Stubstad

Richard,

Thanks for the info. I appreciate your efforts to tell what is up, in spite of the NDAs.

I don't agree with your analysis but this is partly because of the provenance of the specimens. I have a few other questions:

Why do you call some samples "false"? What does that mean?

So, I'm confused... the toe nail was no. 1, the bloody plate was no. 2 and the pipe-skunk no. 4 or 3? and some other Erickson sample was no. 3?

Since you didn't sign it, can you tell us the provisions of the bad NDA?

You don't mention when Paulides showed up; or was he already there when you first became involved? or did he come after you left? which was when?

Was the testing you paid for, done by Ketchum or by another lab? Does Ketchum do sequencing at her lab there in South Texas?

I appreciate any answers you can give and good luck with your project....why didn't you use Todd Disotell? was he already involved with Ketchum's project?

p.

Edited by parnassus