Bigfoot And Frogs

Guest BFSleuth

Guest BFSleuth

I remember when reading Sanderson's book he noted that Yeti were described by local Nepalese as frog eaters, spending time hunting them in streams.

I decided to Google "BFRO report eating frogs" and came across this report, describing a sasquatch eating frogs in the middle of the road...

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=1495

Many sightings are in or near waterways that are heavy with frogs, and I think we should consider that they are a food source. In the report this might have been a time of year when frogs (or toads) were en route to their annual summer orgy.

It made me think back to when I climbed Bonanza Peak in July many years ago. Bonanza Peak is near Holden Village at the upper end of Lake Chelan in Washington State, in the middle of the North Cascades. We summited in late afternoon and it started getting dark just after we managed to find the trail back to our camp at the lake below the South Face. It felt rather unsettling walking through the woods without a flashlight (didn't think of that did we?)... then all of a sudden we start stepping on slippery spots on the trail, our big leather ice climbing boots (back in the day) suddenly going sideways. We finally figured out that dinner plate size toads were coming out of the bushes on either side of the trail and it started to get pretty difficult to step on the trail for the toads.

This is close to this BFRO report:

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=14534

I think we should bear in mind that frogs and toads are a food source and think about that in relation to potential research areas. If we look for areas that they congregate for mating, then I would think we will also find animals taking advantage of the opportunity for a meal.

BFF Patron

Running out of frogs around here......plenty of salamanders and terrapins though.

Don't forget hellacious grasshoppers too, I don't know what it is about SC but I have never seen a grasshopper big enough to put a leash on until I moved here. We also have other huge unidentifiable insects here.

Edited by Jodie

Guest TooRisky

BF's diet to most other humans will sicken them because the human refuses to get to the level of survival of the BF... Eating everything raw, at times whole and alive will put off the typical city dweller and those with weaker constitutions, but hey survival is in itself heartless and at time cruel... BF probably eats insects, rodents whole, frogs, crayfish, fish, coons, rabbits, and everything else up to and including say elk, deer, moose, caribou etc... Also what happens is they eat garbage, guts, road kill, afterbirth and still born creatures in the fawn/calving season...

We must understand the food to BF is measured in nutrients and not how pretty it looks on a beautifully set table... To understand the species is to get to its level, observe and understand in a way that has to set aside all of your human traits...

Frogs are a dime a dozen here, they stick up on my windows at night and catch bugs.

Jodie, I have not heard a frog in 15 years.

They have all disappeared. :(

Hearing the frogs at night was always a meaningful occasion, now they are not here anymore.

Losing our frogs means a lot more flies. :mad: That's not good IMHO.

Don't forget hellacious grasshoppers too, I don't know what it is about SC but I have never seen a grasshopper big enough to put a leash on until I moved here. We also have other huge unidentifiable insects here.

Oh Jodie, Hubby worked in South Carolina at the "Little River Medical Center", he was the first physician who worked there.

After dealing with patients, he went *back* to school and specifically specialized in Pathology so that he did not need to deal with patients, now he only deals with other physicians.

None of his patients did what they were supposed to do.

However, I had a ball working for him! :D Those are good memories.

I thought that you were still bound in Alabama, which is okay for me. I miss Alabama to this day.

You must work there where you live.

I truly at this time do not remember the name of the hospital. It's been a long time since we were there.

Guest bsruther

In the spring the chirping from the tree frogs around here is deafening. I can see how they would make a handy snack for a creature with opposable thumbs, but it would have to be rough, being an elusive animal, chasing miniature elusive animals.

Guest TooRisky

In the spring the chirping from the tree frogs around here is deafening. I can see how they would make a handy snack for a creature with opposable thumbs, but it would have to be rough, being an elusive animal, chasing miniature elusive animals.

I am no expert but i feel we are dealing with oppertunists here... They dont hunt frogs but frogs are on the menu if stumbled upon, it is a continious gathering as they move about with the hope of a big kill...

They probably dont have a breakfast, lunch and dinner... But one day at a time, eating what comes along to stay off starvation and keep up their calories up for when the big prey items on their menu becomes available for a big kill opportunity...

Too Risky said:

BF's diet to most other humans will sicken them because the human refuses to get to the level of survival of the BF... Eating everything raw, at times whole and alive will put off the typical city dweller and those with weaker constitutions, but hey survival is in itself heartless and at time cruel... BF probably eats insects, rodents whole, frogs, crayfish, fish, coons, rabbits, and everything else up to and including say elk, deer, moose, caribou etc... Also what happens is they eat garbage, guts, road kill, afterbirth and still born creatures in the fawn/calving season...

Susi says:

You have just helped me to lose weight.

All I need to do is re-read this, and I totally lose my appetite **Totally**.

Thank you.

I am no expert but i feel we are dealing with oppertunists here... They dont hunt frogs but frogs are on the menu if stumbled upon, it is a continious gathering as they move about with the hope of a big kill...

They probably dont have a breakfast, lunch and dinner... But one day at a time, eating what comes along to stay off starvation and keep up their calories up for when the big prey items on their menu becomes available for a big kill opportunity...

Too Risky, I agree with you 100%. :D

Cicadas and lizards

I guess if you should be starving, food of any sort will work.

Poor things.. :(