Why Are There So Many Sightings In The Usa

yowiie

Hmmmmmm.............let's see if any of this makes sense:

1 Large Land Mass with vast areas of under developed forest lands.

2 Mobile educated population with access to media and internet to report sightings.

3 Extensive road network ( the USFS logging roads have more combined mileage than the US Interstate Highway system).

4 High standard of living, resulting in expanded leisure time activities in rural/wild areas.

5 High percentage of disposible/discretionary income that can be spent on items that facilitate sightings ie thermal viewers, camcorders/cameras etc.

In North America, even Canada comes up in second place when taking the above list into considerstion. In Eurasia, the situation is also not as conducive to sightings. We have a unique situation here in the USA as far as sightings go.

edit for fat finger spelling error.............

Edited by John T

Guest RedRatSnake

Anyone still got any bright idea's of catching a Sasquatch ~ ?

" The Canadian Sasquatch is essentially the same creature as the American Bigfoot, though it is claimed to be primarily nocturnal and a fast runner. Some say it steals food and abducts women — and men: A logger named Albert Ostman claimed that in 1924 while camping in British Columbia he was kidnapped by a Bigfoot family and held for nearly a week. Ostman suspected that he had been captured as a potential breeding mate for the young female Sasquatch of the family, but before he could do the dirty deed he escaped when the male elder choked on Ostman's snuff tobacco. Needless to say, Ostman offered no evidence of his experience "

Tim ~ :)

Well, I'll certainly agree the article uses the phrase "many countries", and then goes on to only list 3. <?>

This hardly constitutes "all over the world".

Well, I'll certainly agree the article uses the phrase "many countries", and then goes on to only list 3. <?>

This hardly constitutes "all over the world".

Ok. You win.

Ummmm....because reports come in from all over the world?

Then obviously, they live all over.

Edited by Incorrigible1

Hmmmmmm.............let's see if any of this makes sense:

1 Large Land Mass with vast areas of under developed forest lands.

2 Mobile educated population with access to media and internet to report sightings.

3 Extensive road network ( the USFS logging roads have more combined mileage than the US Interstate Highway system).

4 High standard of living, resulting in expanded leisure time activities in rural/wild areas.

5 High percentage of disposible/discretionary income that can be spent on items that facilitate sightings ie thermal viewers, camcorders/cameras etc.

In North America, even Canada comes up in second place when taking the above list into considerstion. In Eurasia, the situation is also not as conducive to sightings. We have a unique situation here in the USA as far as sightings go.

edit for fat finger spelling error.............

That may well be, but with the number of sightings/ encounters you would expect more evidence

Ok. You win.

Awwww... shucks no. When common sense and logical, rational thought is applied to ANY discussion, we ALL WIN !!! :)

Guest ajciani

I suspect that media has something to do with it. Bigfoot is very well known to americans.

The misconception of bigfoot is very well known to Americans. The misconception is so well known, that a rather large portion of witnesses have no clue that what they witnessed was a bigfoot. Point in fact, BFRO report #29305 recounts multiple years of bigfoot related activity, witnessed by multiple people throughout a town, and not a single one of them associated "bigfoot" with the giant, hairy man-creature, and its associated activities. This scenario has played itself out multiple times, and bigfoots are surprisingly rather frequently encountered and well known in the US, just not as "bigfoots".

I suspect that if the west coast, giant ape bigfoot was less well known, and the giant, hairy, people running around the woods bigfoot was better known, there would be considerably more reports of bigfoot from the US. BTW, "bigfoot" appeared in an episode of the X-Files; only, they called it the Jersey Devil, and it was a normal-looking wild human.

As to varying sightings of bigfoots and related species around the world, there are clearly hot and cold spots. Even in N.A., there are variations. The hot spots seem to be North America, South Asia, the Himalayas, western China, Australia, and eastern and central Europe. There are sightings from Central and South Americas, parts of western Europe (particularly the Pyrenees), the Caucus mountains, the Urals, and Japan.

The reason for the differences are a toss-up of speculation, but probably have a lot to do with the history of humans and bigfoots in the area. In western Europe, bigfoots may have been incorporated into the regular population, living as modern humans instead of as cavemen. Their lines may have been diluted, or died out due to selection. In the Himalayas and most of northern Asia, they may have been ostracized, and simply never allowed to join the normal population, possibly even being hunted down and killed. In the tribal areas of the world, there may have never been any incentive for the bigfoots to live as anything other than nomads (not much different from the normal humans). They may have been ostracized, but not hunted down (due to an inability of the tribal humans to do so). The result is separate and distinct, large bigfoot populations, with strong verbal traditions among the indigenous peoples.

In North America, one possible reason for the huge number of sightings, is that the bigfoots may be getting closer to civilization. Normal humans are all around them, regularly using what could only appear as some form of magic, and providing a treasure trove of trash. These normal humans seem not to care about their differences at all. In fact, they act like the giant, hairy people do not even exist. The only reason why bigfoots are not walking around the streets in the middle of the day, is probably because when they do show themselves to the smaller, less hairy humans, the normal reaction is not at all encouraging.

K. I'll do that.

And I think we can add Nebraska pretty soon. :lol:

My daughter dates this guy with size 18's...now that's a bigfoot!

and we live in Nebraska...

Edited by beerhunter

SSR Team

Being an outsider from Australia on a BF forum, it has always got me wondering wht there are so many sightings in the USA as opposed to other countries and continents on the planet.

How about that aside form the UK, Oz, New Zealand, Ireland, Canada & the USA, only a tiny % of other Countries actually use the language you do, therefore you wouldn't hear of them if they were reported ??

I'd say that was the most feasible reason.

There are lots, lots more legitimate reasons going on from there, one being that there are possibly not undiscovered Primates in lots of other Countries on the Planet anyway.

Edited by BobbyO

and we live in Nebraska...

Cryptic related eastern Nebraska news.....

http://www.omaha.com/article/20111201/NEWS01/712019925/651#town-on-hunt-for-elusive-ninja-cow

PLATTSMOUTH, Neb. — What's a girl to do when she finds herself all alone in a strange town being stalked by a bunch of strangers? For starters, she might want to hide out in the daytime and forage for food at night.

That's just what a large, black heifer — possibly of the Angus variety — has been doing since Sept. 15.

Plattsmouth animal control officer Sue Baker said residents are calling the bovine "ninja cow" because it will suddenly appear at night to graze and then heads for the woods when it sees people.

"We've been trying to catch her for a long time," Baker said. "I started chasing her when I got a call in the middle of the night about a cow on the loose. I found a panel from a cattle truck in the street, and we know another cow was corralled that same night by a farmer near Highway 75 in Sarpy County."

Baker has been unable to locate anyone missing an animal. When the cow is caught, it will be up to the city to decide what to do with it.

Sgt. David Murdoch of the Plattsmouth Police Department said the cow is increasingly showing up on city streets, possibly because the grass outside of town is turning coarse with the cold weather and city lawns are much softer. Feed is being left out in three locations — on a tennis court, at the city water tower and a pen north of town — where gates can be closed behind the cow.

"She hasn't done any damage, but there are a lot of cow pies around," Murdoch said. "The thing is, what we really don't want her to do is wander out into the road and get hit by a car. She would do a lot more damage than a deer."

Baker contacted John and Jessica Vallery of the W.J. Cattle Co. for help on Tuesday. The couple live south of Plattsmouth and work their own cattle herd.

The Vallerys nearly herded the "ninja cow" into the fenced tennis court Tuesday night, but just then someone happened by and the animal darted off. Jessica Vallery said the cow ran into some nearby woods and not even an infrared camera operated by a local firefighter could locate it.

The Vallerys asked Baker to let them search for the cow at least until Monday. They intend to track it on foot, horseback and four-wheeler.

"I would hate to see (officials) have to put her down," Jessica Vallery said. "I know she is probably scared. If it snows this weekend that will be in our favor because she'll be easier to track, but she is very smart and it won't be easy."

--------------------------------------------

Good news!

http://www.omaha.com/article/20111207/NEWS01/712079851/1607#cowboys-round-up-ninja-cow

Plattsmouth's long ninja nightmare came to a close Wednesday afternoon when a cow that had been roaming its streets since mid-September was finally corralled.

Police Chief Steve Rathman said the animal — dubbed the ninja cow because it grazed on lush city lawns at night and then vanished when people approached — was captured about 1 p.m. on the north side of town. Terry Grell of Louisville, Neb., Neil Johnson of Nehawka, Neb., and Gregg Eisenbarth of Plattsmouth caught the cow on horseback.

Grell said the trio tracked the cow in the morning, moved her into an open area with a trailer nearby and then allowed her to calm down before using their ropes for the capture. The cow calmly walked into the trailer for a ride to Grell's place outside of Louisville.

“It's nice that the she was taken care of without harm,†Rathman said. “We did everything in our power to humanely capture (the cow) and I'm very glad it ended as it did.â€

------------------------------------------------------------

Geez, not nearly as exciting as 'Footy's cougar cape wearing, cigarette snatching, tree-climbing resident sasquatch. We'll just have to settle for "ninja cows." Hey, it's Nebraska. We don't generally go in for wild tales and unsubstantiated bipedal window-peekers looking (upside-down at that) into our second story windows. Our loss, I guess.

Wait! Was that a bipedal creature wearing a coonskin cap? Nope, just another enormous, bloviated stretch of our imagination. Hey, we've something in common with Tennessee.