Why Are There So Many Sightings In The Usa

yowiie

As to the OP - about reporting experience. Do you not think that the western world finds things reported for record in the western way as more valid than things reported within indigenous cultures? I mean if we looked at the body of reporting concerning crytozoological creatures by indigenous people across the world as valid, most would then take the existance of yowie, sasquatch etc for granted (and the little people).

If we relied on folk-wisdom then we would have valid evidence for unicorns, dragons, basilisks, elves, fairies, centaurs, mermaids etc. Relying on testable and examinable evidence is the most reliable way to determine what is out there.

Guest Kronprinz Adam

Being an outsider from Australia on a BF forum, it has always got me wondering wht there are so many sightings in the USA as opposed to other countries and continents on the planet.

Is it

- misidentification on a major scale

- Story telling

- there are BF behind every tree

I'm not upto date on the amount of encounters there are actually documented in the US, but it certainly out ways the mere 300 documented encounters here in Oz, since we were colonised.

I think USA has a large human population in expansion...and there is also large wilderness and forests next to rural areas...

The human population:

1. Is moving..(hikers, bikers, car drivers which move into dirt roads...)

2. Is hunting...

3. Is communicating with others (media, Internet...)

Population is large, but not so dense in rural areas if compared with other countries (Central Mexico, for example). I think it is also possible that Bigfoot population is larger than australian Yowies and russian Almas and other relict

creatures around the world...

If we relied on folk-wisdom then we would have valid evidence for unicorns, dragons, basilisks, elves, fairies, centaurs, mermaids etc. Relying on testable and examinable evidence is the most reliable way to determine what is out there.

Yes true, from your world view. From the world view of other cultures a grandfather or grandmothers wisdom and information is both life saving and true. I of course understand from the western apparently objective search for knowledge folk tales do not present as "reliable" evidence. I am just raising another way at looking at the concept of "reporting" bigfoot and crytozoological critters. Bigfoot and the little'ns have been "reported" for thousands of years and on that account there are at least equal if not logically more hairy hominid accounts reported outside of the USA as within the USA. Just another way of looking at it antfoot. :)

Edited by Encounter

Yes true, from your world view. From the world view of other cultures a grandfather or grandmothers wisdom and information is both life saving and true. I of course understand from the western apparently objective search for knowledge folk tales do not present as "reliable" evidence. I am just raising another way at looking at the concept of "reporting" bigfoot and crytozoological critters. Bigfoot and the little'ns have been "reported" for thousands of years and on that account there are at least equal if not logically more hairy hominid accounts reported outside of the USA as within the USA. Just another way of looking at it antfoot. :)

Don't be so sure that Grandma's secret recipe is life-saving or valuable. The number of witch's brew concoctions I had to take as a child show that my grandmother didn't know as much as everyone thought she did. And don't get me going on my grandfather's ideas of good health. :( Not that I would mind getting falling down drunk on a regular basis but it isn't good for your health just because that's the way older generations did it. :lol:

Certainly BF type critters are common parts of cultures around the world. Not denying that.

Don't be so sure that Grandma's secret recipe is life-saving or valuable. The number of witch's brew concoctions I had to take as a child show that my grandmother didn't know as much as everyone thought she did. And don't get me going on my grandfather's ideas of good health. :( Not that I would mind getting falling down drunk on a regular basis but it isn't good for your health just because that's the way older generations did it. :lol:

Certainly BF type critters are common parts of cultures around the world. Not denying that.

:D LOL I hope you never had to swallow eye of nute (whatever that is) - probably would have been easier taking your grandfathers brew instead.

:D LOL I hope you never had to swallow eye of nute (whatever that is) - probably would have been easier taking your grandfathers brew instead.

considering eye of newt is the eye of a small salamander type critter I'll polish of grandpa's stock any day :D

Oh, and avoid the faux pas of suggesting to someone from the UK they're from England.

??

Ho-hum! I guess the Americans are never gonna get this one right. However, not as bad as Bipto suggesting Ireland was part of Britain on the Bigfoot Show. I hear he's banned for life from the Emerald Isle now...

I'm from East London, i have the most similar accent to Australians that there is apart from New Zealanders & whilst in the US this summer ( & on every trip bar none in fact ) i get labelled as an Australian more than being English EVERY time.

& yes, i am never too pleased about that, but you get used to it when it happens multiple times PER DAY !!! :D

Being an Essex man myself, I get this a lot in the USA too. Strangely, more so on the East than West Coast. Worst thing is people seem disappointed when they find you're not Aussie. I guess it must be more fashionable.....