Bf Voice

Well, "IF" I can find them, I'll post them, but some of the links are out-dated. I had found some gibbon and howler monkey vocalizations that were highly similar in style and length to what we'ver heard as typical "whoops" in Michigan. Just in a higher vocal range than what we heard.

Interestingly, listening to some of the other gibbon calls that aren't like BF at all, if you didn't KNOW they were gibbons, you'd swear you were hearing a bird make some of those high pitched, rapid, short calls and not a primate.

One of the odd sounds we've heard makes you think you're hearing a pig grunt out there in the dark, then when you listen to a gorilla "belch" sound from the internet, you realize how close those are to each other. On one night when two of us got a little bit of almost every style of vocalization in the book (minus the mumbling... I think?), a few minutes after everything settle down following the deep grumbling growl, a couple soft snorts, like the pig grunting sound (gorilla belch) came from just south of camp, which is where we had gotten up from the fire to go investigate the sound of something walking around back there, which started off the whole episode which lasted quite a while.

If you're interested, it's on our vocals website www.mivocals.moonfruit.com and is the August 30/31 2008 recording we called the "River Crossing". Laptop speakers don't reproduce the low frequencies captured, so if you have headphones or full range speakers/subwoofer turned up real well, you'll capture the essence of what happend during those encounters.

Edited by GuyInIndiana

I have a short tract that I recorded one night during what appeared to be an argument. There was quite a bit of arguing before I thought to start recording it. The only one I got was this big, deep voice. The other voices sounded more like a teenaged human male.

I think somebody got called a cracker. :lol:

It's the first one on this link.

Only one time, I heard a vocalization..live and at fairly close range... that reminded me of this description. It might have been a reply to my vocalization ( I was trying to induce some kind of response ), and it did sound pissed. The vocal went from a " wooooooooo" quickly into a multi octave scream, that was overbearingly loud ( it caused an echo, behind us ) and was insanely high pitched.

A close friend had a similar vocalization encounter last year. He said it started out as a whua whua then broke out into a high pitched scream that kept getting higher in pitch and amplitute as it continued for about 2 min. I searched the internet and the closest thing I found was the song of a female white-handed gibbon. He said it wasn't exact, but the closest thing he had heard.

He said it scared the bejeezus out of him, and said if he had hair on his back, every one of them would have been standing up on end.

One said "hello" to me. I think to freak me out, because it sure did. I got it on video, but you can't quite make out the word, at least at normal volume. I haven't tried turning it up, even. I would upload it except anytime people upload anything the riffraff just shoot them down, no matter what. And it's just way not worth the angst. It sounds outrageous, but they are known to mimic human speech. There is a scary story of one imitating a baby crying and saying "help"--in Colorado, I think. Oh, I remember, it's in the Bigfoot Campfire Stories book.

The voice sounded sort of like an old man, a bit low, kind of syrupy, and kind of weird. The minute I heard it, I knew what it was. :blink: And got right out of there. Oh, I just thought of something! My 16 year old daughter was with me. Maybe it was talking to HER......ooh. ew. :o And in the video I can make one out pretty well and it is right across the canal from where she was. Hmmm. :mad:

Edited by Kings Canyon

Guest Thepattywagon

One said "hello" to me. I think to freak me out, because it sure did. I got it on video, but you can't quite make out the word, at least at normal volume. I haven't tried turning it up, even. I would upload it except anytime people upload anything the riffraff just shoot them down, no matter what. And it's just way not worth the angst. It sounds outrageous, but they are known to mimic human speech. There is a scary story of one imitating a baby crying and saying "help"--in Colorado, I think. Oh, I remember, it's in the Bigfoot Campfire Stories book.

The voice sounded sort of like an old man, a bit low, kind of syrupy, and kind of weird. The minute I heard it, I knew what it was. :blink: And got right out of there. Oh, I just thought of something! My 16 year old daughter was with me. Maybe it was talking to HER......ooh. ew. :o And in the video I can make one out pretty well and it is right across the canal from where she was. Hmmm. :mad:

So, you have a recording that is "outrageous", but won't post it for fear of receiving opinions on it. Yet you have no problems when it comes to posting pictures of endless blobsquatches hanging out in trees; pictures that you know the viewer can't identify as anything at all.

I don't understand your rationale.

Post the video. What's the worst that can happen? :)

I have yet to successfully upload or even email a video. They are big and have to be cut into bits. I would have to learn editing and all to cut it down. I don't know how to do that, not yet. By the time I did, interest would have evaporated.

If you believe what I say, okay. If not, okay.

And just generally, I will NOT post jack any more. Been there, done that, just hated the result. If you don't believe it, fine. Every time you see my avatar, skip reading the post. Your reference to blobsquatches only reinforces my point.

Edited by Kings Canyon

Well maybe I'm riffraff but I hear the word "hello" a lot. Sounds like a little girl. Sometimes I hear her say "good night" and "I love you" too. I have a history of hallucinations both visual and aural. I've never taped them but I'd bet they'd be difficult to make out as well.

Bipedalist- yeah, from talking to BF enthusiasts it has been opinion of mine thtat BF imitates various animal sounds that are in the foreast for various reasons. pat :rolleyes:

Well maybe I'm riffraff but I hear the word "hello" a lot. Sounds like a little girl. Sometimes I hear her say "good night" and "I love you" too. I have a history of hallucinations both visual and aural.

How do you KNOW they are hallucinations? Maybe you're gifted and sensitive and someone IS trying to communicate with you.

Don't be so quick to dismiss something that could be valid.

OMG the bigfoot I saw and heard sounded just like Johnny Weir! Most people run when they see Bigfoot... I just shook my head.

By the way, this was a joke.

I've heard a whole range of vocals from gravelly to silky smooth to vocals that sounded like multiple frequencies/octaves were being produced all at the same time. Bigfeet have such a powerful, wide and dymanic vocal range that not much surprises me concerning their vocal repertoire. If I had to catagorize according to my experiences I'd say that most lower pitch and lower volume vocals were more raspy. The higer pitch vocals were more smooth. But that's just been my limited experience. I can't even come close when I personally try to reproduce the smooth voiced whoops that I've heard them produce. Often the smoothness of their voices give them away when they mimic other common animals.

Here's an example of what I mean. I was investigating a long term activity location when the local Sasquatch approached to perform its nightly (4:00 a.m.) harassment ritual to the landowner's dog. The Sasquatch initiated the encounter with two quick loud and smooth whoop whoops which set the dog off. The dog ran to the property line to confront the instigator barking all the way. The Sasquatch began barking back with mimicking barks that sounded precisely like those of the dog except ... the Sasquatch's barks were so very beautifully smooth. The harsh barks of the dog were stepping on silky barks of the Sasquatch and vice versa. That dog was a large great pyrenees and chow mix that regularly confronted and chased mountain lions, bears and packs of other dogs. However it would not venture past the property line to engage the Sasquatch. The encounter ended as the Sasquatch ran along on the other side of a creek demarcating the property line with the barking dog in tow on the landowner's side of the creek. The reason for this nightly exhange is anyone's guess. The landowner's sow recently birthed piglets and they were located in a pen on the opposite end of the property from whence the provocation began and to which the Sasquatch proceeded in the end. My hunch is that another Sasquatch was attempting to abscond with a piglet whilst the barking Sasquatch distracted the guard dog. But in the end no piglets went missing of which I'm aware and momma sow was an enormous ugly monster herself. Maybe it was just all fun and games?

King Canyon, I understand the deal about sharing files. I also had to hassle thru finding the best format and how much to share. www.dropbox.com is a free file share type program that allows you to upload very large files for free and share with whoever you want or don't want.. it also allows original file share rather than a youtube type thing..if you find someone interested in sonogramming your files, or you decide to share with someone that can help advance whatever you are seeking. TransferBigFiles I believe is another type program. Also there are free file conversion programs so if you are in ACVHD or whatever, you can turn into Windows Media or whatever for free also. I think AVHS or something is one I use.....

that part, the communicating is very tough, especially with sound, and one of the toughest areas to demonstrate it is a BF...good luck!

Guest Thepattywagon

I have yet to successfully upload or even email a video. They are big and have to be cut into bits. I would have to learn editing and all to cut it down. I don't know how to do that, not yet. By the time I did, interest would have evaporated.

If you believe what I say, okay. If not, okay.

And just generally, I will NOT post jack any more. Been there, done that, just hated the result. If you don't believe it, fine. Every time you see my avatar, skip reading the post. Your reference to blobsquatches only reinforces my point.

KC, maybe you misunderstood me. I WOULD like to hear whatever it is you have on tape. Your pics may very well have Sasquatches in them. It's just that it is virtually impossible to tell, so I have no of really knowing. I can only say that your belief in what is in your pics is stronger than mine.