On The Hunt For Sasquatch With Tracker.

Guest tracker

Guest tracker

The weather gotten colder the tourist are finally gone and the noise of gun shots from hunting season has not started yet. Autumn is the best time to enjoy searching in my books. Some may know that i am not really concerned with trying to film more Bf's behind trees or at a distance. Or sounds of a Sask, we got that covered all ready IMO. Me I am usually after den locations and bones and perhaps tools and close encounters. But it's not for everyone to say the least. There are other risks involved in this type of search that doesn't apply to Bf camping, baiting, wood knocking or call blasting research.

Okay here we go. I descended 30-35 feet into this dark cave. It's only bright because of my head lamp and camera flash. Anyways that's the opening looking back up on the left pic from inside. The middle is where it gets interesting. The cave gets deeper and also continues down that corridor. On the right it drops down to another level. Anyways there was signs of new activity above with the fir of a dead rabbit and older scuffle marks and odor inside. Possible a winter den with something checking up on it from time to time? Perhaps scouting to see if the cave was still a secure location? So with that in mind i stayed on the rocks inside and didn't start crawling around leaving my scent and prints behind in the sand. And as Arnold would say "I'll be back" and check in again in the winter if i can get close enough? Speaking of that, anyone else notice the Bf's are more testy/territorial in the winter? if not by first hand experience but from reports also? it seems that way to me anyways.

th_DSCF0016.jpgth_DSCF0013.jpgth_DSCF0014.jpg

Oh and if you have a fear of the unknown, dark enclosed places or snakes and the other bigger critters that love caves? Then cave searching might not be for you? ohmy.gif

If you like the cave shots i will be posting a few in my Great Places to Search and or Share a Picture threads, not sure yet?

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians and go Leafs! wink.gif

JMO, Tracker dry.gif

Here's a few pics from my initial encounter area. These are the most recent finds.

Two nice tree breaks and a new structure all found in the same vicinity where I've experienced two vocal encounters.

This is at a trail crossing very close to my initial encounter involving whoops, chest thumps (?) and a large limb break.

IMG_1978.jpg

Same tree break. This is the top on the ground full of green.

IMG_1980.jpg

Same break.

IMG_1981.jpg

Most recent structure of which I've found several in the immediate area.

IMG_1984.jpg

Nice break (maple) about 10ft. off the ground.

Nothing there to suggest it's natural.

IMG_1994.jpg

Same break. This is the top on the ground again full of green leaves.

Roughly 30ft. give or take laying on the ground.

IMG_1995.jpg

Same break, different angle. This break was found roughly 100ft. + from the latest structure.

IMG_2009.jpg

edit: One more of the same break.

IMG_2002.jpg

Edited by toejam

Cool stuff, TJ! That last break looks like it may be from natural causes, though. It looks like the pine, which was larger, was at such an angle that when it died and fell, it's weight brought the much smaller hardwood down, causing it to break. The 2nd to last picture is the most suggestive of that, as you can see where the pine has the top of the hardwood sapling caught under it at a hard angle. I've seen that happen around here a good bit. I've actually seen it in action a few times.

Those other breaks are certainly out of place, though!

Edited by Surveyor

Cool stuff, TJ! That last break looks like it may be from natural causes, though. It looks like the pine, which was larger, was at such an angle that when it died and fell, it's weight brought the much smaller hardwood down, causing it to break. The 2nd to last picture is the most suggestive of that, as you can see where the pine has the top of the hardwood sapling caught under it at a hard angle. I've seen that happen around here a good bit. I've actually seen it in action a few times.

Those other breaks are certainly out of place, though!

Thanks for the comment Surveyor. I know it looks like that but it didn't seem like enough leverage to break the maple.

I definitely pondered that one for awhile but I'm not convinced. I don't think the pine could throw enough force being so close to the maple.

I'm excited about finding the new structure. They definitely come through here periodically.

A large limb break a couple weeks back on a calm day while walking a trail had me a little excited as well.

There's been a few questionable moments throughout the last month or so.

Weather and work tend to cut into my forest time a little too much lately :D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest tracker

I updated my Risks of the Trade thread with poachers taking a young moose out of season and some (pics). Looks like they tagged a black bear recently as well. Odd they left the hide? Maybe it was a pest bear with too much bullet hole damage.

th_DSCF0010-5.jpg

I am keeping an eye on these guys since Sasq could be in this area also at any given time. Which is how i came across these guys while out tracking. Who knows maybe they will end the debate and leave a body near by for old Tracker to find? Although I doubt that any resident Sasq wouldn't know about these guys and therefor stay well clear of them. Unless PO?

Hey you never know, the Bf's up here seem more aggressive.

JMO, T dry.gif

• 2 months later...
Guest tracker

I've run into delays so i'll post this vid with 4 Bf's in it because i said i would. The black haired one is being very obvious the other 3 are boulder peeking so watch for head movement. 3 are very close!

http://youtu.be/VHJO0YZIgZk

Tracker dry.gif

Edited by tracker

Admin

Hey Tracker. Thanks for posting it.

I have to be honest, I see no BFs on that video.

p.s. is this the video you took inside their shelter with the babies?

Guest tracker

Hey Tracker. Thanks for posting it.

I have to be honest, I see no BFs on that video.

p.s. is this the video you took inside their shelter with the babies?

Try pausing every second of the time frame indicated and find the black haired one first around :45 mark when i pan by the log. The 2 grey's are tougher but their gorilla like faces are just above the boulder 15' away.

T

Edited by tracker

I followed the instructions you gave and I wasn't successful. That is by no means any kind of indication that something isn't there. Even though I think KC's vision tends to matrix more than others, I still think he might have a talent for picking up on what others can't immediately see in film. Maybe he can look at it and give us markers for where he sees the bigfoot. It would be interesting to see if it coincides with what you are seeing, Tracker.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for posting the vid, Tracker. Plus one to Jodie for a great suggestion, and I hope KC might consider the task.

I've tried, I've looked, and haven't seen, yet. I vow to keep an open mind, however.

Guest tracker

I followed the instructions you gave and I wasn't successful. That is by no means any kind of indication that something isn't there. Even though I think KC's vision tends to matrix more than others, I still think he might have a talent for picking up on what others can't immediately see in film. Maybe he can look at it and give us markers for where he sees the bigfoot. It would be interesting to see if it coincides with what you are seeing, Tracker.

Usually others tell me i missed some anyways. Which kinda creeps me out later on seeing how close one or more was while hiding. Sam looks right at them sneaking up on us while I am being a dork looking elsewhere.

T

Edited by tracker

Seriously Tracker, don't say where you see them. I sent KC a PM to come look at it, I think he may indeed see more than you see, but if he sees them in the same places as you do on the tape, then to me, that is some indication that something is indeed there.

Go ahead and send me your markers where you see them, and then I'll get KC to send his to me without either of you seeing the other's results. Then I'll post them together.

Guest tracker

Seriously Tracker, don't say where you see them. I sent KC a PM to come look at it, I think he may indeed see more than you see, but if he sees them in the same places as you do on the tape, then to me, that is some indication that something is indeed there.

Go ahead and send me your markers where you see them, and then I'll get KC to send his to me without either of you seeing the other's results. Then I'll post them together.

Sure go ahead no worries they are there. Who's KC ?

The time frames are indicated in the vid comments.

T

Sure go ahead no worries they are there. Who's KC ?

The time frames are indicated in the vid comments.

T

Well I'll ask him not to look at the comments then, and hope for the best. King's Canyon is a really nice forum member. He takes a lot of flack sometimes, and for the most part, handles it with dignity.