Need Help In Central Texas.........

Bigtex

Hey NW, like your 'the changing of the guard' comment, that's exactly what it is:) As a long time woods guy, and nature freak, which includes a lil 'Bigfoolery' (that's a joke, haha), what the heck is this Dogman? i haven't seen one, but have heard weird sounds, strange tracks, and heard stories from others. A lot of you guys are out there, what have you seen, heard, and your opinion? 

• Thanks 1

Good heavens, BigTex, that is super creepy. You be careful out there and keep some big guns handy!

G

Your pix gave me shivers!

I have an acquaintance who saw a dogman twice in the vicinity of Silver Falls State Park a year ago on back-to-back days in the same area. 

We've seen no sign, and I hope to keep it that way.

Edited by Madison5716

I've never heard nor sensed anything following me while out in the woods. It would be particularly disconcerting if it occurred when I was on my way out as daylight was rapidly fading or gone.

I know of two reports of a dogman near one of the areas I go. I try to keep thoughts of it at bay whenever I'm overnight there. I've worked out in my mind how I'd react to a sasquatch sighting or even an encounter. That mental video has been played and replayed a thousand times. Not sure how I'd react to seeing a dogman.  I'd probably have a dry mouth and knot in my stomach.

Bigtex, very interesting pictures especially the top one. Do you plan to revisit the area and poke around looking for footprints? You may want to bring along a friend if you're planning on either staying overnight or exiting while it's dark.

Thanks for the posts guys.....I try not to think about a Dogman, chasing one hairy Cryptid is enough for me, lol! Tying to get a buddy lined up and stay out there tomorrow night.....I'm single with 2 kiddos at home, so gotta figure out what to do with them or use them as bait (not really:)

Went over to where I had seen the creature with big eyes and found the first print below, it was within 30 yards from where i had seen it, and right where I had crossed the creek on the way back to my vehicle....guess it was following me. Weird print, and was maybe 10-12", looks like a narrow heal, appears to have 5 toes, and might have claws....it was a bit underwater so hard to tell. The Sotol is out, and discards of a mini snack on the trial, and a closeup of one of the leaves.

1DMP.jpg

1-S1.jpg

1-S2.jpg

• Upvote 1

FYI....the Sotol chews above for sure have good ole spit all over them if anyone is interested in testing, message me privately and can send you a few.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's an interesting find from a remote area....3 pics of that and something with hands did it. Look at the other picture right in the middle, does anyone see anything? 

1WA.jpg

1WB.jpg

1WC.jpg

1Camo.JPG

Hey @Bigtex  Wow! I love that twisted, woven stick. Save it! I’m sure you’ll Keep it for further analysis, along with notes on the location. Is it something kids in your area make for fun? Otherwise…who/what with hands makes those….hmm.

As for the bottom pic, I see what could be a small dark 4-legged animal in the middle. With that much pixelation and blurriness, it looks like pareidolia to me. But to be intentionally “scientific” about it, I suggest taking a pic of a known animal like a cat in the yard, then blowing it up til it turns to pixels. When the photo is the same blurriness as the one above, does the animal still have  enough characteristics for you to ID it? Maybe some of our techie friends on the Forum can describe how to do that, or if there’s a better way. That would helpful in a lot of situations where folks have sent in pics of unknown shadows. 

As far as the last pic....I was being followed, and got my cellphone camera ready, spun around and took the pic of something about 20 yards back. The only way I can describe what I saw was similar to the Predator movie where the alien blends in with his camo tech. I've heard of this phenom before but was not on board.....not so sure now, the pic on my cell is more clear, there was definitely something there that was about 7' tall, has anyone experienced something like this?

1Camo_LI.jpg

Bigtex, I have not experienced the 'Sasquatch Effect' that I know of.

I down loaded the image from your post and subjected it to 'edge detection'. Edge detection is well suited for night images but it was worth a shot.  My computer did not show anything from the 'cell phone camera' image. Are you able to download the camera image to your computer?  A link to download 'edge detection' is on this forum, courtesy of Gigantor.

Perhaps it is time to slow down and go backwards. You have a box of Canon Sure Shot 35mm cameras.  Funny that some of the models are named Canon Sure Shot BF/ BF date. Do not get excited forum readers because 'BF' refers to 'Big Finder'.  The fixed focus versions are quicker to take an exposure.  Auto focus is a few miliseconds late.  Lock and load, turn on camera, turn and aim and click, click, click, click. No flash!!!!!   

A few questions:

Were you carrying food?

Wind?

Smell ( it, not you )?  Maybe both?

Sneaky animal was in a trackless area. What happens to the tracks when the 'Sasquatch Effect' is engaged and the animal(s) are walking on sand?

There are incidents of 'air creatures' that display a similar glimmering appearance. Described as an 'air centipede'.

I just checked: go to 'In the Field > Applied Scientific Methods > Edge Detection Software for Night Videos'.

At this time, there are only 18 downloads. Sad.

Edited by Catmandoo
more text

I had no idea that the edge detection software was around here! When my phone is charged, I'll check it out. Cool.

@Bigtex, I honestly don't see anything. But I wasn't there, and you were - go with your instincts. That twisted, braided stick was awesome! That's a keeper and a wonder. 

Edited by Madison5716

Howdy....I take all my pics with my iPhone 8+, and email them from my phone to computer.......question: do you get a better pic downloading instead of emailing? My kids call me 'low-tech Dad, so yep a bit challenged, lol. Since I've never seen something like this before, I'm just going to forget about for now. I will add that some buddies and I went to a high vantage point looking down on the valley where the shimmering creature was, and there were several light orbs buzzing around, I have video of that, strange stuff for sure......I'll play around with the video to see if I can shorten the duration and post.

• Upvote 1

Hey Cat....no food, wind, or smell that I recall, and the ground was hard so there weren't any tracks that I could see.

• gigantor unfeatured this topic

Back to some normal hairyman stuff......not gonna think about shimmering figures & orbs, will save that for another forum, lol. Here are some discarded Sotol's next to the host plant.

1-S1.jpg

1-S3.jpg

• Upvote 1

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic