Need Help In Central Texas.........

Bigtex

Think I mentioned this before, but here goes again.......after several VERY close calls with rattlesnakes, I did a lot of research on what to do in the field if bitten, since a few times I've been hours from the car and no cell service. After a ton of research, I found some interesting info on a electro-shock method, which only works on hemotoxcin by killing the live enzymes in the venom. If done within 30 minutes, it quickly reverses the symptoms, and stops the necrosis as well. A doctor friend  is totally on-board with this, and even sells a self-defense stun-gun amped down to around 16,000 volts for this purpose, works on dogs too. If you do enough research, you'll find some amazing info on this, especially coming from South America as reported by 2 eye doctors who traveled through Amazonia curing eye diseases in the 80's, they witnessed and documented this process several times. 

Anyone who wants additional info on this just private email me.....stay safe out there!

7 hours ago, Bigtex said:

........After a ton of research, I found some interesting info on a electro-shock method, which only works on hemotoxcin by killing the live enzymes in the venom. If done within 30 minutes, it quickly reverses the symptoms, and stops the necrosis as well. A doctor friend  is totally on-board with this, and even sells a self-defense stun-gun amped down to around 16,000 volts for this purpose.........

Never heard of this before. My first thought was that I'd have a really difficult time switching my impulse from shooting the snake to shooting myself, even if it was just a stun gun. So I did a quick google search........

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11434486/

.........We concluded that the use of stun guns or other sources of high voltage, low amperage direct current electric shocks to treat venomous bites and stings is not supported by the literature...........

The FDA did a ridiculous study, and typical of their misleading BS....they want you to go to a hospital, pay close to 100k, and have part of you body rot away. I read enough to be fairly convinced, but nothing coming from this country other than what you would expect, negative. I'll go to a hospital if bit, but I'm zapping myself too. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks for finding the previous discussion.....I knew it was there somewhere, and needs a revisit for snake season!

On 4/22/2016 at 1:42 PM, Bigtex said:

........Let's take a vote.......kill the (venomous) snakes, Yes - No?

Y E S !!!

Their space in the environment can be taken up by predatory birds (which are all already federally protected), non-venomous snakes, foxes, coyotes, bobcats, etc. They won't go to waste since they can be eaten. Feed them to the hungry.

I vote no.  I'm always cognizant of their potential presence but they are part of the natural balance of things. You remove one piece from the puzzle and maybe it could have a negatively-cascading effect.  Don't get me wrong, I wish I were sasquatching in an area where you could move about without any consideration.

Edited by wiiawiwb

An old Indian guy I used to hang out with as a kid taught me a lot, always in the woods and real school was in! I asked him about killing poisonous snakes, he said no unless you need the food, bless it first, otherwise it creates bad snake karma....he might be right, I haven't killed any, they haven't tried to kill me, and have had 3 good chances over the years.

Nice hike yesterday, found a Sotol chew 'snack-on-the-go', as seen on the ground and in hand, notice how the leaves are stuck to it from all the saliva, pretty cool! Also, here's a peanut butter jar lid from 2016, they keep turning up in weird places, this one apparently washed down the creek from another location.

And while on the subject of dangerous things you might encounter in the woods, such as the snakes, but by far the most dangerous thing you will do out there IMO is your very next step, lol......a souvenir from yesterday.

1S4.jpg

1S2.jpg

1S1.jpg

1cut.jpg

1C3.jpg

1C2.jpg

Back to the BF cloaking.....I was watching this YT video, and noticed exactly what I was seeing that day, it starts around the 1:45 mark, upper right and to the left of the larger tree, it wasn't mentioned in the video, the guy obviously didn't see it, how about you guys? This video has some of the craziest vocals I've heard, worth a watch!

https://youtu.be/27w5UjC-17o

BFF Patron

Will have to watch again, just saw movement artifact and blurring throughout the vid because of his rapid panning.  Sounds were like a cross between a bull boar, cow in heat and bear.  Why no noise from rooting or walking is heard is rather perplexing.  

On 6/3/2022 at 9:31 AM, Bigtex said:

Back to the BF cloaking.....I was watching this YT video, and noticed exactly what I was seeing that day, it starts around the 1:45 mark, upper right and to the left of the larger tree, it wasn't mentioned in the video, the guy obviously didn't see it, how about you guys? This video has some of the craziest vocals I've heard, worth a watch!

https://youtu.be/27w5UjC-17o

Sorry, Bigtex, I don't see it. I see what I THINK you are seeing. There is a small tree in the foreground with its top just to the left of what I think is the tree you are talking about. As the camera moves, it looks like something might be shimmering there a little. But it's the smaller treetop. Or am I missing it? Apologies for my aging eyes.

No conclusions from the poor phone camera images. Camera auto focus and exposure reactions are slow. As far as the audio, my stomach sounds like that after a lot of cold pizza.

LOL Cat.....don't forget the warm beer to go with the cold pizza! As far as the audio, I've been around African lions before, sounded a lot like that, and you have to wonder how many escaped 'pets' are out there, would you report it if your large cat got away, I doubt it. Folks just don't realize how many of these large dangerous cats are in private hands.

Here are 2 impressions from the other day, we've had some rain, so the soil was soft, also pictured is a probable Indian Mound, and some type of nest that looked put together.

1P1.jpg

1P2.jpg

1mound.jpg

1nest.jpg

1 hour ago, Bigtex said:

........you have to wonder how many escaped 'pets' are out there, would you report it if your large cat got away, I doubt it. Folks just don't realize how many of these large dangerous cats are in private hands..........

In Alaska, it's always open season "deleterious exotic" wildlife, so if I see an African lion or tiger on the loose, I'm going to shoot it, and I bet I'll be able to keep it for my wall.

In 2006 a 550 lb. Bengal tiger was finally shot by authorities in the Simi Valley area of Los Angeles, just blocks from the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and an elementary school, after weeks of sighting reports in the area. To this day they have no idea where it came from.

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic