Need Help In Central Texas.........

Bigtex

BigTex

By those cattails there seems to be a large gray log or is that a rock.  If it is a log, then there seems to be a large print on it.  If your dog did that good the first time, then he is a keeper.  He really seems to be a tracker. Have not taken my new pup out into the woods yet. It is bow hunting season right now in Michigan. So, I have to wait after January to get him out into the woods where bigfoot is. In the meantime, I can take him to the state parks. Take care of him and he will make mistakes. Happy Sasquatch hunting.

Here's an interesting print from the other day, down on the creeks edge near the Cattails previously pictured. What's even cooler (to me), is a trail nearby that the Hairyman took off on. A fair amount of prints, nothing worth posting though, but what was interesting, and this went on for 100 yards or so.....it must of been walking with a hand full of Sotol leaves, would chew and discard......several of these are shown about 20-30 yards apart, are relatively fresh based on the green color, and weren't there 2 days before. Two pics of each, one further off and one close-up showing the chew.

AP1.jpg

AS1a.jpg

AS1b.jpg

AS2a.jpg

AS2b.jpg

AS3a.jpg

AS3b.jpg

AS4a.jpg

AS4b.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Hey NW...I think the print was VERY fresh IMO, maybe even minutes!

Shadow, yeah that's limestone, maybe it's a wet print, I'll give it another look tomorrow:)

Here's a piece of Sotol that I picked, gotta be careful of the sharp outer edges, did a quick chew and a pic of that, it has a sweet pleasant taste to it. 

ASN1b.jpg

ASN1a.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a pic from yesterday from the Cattail creek that I have posted a few times, and looks like more of them are missing. We've had some rain, so the ground is soft and some interesting impressions. And more Sotol discards on one of the trails leading away from this section of the creek, and with an interesting impression next to it.

A1Cat.jpg

AP1.jpg

AP2.jpg

AP3.jpg

• Upvote 1

As a side note to the Cattails, even though it doesn't look like it in the pic, there's about an 7' drop off to the creek & marshy area by the Cattails.....there's a trail of dead grass leading from the other side to the harvesting area, kind of wondering why it's dead, it appears something heavy has been using the trail, outlined in red, and it isn't wild pigs....any thoughts out there?

A1Cat-inked.jpg

Perhaps something sits there. Or sleeps. Or perhaps that area has been repeatedly soaked with urine, maybe? Just throwing things out there.

Thanks NW....there might be something about your urine comment for sure. The sections of this creek before and after this larger marshy area, are torn up by hogs, but nothing in the Cattail area, no piggy tracks, it's like they are scared of this area and won't go near it. Next time I'm over there I might just have to give it a good sniff test, Kodiak goes nuts down there with his nose, he's smelling something.

If Kodiak is smelling something, then there is something there. What it is though, is a mystery. I'd be interested to hear the results of your sniff test. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks like a larger print with a smaller one over.....also another interesting pic, is it natural or carved, a fish on the right?

AP2-double.jpg

A-fossil1.jpg

Crazy weird carving, if it is. The little one on the right almost looks kind of like an angry frog. You can kind of see his leg. 

BigTex, you definitely have something that likes to snack on the sotol! I love your pix. You are definitely on to something. 

On 9/16/2022 at 5:35 PM, ShadowBorn said:

My wife hates hm, but I love him. 

Shadowborn, how could she hate him... look at that face! I think he's adorable. 

Edited by Madison5716

On 9/13/2022 at 12:58 PM, Bigtex said:

.had a chance to get a high-content wolf-hybrid and was all on-board! This one's a male, about 6 months old named Kodiak.....may he track & befriend the local hairymen like Lulu did!

Kodiak is gorgeous! May he be a good friend to all his people. 

I miss my stinky old dog. My landlord forbid me from getting any more animals, though I'm only down to one slightly crazy cat. 

Edited by Madison5716

Thanks....he's 10 months old and already big, good pup but when he sees something.....the chase is on and then he gets lost, had to buy a tracker for this beast!

AK5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic