Need Help In Central Texas.........

Bigtex

Wow! She is getting big! Beautiful dogs! Isn't it great to have them out with you? So much company.

Thanks for sharing!

KB

Thanks guys.....I do love hiking with my 'Pack', they add a lot to my hikes including companionship and safety. The Wolf is just crazy good to hike with as you can imagine, amazing experience, and if there if something out there looking to jump me.....ha, good luck going unnoticed by the Pack:)

Now, they may also prevent me from having a meaningful BF encounter, but that's OK too. There was a particular hike back in 2011 where I really believe they were chasing a BF down the creek bed just a head of me, and the print below was the result. It was quite fresh when I found it, with water from a nearby creek seeping into the print......I figure the print was just minutes old when I came across it. There's a video I posted about it many posts ago, but was taken a few days after. The pic below was fresh.

post-193-0-72248600-1371562063_thumb.jpg

Finally, after waiting 2 years because of drought.......my little pool has filled enough to do some swimming. However, a tree has been pushed over into it, what a drag. Looked around by the tree, can't really see a reason why the living tree would have fallen over, and looked deliberate by a very strong individual. I could be getting a dose of BF Tunnel-Vision on this one, but it sure looked odd in person. This is a Cedar (Juniper) Tree with horizontal, not deep, root structure, and will up-root much easier than a hard wood. And with their low limbs and easy manipulation properties, seem to be the preferred 'tree fodder' for a certain large creature in this area:)

post-193-0-99349100-1371574802_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-59110700-1371574840_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-92004700-1371574853_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-58771300-1371574872_thumb.jpg

I have heard of marking your territory, but this is ridiculous. This is a huge poop pile, of all shapes, sizes, species, and has obviously been happening over a long period of time. The leaves are covering a lot of it now, but this thing is about 8' X 3' X 2 to 4" deep!

It is located in and around the base of a large Live Oak tree at the top of a 40' cliff, growing right on the edge, and is also the location of a game trail that leads from the bottom. Any animal down in the creek bed would use this game trail to reach the top, or vice versa......nothing unusual about that, see it all the time - why lay a turd?

Never seen anything like this, has anyone else?

http://www.asktheexterminator.com/wild_animals/Raccoon_Feces_printer.shtml

Great hiking weather, and many of the scattered pools have water again.......still need lots of rain though.

Retrieved one of my Game Cameras (Bushnell), and found this rather interesting photo of my little Fox friend. He lives in one of the area where I hike, and usually follows me when hiking without the Ridgeback......he seems to have a crush on my Rat Terrier. Didn't know Fox's could climb trees, he's way up there in the photo, and the bag of food was on the ground in the next shot.

Grey fox climb.. they have sharp claws just like a cat!

Red fox do not have the same type claws.

http://interesting-animal-facts.com/Deciduous-Forest-Animal-Facts/Grey-Fox-Facts.shtml

That looks like a Pine Snake to me. They are constrictors and can have a nasty temperment, depending on the individual. I had a few as pets when I was going through my adolescent snake phase. Biggest one I ever saw was about 6 feet. This one looks longer than that.

Carpet python.. aussie variety.

This print has me stumped.......there were several in a track-way coming from one of the creeks, this was the best, but certainly looked better 'live'. It is roundish and wide like a big cat, but the claws are showing, and there are only 3 toes, almost looks like a Dinosaur print. I'm certainly not suggesting that, but they are weird prints, and have never seen anything like them........has anyone else.....any ideas?

post-193-0-66537800-1371745050_thumb.jpg

Guest Thepattywagon

That looks like a Pine Snake to me. They are constrictors and can have a nasty temperment, depending on the individual. I had a few as pets when I was going through my adolescent snake phase. Biggest one I ever saw was about 6 feet. This one looks longer than that.

Umm, yea, Wudewasa identified the snake in post #525

Umm, yea, Wudewasa identified the snake in post #525

I posted that before i read post #525

:)

OK......really hoping to get some feedback on the 'WTF' kinda weird print a few posts back.......the thing was heavy enough to leave a pretty good impression.

• gigantor unlocked and featured this topic
  • gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor unpinned this topic
  • gigantor unlocked and pinned this topic
  • gigantor unlocked and pinned this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic