Saving Bigfoot

Because there are no reports whatsoever that there are sasquatches there, and there are plenty of people there to report them if there were.

The lack of people seeing them means nothing, but I'm willing to agree that there may be none there if it means so much to you. Feel better now?

The point is that there aren't enough of them to be seen there, just like grizzly bears, alligators, and javalinas.

Or maybe there are thousands of them in NY state, but they find the city repulsive, & don't go there.

I wouldn't be too sure that there are no alligators there. People have all kinds of exotic "pets" that they get tired of & release into urban areas. Might want to research that one before you state it as a fact. I hear that the sewer system is full of them.

This is strong circumstantial evidence that sasquatches are significantly more rare than grizzly bears, alligators, and javalinas, even regionally.

It's strong circumstantial evidence to me that they are significantly more intelligent than grizzlies, alligators, & javalinas, & know how to avoid being seen better than they do.

I don't know, but they end up as roadkill in their prime habitat (cities) by the thousands.

That's because there are many more CARS in their prime habitat than in BF's prime habitat.

So, two grizzlies found dead on the road in a decade in a single state, and absolutely no sasquatches found dead on the road anywhere.

This is yet another circumstantial evidence that sasquatches are very, very rare and likely endangered.

Or that they are more intelligent than grizzly bears, & know enough to stay out of the road when a car is approaching.

You cannot expect us to accept that all sasquatches are smarter than all people.

Ok, don't accept it.

Dogs and cats are regularly found dead on the road, I've hit two dogs and a cat myself on the road, and there still has never been a sasquatch found dead on the road.

Just proves that they are also smarter than cats & dogs.

How do you know that one has never been hit, anyway? Maybe one running on all fours was hit, thought to be a bear, deer, wolf, or whatever, & it's family took the body before humans could find it? I saw a cougar smeared all over the Interstate once, & the truck that hit in never even hit his brakes. It could have been a BF that was hit & he would have not known or reported it, & it was gone the next morning.

Everything that happens doesn't get "reported".

There are grizzly bears seen daily. Mountain lions seen daily. Javalinas seen daily.

Where are these reports? Have you actually seen them, or are you just speculating?

Fair enough...based on your experience, what do you say to the contention that bears as a species are becoming more and more agressive and losing their fear of man?

I believe it is true, and that can actually be seen to various degrees in various places. Park bears know they won't get shot at. Bears in the wilderness know the exact opposite.

And they each behave accordingly.

They (and all other animals, as well) will adjust their behavior to mesh with ours..........

Huntster, on 01 December 2010 - 11:03 AM, said:

Because there are no reports whatsoever that there are sasquatches there, and there are plenty of people there to report them if there were.

The lack of people seeing them means nothing, but I'm willing to agree that there may be none there if it means so much to you. Feel better now?

Not really. What you believe or type has no impact on my emotions whatsoever. If you believe that there is no meaning regarding the complete lack of sightings of sasquatches in New York's Central Park, by all means, you may so believe.

And we can then formulate opinions on your beliefs.

The point is that there aren't enough of them to be seen there, just like grizzly bears, alligators, and javalinas.

Or maybe there are thousands of them in NY state, but they find the city repulsive, & don't go there.

Possibly. I certainly agree that they would avoid a city, but I still don't agree that there are "thousands" in NY state, or there would have been one shot, captured, or hit by a vehicle by now.

I wouldn't be too sure that there are no alligators there. People have all kinds of exotic "pets" that they get tired of & release into urban areas. Might want to research that one before you state it as a fact. I hear that the sewer system is full of them.

I believe that it is possible that an alligator or caiman has been released in the New York City area, but I doubt a sasquatch has been so introduced into the area.

This is strong circumstantial evidence that sasquatches are significantly more rare than grizzly bears, alligators, and javalinas, even regionally.

It's strong circumstantial evidence to me that they are significantly more intelligent than grizzlies, alligators, & javalinas, & know how to avoid being seen better than they do.

Have you ever seen a grizzly, alligator, or javalina in the wild? (I've seen all three in the wild).

If not, does that reveal anything about your intelligence to us?

I don't know, but they end up as roadkill in their prime habitat (cities) by the thousands.

That's because there are many more CARS in their prime habitat than in BF's prime habitat.

Indeed, and that tells us of the importance of densities and prime habitat, doesn't it?

Can you tell us where you believe prime sasquatch habitat might be?

So, two grizzlies found dead on the road in a decade in a single state, and absolutely no sasquatches found dead on the road anywhere.

This is yet another circumstantial evidence that sasquatches are very, very rare and likely endangered.

Or that they are more intelligent than grizzly bears, & know enough to stay out of the road when a car is approaching.

Do you have any data on the number of grizzly bear deaths by vehicle collision in Alabama?

Are grizzly bears in Alabama more intelligent than grizzly bears in Alaska?

Guest FuriousGeorge

NYC is not going to be the point of reference to where wild animals don't go anymore. For some reason we now have occasional coyotes, deer, turkey's, bald eagles, and red tail hawks. Sas and grizzlies must be just around corner. I need to get ready. I heard if you see a mother grizzly and cub, you are suppose to jump between them and hug the cub so the mother knows you care. Is this true?

Huntster, on 01 December 2010 - 11:04 AM, said:

You cannot expect us to accept that all sasquatches are smarter than all people.

Ok, don't accept it.

Okay. Thanks.

Dogs and cats are regularly found dead on the road, I've hit two dogs and a cat myself on the road, and there still has never been a sasquatch found dead on the road.

Just proves that they are also smarter than cats & dogs.

Is that truly what it proves?

How do you know that one has never been hit, anyway?

I don't. In fact, I suspect one or two have.

But I'm absolutely positive that sasquatches haven't been officially discovered because a dead specimen was obtained by vehicle collision.

Edited by Huntster

Maybe one running on all fours was hit, thought to be a bear, deer, wolf, or whatever, & it's family took the body before humans could find it?

Conversely, maybe a bear running on two legs was hit, and the vehicle operator thought it was a sasquatch, reported it as such, the bear then escaped, and we have a classic "misidentification" report?

It works both ways. Each and every time. Whether skeptics, believers, or denialists like it or not.

I saw a cougar smeared all over the Interstate once, & the truck that hit in never even hit his brakes. It could have been a BF that was hit & he would have not known or reported it, & it was gone the next morning.

Maybe.

Maybe not.

Everything that happens doesn't get "reported".

Correct. And it is also correct that sasquatches have never ever been taxonomically described because a dead body was obtained by vehicle collision (or any other means, for that matter).

There are grizzly bears seen daily. Mountain lions seen daily. Javalinas seen daily.

Where are these reports?

Fish and game agencies.

Have you actually seen them, or are you just speculating?

I provided a link to ADFG management reports above, and specifically linked to the brown bear management report. If you read it, you will find that bear populations and densities rely upon harvest reports, some survey methods, and sighting reports.

More, I've linked to this study so many times on this (and the old) forum that it is getting ridiculous.

Note Jesse Coltrane's comment that, "We never got a call." That illustrates how many such calls they do get, and makes the lack of calls on this particular event significant.

I heard if you see a mother grizzly and cub, you are suppose to jump between them and hug the cub so the mother knows you care. Is this true?

That's the next best tactic after shooting the sow.

Can you tell us where you believe prime sasquatch habitat might be?

Uh...I'll guess it's not Central Park! Right?

Edited by Sasfooty

I believe that it is possible that an alligator or caiman has been released in the New York City area, but I doubt a sasquatch has been so introduced into the area.

I doubt it, too.

Have you ever seen a grizzly, alligator, or javalina in the wild? (I've seen all three in the wild).

Yes, I have. Even had an alligator living behind my house in a neighbor's pond for awhile.

Have you ever seen BF in your back yard? (I have.)

Not really.

Does it reveal anything about yours?

How many millions of acres in the Rocky mountains, eastern Texas, Ohio, Mississippi Lowlands in the southern & central USA, Pac NW, Alaska, BC, heavy forested areas in Canada (complete with natural resources that EASILY allow bears to survive in large numbers) and Appalachian Mountain states are there ? Why is there limited resources ? If the predator populations are increasing (generally, I understand there are plenty of pockets where deer are down or predators are limited or moving out once territory is saturated) why would that not be true of other omnivores that also utilize protein at least when there is no forage (salad) ? If governed by biological law and limiting factors, why would they be much different than the black bear which seems to be doing quite well across most of North America ? Just curious. What do we think they eat anyway ? I suspect everything we can and more. I do not see where there is something that is stopping them with their physical nature, if even only half as powerful as reported, suspected or whatever.

Guest tracker

There's a recent report about a guy clipping a Sasq with his sports car in California. Anyone read that one? attach the link if you know where it is or let me know.

Apparently after coming to a stop after hitting the big guy. The driver then tried to accelerate to get away from the angry Sasq approaching. The report claims it caught up to him and smashed his trunk with its fist. Thats one po BF!

Yes, I have. Even had an alligator living behind my house in a neighbor's pond for awhile.

You've seen a grizzly and a javalina in the wild?

Have you ever seen BF in your back yard? (I have.)

No. I've never seen a bigfoot in the United States (and I've been to most states), Canada (and I've been to most of the provinces), or Asia (spent some time in the jungle).

Indeed, I spend days at a time looking for animals with binoculars and spotting scopes. For weeks.

Never seen a bigfoot.

I think they're extremely rare even in their prime habitat, and actually non-existent in most areas of the continent.

Of course not. I'm not the one equating their elusiveness to super-human intelligence. I'm the one pointing out (with a myriad of examples and circumstantial evidence) that they are extremely rare, and I believe that's why I haven't seen one.

Now, you're stating that the reason why people don't see, shoot, and run them over is because they're super smart. Smarter than grizzly bears, alligators, and javalinas. You've stated that you've seen an alligator behind your house. Where did you see a wild grizzly and wild javalina?

There's a recent report about a guy clipping a Sasq with his sports car in California

No hair left on the vehicle trim?

A friend hit a black bear near Seward, AK, with his truck & camper. He swerved, and the front left camper jack hit the bruin. Really put a screwing to the framework of his camper.

Left hair on the jack, too...........

Edited by Huntster

• masterbarber locked this topic